Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Cordova High School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
This teacher goes out of his way to help the students that really need help & if there is anything that needs volunteers,he's there.

Cordova High School 1

Posted September 30, 2015
Teachers are completely non responsive to emails, phone calls and don't show up for scheduled meetings.

Posted May 02, 2015
best school ever in 78 because we rocked ya booya from angel Hammond the bestest bio

Posted April 03, 2014
This is the first year International Baccalaureate is offered, and it is great. The teachers have really done a good job in developing it. I was surprised that their are many international students there that participate, and some even from other districts. Great partnership with Germany IB school, too.

Cordova High School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
My son goes here and it's horrible. Twice now his gym locker was broke into and his phones told both times and his shoes. His bike was stole from off the rack that was locked up no security at all your kids are not safe complete nonsense and they won't do anything about it

Cordova High School 2

Posted May 30, 2013
Teachers do not respond timely or not at all to parents emails and phone calls.

Cordova High School 4

Posted May 29, 2013
My school is diverse. We have a wide range of students from different back grounds. My school guides these students towards their goals and provides opportunities for students to succeed throughout their high school careers. My school develops student's academic abilities as well as recognizes their accomplishments in athletics and community service. My school is awesome.

Cordova High School 4

Posted May 29, 2013
Cordova High School has been around a long time. I do believe there needs to be more participation involvement from the parents of our students. Schools don't get "great" without parents stepping up to ensure success of both the students and the faculty. Personally my 10th grader has had issues with at least two teachers who were not acting in the best interests of the students. Some teachers apparently feel that not teaching from the book or by the book is acceptable. That does NOT work for students who need to see or read something for educational learnings. Why have books then? Some students need to read and re-read in order to retain or learn facts. Get with the program teachers and use your books! Cordova has a great campus although it's old. My child feels so much better interacting with the students at Cordova High than he did with the "elite" students at Folsom High his Freshman year. People are and should be down to earth with each other. It's not what you have but who you are. Make a difference! Go Cordova and lead the way for diversity and ethnic success while bringing education to the forefront!

Posted May 29, 2013
I have lived my high school experience again through my three kids, all of whom graduated from Cordova High School. I love this school and feel all the pride one would had I gone there myself. The Administration Staff cares greatly about this school and its students. I know a great deal of them are alumni themselves.

Posted May 29, 2013
Our daughter transfered mid-year from the school across the river after we sold our house and moved. We considered letting her stay there but can honestly say that transfering her was the best decision we made. There are so many positive changes going on at CHS that are going to put the school back on top where it belongs and with the implementation of the IB program, it's only going to keep getting better. The majority of the staff really seems to care about the students (at least from what I've seen) and there are so many avenues that students can utilize to help them further their education with college. The one area that I see where improvement can really be made is parent involvement.

Cordova High School
2239 Chase Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA  95670-2039
Last modified Cordova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.