Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

When school first started there was no working air conditioning in my 6th period. It was 100 degrees outside after lunch and we have no air conditioning! my teacher emailed the principal several times, my mom called the principal 4 times and left several messages, and she called the district twice yet nobody got back to her. this went on for 2 weeks. Im a Sophmore attending Ramona high school and I can give you different insight besides the smiling faces that the super intentons get. teachers do not want to be there. There is only really only a handful of teachers that care if you graduate and want you to grow as a person in their classroom and outside of school. It is frustrating for the student when the teacher doesn't care. I'm a smart girl, I've always had good grades (A's and maybe a few B's) but since I have attended Ramona high school I've gotten D's, go to tutoring everyday after school because my teacher cannot teach me. Last year my math teacher was practically incapable, I got a D. this year my teacher does not care (and yes he's admitted it). How is that fair for me? We also have a drug problem, limited resources,

I have been in this area for 15 years. I know of so many kids that have moved on to wonderful things after graduating from RHS. Like ALL schools, there are students who are not a fit with the program - but Ramona has many alternatives available in their district for those that do not fit within the traditional school.

Ramona High School is amazing Students get out of school what they and their parents are willing to put into it. This is true in any school district. Both my daughters attended Ramona High School and it prepared them for entrance into two exceptional Colleges not only in academics but sports as well. The teachers were wonderful as was the entire High School experience.

Some teachers are great, especially the APE teachers. Some are not up to par...don't return emails or.phone calls, inflexible with student needs. Some of the office staff don't seem to care about trying to help students to succeed. Too many just collecting a paycheck.

This is a best school, my kids have a lot of help, the teachers are really helpfull with the kids I definally recommended.

Wish I would have listened to friends & other parents that pulled their kids out of this HS. A self motivated kid will make it through, lazy kids will fall through the cracks. I've emailed teachers who never returned an email back, I've left messages to the principal or staff with the same results. I've had a counsler blame me for not logging on to the website to keep track of my kids grades. Sorry..is that MY job..really?? I may as well spend the day babysitting him at school then. Sat school??? If you think this is designed for your kid for make-up work, think again..it all about re-couping the schools funding for the days your kid was absent. Montecito HS would have been a much better choice!

The leadership with the principal and teachers is good at this school. Unfortunately a lot of kids are left to themselves and so they get into a lot of trouble in and outside of school.

This school is just horrible and definitely an education mill; truly the fast food version of a school. The administration is rude, calloused, unhelpful and uncaring. In fairness, there is one, and only one, person whom I've found to have human-like qualities: the secretary in counseling. She is caring, kind, compassionate and professional. If you'd like a frustrating nightmare for your child's high school experience, enroll them here. Otherwise, stay clear.

As a parent I am reading all what people have to say and I can tell you I agree with administrators they are out all the time and the principal is never in his office and you just don't see him. This is my second child going throw this program and I can tell you with teacher's having 50 plus kids in a class room it is really hard. I as a parent are on top of everything my kid has to get done. It just like I am back in school. For the most part if you as a parent are on top of things your kids will get throw if you are lazy you are in for it. You will get lost. Oh and yes there is a couple teacher's that are 'nuts' just watch and if your kid get in her class get them out. Don't wait.

I just graduated in June 2009 and am entering the CSU system in the fall because this school prepared me for college. Out of the 24 teachers I had all but, 2 were great and always willing to help when needed. As for the students, you find good and bad anywhere but, overall they were nice. I am proud to have been a RHS Bulldog

Last modified Ramona High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.