Ramona, CA

Posted July 03, 2014
Amazing my daughter went to Oak Knoll Montessori in Poway when she was young and it was a great school. My Grandchildren now attend Montessori Children's House in Ramona and it is even better. I know all of the teachers have true affection for each and every student. I love the fact that nature factors into so many aspects of the program. My Grandkids love going to school everyday. This is a great school.

Posted May 20, 2006
I love this school. I highly recommend it to all parents.

Posted January 03, 2006
Set on 7 acres, large playground and swimming pool. My children have gone there for four years and I can not be more pleased with their growth academically, artistically and socially. Outstanding, caring staff. The bad news it has been sold and will become a 'school at home' operation.

Posted January 03, 2006
Very good school. Lots of extra activities at the school (woodworking, dance, gynmastics, music, swimming) make it very nice for the children to have extra activities without the hassle of driving them all over town. Teachers are great, school is large and spacious with lots of room for kids to play.

Posted March 16, 2005
Both my children have gone to CMS since the age of 3 years old. CMS has always been a caring and excelled learning environment. Both my children are better people for attending CMS. CMS brought them confidence and the desire to be their best (what ever level their best might be). CMS gives children the opportunity to blossom into responsible, intelligent, organized, kind and courteous individuals. My children have fond memories of CMS, as do their parents.

Posted March 15, 2005
Small, intimate, academically-focused environment. Love the preschool and Kindergarten classes.

Montessori Children's House 3

Posted March 10, 2005
A traditional grade level approach to montessori method leaves the student stressed and in a hurry. Montessori free choice and relaxed learning environment to foster a lifetime love of the learning process is not present at this institution. extra activities such as spanish, colorology, science, and wood crafting are available for fees ranging from 45.00 to 80.00. no music program or seasonal recitals noted. parent envolvement to a minimum. In classroom participation not encourage, it distracts from learning.

Montessori Children's House 1

Posted June 11, 2004
Although this school has good test scores and builds strong foundational skills, it truly lacks in providing a loving environment and strong leadership. There's a 'drop your kid off at the gate' mentality, and a discouragement of parental involvement. A group of parents attempted to build a relationship between the home and school environments by starting a PTA. The director ceased the formulation of the group before the first meeting, and stated it was her 'nightmare.' There is not a proactive approach to problem solving. It is clear the staff do not want constructive feedback from parents, as the parents are told via newsletters from the director things will not be changing and if they don't like how things are, to go to another school. I decided to take the one piece of sound advice given to parents from CMS: I've pulled my child out and enrolled in another another school.

Montessori Children's House 1

Posted March 26, 2004
My Daughter is currently enrolled in Kindergarten at Children's Montessori. I spent a great deal of time and energy finding what I thought was a healthy, nurturing environment for her when I chose this school. Sadly, the reality has been very different from the image the school presented in their literature, open houses and meetings prior to enrollment. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher has a very negative attitude toward all the children in her classroom that is reflected in her use of the word 'stupid' to describe students, her tendency to yell frequently, and her constant negative comments toward them. We will not be continuing at this school and my other two children will never attend. It is also worth mentioning that the playground equipment is not up to code and there have been at least two semi serious injuries this year as a result. I would not recommend this school.

Posted January 27, 2004

Montessori Children's House
717 9th Street, Ramona, CA  92065
Last modified Montessori Children's House is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Montessori Children's House Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top