Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teachers are completely non responsive to emails, phone calls and don't show up for scheduled meetings.

best school ever in 78 because we rocked ya booya from angel Hammond the bestest bio

This is the first year International Baccalaureate is offered, and it is great. The teachers have really done a good job in developing it. I was surprised that their are many international students there that participate, and some even from other districts. Great partnership with Germany IB school, too.

My son goes here and it's horrible. Twice now his gym locker was broke into and his phones told both times and his shoes. His bike was stole from off the rack that was locked up no security at all your kids are not safe complete nonsense and they won't do anything about it

Teachers do not respond timely or not at all to parents emails and phone calls.

My school is diverse. We have a wide range of students from different back grounds. My school guides these students towards their goals and provides opportunities for students to succeed throughout their high school careers. My school develops student's academic abilities as well as recognizes their accomplishments in athletics and community service. My school is awesome.

Cordova High School has been around a long time. I do believe there needs to be more participation involvement from the parents of our students. Schools don't get "great" without parents stepping up to ensure success of both the students and the faculty. Personally my 10th grader has had issues with at least two teachers who were not acting in the best interests of the students. Some teachers apparently feel that not teaching from the book or by the book is acceptable. That does NOT work for students who need to see or read something for educational learnings. Why have books then? Some students need to read and re-read in order to retain or learn facts. Get with the program teachers and use your books! Cordova has a great campus although it's old. My child feels so much better interacting with the students at Cordova High than he did with the "elite" students at Folsom High his Freshman year. People are and should be down to earth with each other. It's not what you have but who you are. Make a difference! Go Cordova and lead the way for diversity and ethnic success while bringing education to the forefront!

I have lived my high school experience again through my three kids, all of whom graduated from Cordova High School. I love this school and feel all the pride one would had I gone there myself. The Administration Staff cares greatly about this school and its students. I know a great deal of them are alumni themselves.

Our daughter transfered mid-year from the school across the river after we sold our house and moved. We considered letting her stay there but can honestly say that transfering her was the best decision we made. There are so many positive changes going on at CHS that are going to put the school back on top where it belongs and with the implementation of the IB program, it's only going to keep getting better. The majority of the staff really seems to care about the students (at least from what I've seen) and there are so many avenues that students can utilize to help them further their education with college. The one area that I see where improvement can really be made is parent involvement.

I have been a teacher at Cordova High School for the past 16 years and I still love it. I also am a parent of two graduating students from Cordova High School, they are proud to be known as past graduates. GO BIG RED!!!

Last modified Cordova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.