Rancho Cordova, CA

Posted August 18, 2014
We have had a great three years at Sunrise. We had Mrs Stecca, who is amazing, she loves the kids and has their best interest at heart, my kids still go over to visit her, their first experience of school has kept them loving school. It's their favorite place. We also had Mrs Donald, who did lots of extra things for the students, teaching them the life cycle, gardening - we are still growing veggies. We also had Mrs Jendrick who I will rave about, she give each student encouragement, focuses on their strengths and builds on them. My kids thrived in her class and know they can acheive anything. They will be sucessful in everything they do because of these Sunrise teachers. The VIce Principal is a gem, she knows most of the childrens names, not because they are in trouble, but because they are great students, and she truely loves them and wants the best for them. This is like ho me

Sunrise Elementary School 2

Posted July 24, 2014
This school is very disorganized. The principal is very aloof and clueless. She does not engage with parents or return calls. We can't get a hold of her. THe teachers are also aloof. My child started kindergarten this year and we have not heard a word from the teacher. She has made no connection with us and gives no updates since school has started.

Posted July 08, 2014
While all the other Rancho schools are lacking, this school is not. Elk Grove District is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Posted October 30, 2013
Sunrise Elementary is a very good school. The Kindergarten teachers care about their students and are effective instructors. Ms. Young has requested and received funding two years straight from Chevron, first for purchasing wide view microscopes; and this year for materials and inclusion in a TAG reading program. This is an effort above and beyond the call of duty. And the students show their appreciation to her in the hugs they initiate to her at the end of each school day.

Posted October 30, 2013
Sunrise Elementary is an exceptional school, with good leadership, curriculum, parent involvement and teachers who are professional and care deeply about their students. The Elk Grove School District needs to honor their commitment of building another elementary school in the community. And if it turns out like Sunrise, all the students within the community will be well served.

Sunrise Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
I actually think that the administration needs to get a life. The dress code they are allowed to enforce is to maintain a safe environment, as I have seen it written in the rules. No where does it state that school dress codes are allowed to usurp MY authority when raising MY children. If I want to allow my kid have a piercing or wear a little bit of eye liner, stay out of our business. It is not in the guidelines that you are allowed to take my parental rights away from me. And I'm proud that my daughter, who has low self esteem, wants to accentuate her favorite feature about herself and it happens to be her eyes, not anything provocative like so many other girls her age.

Sunrise Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
We just moved to the area and it's our son first few weeks here. We got to meet the principal and vice principal in persons. They are amongst the sweetest people we ever met. My son enjoys going to school. His teacher is wonderful, kind and easy to reach. She is always available fir any questions. She makes us feel very comfortable any time we meet her!

Posted August 23, 2013
Sunrise Elementary is a wonderful elementary school! Kindergarten has a great teaching team and I cannot thank enough Mrs. Suine and Ms.Radke for their help in my daughters beginning education. The Frist grade teaching team is wonderful as well! Mr. Kroll and Mrs. Kroll were my girls teachers and I appreciate the extra help they gave my children to succeed! The Second Grade teaching team is just as wonderful. Both of my girls had Mrs. Standring who instilled wonderful study habits as well as a great education! Third grade both of my girls had/have Ms. Harris who is a great teacher who thinks out of the box and makes learning fun! My oldest has Mr. Linn and she just adores him! She comes home everyday and tells me at least one thing Mr. Linn said or did when teaching! The Staff at Sunrise is great. The parents are very involved in this school. Our Librarian Mrs. Britton is wonderful as well and we are blessed to have her! Our Learning Center and Paraeducators rock and give our kids the tools to become better students. My girls have made lifelong friends at Sunrise! I can't say enough about this school!!!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my son's first year attending Sunrise, and I am already so very happy with our choice to send him here. The teachers are amazing, the families sending their children here are so very involved, and best of all: my son is excited to go to school every morning! Love it!

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school in a great community. The staff is outstanding and the parent participation is extraordinary.

Sunrise Elementary School
11821 Cobble Brook Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA  95742
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top