Rancho Cordova, CA
Students enrolled: 1,770

Posted April 03, 2014
This is the first year International Baccalaureate is offered, and it is great. The teachers have really done a good job in developing it. I was surprised that their are many international students there that participate, and some even from other districts. Great partnership with Germany IB school, too.

Cordova High School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
My son goes here and it's horrible. Twice now his gym locker was broke into and his phones told both times and his shoes. His bike was stole from off the rack that was locked up no security at all your kids are not safe complete nonsense and they won't do anything about it

Cordova High School 2

Posted May 30, 2013
Teachers do not respond timely or not at all to parents emails and phone calls.

Posted May 29, 2013
My school is diverse. We have a wide range of students from different back grounds. My school guides these students towards their goals and provides opportunities for students to succeed throughout their high school careers. My school develops student's academic abilities as well as recognizes their accomplishments in athletics and community service. My school is awesome.

Posted May 29, 2013
Cordova High School has been around a long time. I do believe there needs to be more participation involvement from the parents of our students. Schools don't get "great" without parents stepping up to ensure success of both the students and the faculty. Personally my 10th grader has had issues with at least two teachers who were not acting in the best interests of the students. Some teachers apparently feel that not teaching from the book or by the book is acceptable. That does NOT work for students who need to see or read something for educational learnings. Why have books then? Some students need to read and re-read in order to retain or learn facts. Get with the program teachers and use your books! Cordova has a great campus although it's old. My child feels so much better interacting with the students at Cordova High than he did with the "elite" students at Folsom High his Freshman year. People are and should be down to earth with each other. It's not what you have but who you are. Make a difference! Go Cordova and lead the way for diversity and ethnic success while bringing education to the forefront!

Posted May 29, 2013
I have lived my high school experience again through my three kids, all of whom graduated from Cordova High School. I love this school and feel all the pride one would had I gone there myself. The Administration Staff cares greatly about this school and its students. I know a great deal of them are alumni themselves.

Posted May 29, 2013
Our daughter transfered mid-year from the school across the river after we sold our house and moved. We considered letting her stay there but can honestly say that transfering her was the best decision we made. There are so many positive changes going on at CHS that are going to put the school back on top where it belongs and with the implementation of the IB program, it's only going to keep getting better. The majority of the staff really seems to care about the students (at least from what I've seen) and there are so many avenues that students can utilize to help them further their education with college. The one area that I see where improvement can really be made is parent involvement.

Posted May 29, 2013
I have been a teacher at Cordova High School for the past 16 years and I still love it. I also am a parent of two graduating students from Cordova High School, they are proud to be known as past graduates. GO BIG RED!!!

Posted May 29, 2013
My son goes to Cordova high school as I did and his father and most of our family and friends. Cordova High School has a great environment and a great campus. Really preps them for college. Some of the teachers are still there. The one concern I have is bullying. I can walk through the campus and most will think I am a student since I am so short, and I can actually observe it happening. There needs to be more " yard duties". Often when they go to the restrooms, other students are there and that is a perfect place. No supervision around. Just because class is in session doesn't mean there should be no monitors out there checking the campus. My son has often times came home to share about what has happened to him verbally or to other students.

Posted May 28, 2013
Nestled among the rolling hills of the Hagen Park/American River Parkway, Cordova High is a beautiful open campus dotted with mature Redwoods and Heritage Oaks on the lush green campus. Opened in 1963 some of the buildings have their quirky charm of that era, but thanks to the very generous community many improvement bonds have been passed to modernize and replace many of the older structures. CHS' technology is 2nd to none with Smartboards in every classroom and the whole campus has WiFi. The athletic facilities are the envy and "the bar" for all the surrounding schools. As for the school its self, test scores continue to climb every year, and this year CHS was ranked 10/10 on it's similar schools index! The thing I like best about CHS is their emphasis on customer service; they want to develop and maintain string relationships with the community and the parents.

Cordova High School
2239 Chase Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA  95670
Last modified Cordova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cordova High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top