Rancho Cordova, CA

Mills Middle School 4

Posted June 13, 2014
I was a student at Mills from 6-8, just graduated, and am about to go to Cordova in the fall. This school, or I should say the teachers at this school, are wonderful. At least most of them, anyway. Mrs. Gasc n, Mrs. Towne, Mrs. Schulte (now retired), Mr. Sherman (also retired), and especially Mr. Chakroborty and Mr. Shields are all amazing teachers. And those are just my 8th grade teachers. I think the only thing they could improve on is the food they serve during lunch. And, though most kids are awesome are hardworking, some can be rude and impolite, which is why you just need to be careful. Overall, this school will be dearly missed by many. And a lot of that students that say they don't like it say that because of the uniforms, or because they were rude to teachers and got in trouble. Four stars from me!

Posted October 23, 2013
Mills Middle School Mustangs are diverse in cultures and languages. One of the highlights in the school year is the Multiculture Fair in the Spring. We have dedicated and highly qualified teachers. Many of the teachers have taught at Mills for 10+ years! They enjoy working with the students, offer extra help outside of class time, and are involved in 14 clubs and 5 sports. Their own children attend the school. Our principal has led our school with passion and vision. He has strengthened our Mustang Family by building a family atmosphere on campus through getting to know the students and his staff. Students are encouraged to see beyond middle school by visiting college campuses and career fairs. The students are inspired and motivated to make positive choices by special assemblies focusing on anti-bullying (Point Break), a wheelchair sports association (Capital Cagers), Author Kevin Carroll (Rules of the Red Rubber Ball), and speakers that share their life story of overcoming challenges. We can improve our school by increasing our parent involvement with our children and on campus.

Mills Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
My oldest child is in her second year at Mills Middle School. I like the fact that the teachers use the website to post all of the assignments and use sites like Edmodo to connect with the students on their level. My child and I love the technology program that they offer as an elective. The teachers are all very enthusiastic. Overall, I can't complain when my child comes home and says "Mom, science/math/language arts was fun today."

Posted September 08, 2012
Horrible environment to send your child to... and very poor education. My child pretty much repeated what she had already learned the previous year in the Elk Grove district, and twiddled her thumbs throughout the year at Mills. We had to pull her out of this school and into an entire new district to get her the education she deserves. So glad we did !

Posted August 04, 2011
What a school, my son played three sports, was in band, participated in clubs, did service learning to improve the community and maintained a 4.0 GPA. Mrs. Andrus, Mrs. Holton, Mr. Meyer, Terry, Mr. Hatcher, Mrs. Bird, Mrs. Martin, all the teacher my son had were wonderful. My son wants to go to college now, he visited Sac State and Chico while at Mills. Mr. Mejia aka Big Daddy, is a great counselor. The school is clean, safe and looks brand new. I love the uniform, I don't have to worry about what he was wearing and it was easy for me to keep his close clean. He went on so many field trips my still hurt from signing forms. Mr. Arnez is a crazy math guy that sings in class, hey whatever it takes. My son is better person for attending Mills I just hope high school is as good as Mills.

Posted May 23, 2011
This is a horrible school.. the staff does nothing about bullying, my son has been a constant target for being bullied and when I tried contacting the school I would be transferred to a answering machine to only never get a return call.. I went down there physically to only be told the person I was to speak to was out at the moment.. after waiting for 3 hours I was able to talk to someone and was told that my son was the target of bullying because he does not choose to surround himself with a large number of kids and if he truly wanted it to stop he should make friends.. This school has lousy staff, lousy teachers.. the worst teacher in the school is Mrs Barsmith, if your kid comes home and says she is harassing him/her, your child is telling the truth.. I seen it with my own eyes while watching an interaction between my son and her one day, both did not know I seen it until I walked up.. She then stormed away and refused to talk about it.. again the school did nothing..

Posted July 06, 2010
my son went to mills middle school and when I needed to communicate with his teachers on edline only his language art teacher got back to me. Also when he was bullied in the sixth grade I was told by the school concelor the have a zero tolerance policy but yet nothing was done.

Posted April 27, 2010
I go to Mills Middle School right now and I love most of the teachers. Everything about this school is great, including the test scores, but uniforms have been making the students unhappy. I think the principle should consider eliminating uniforms for next year and have more students come to this school.

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted November 17, 2009

Mills Middle School
10439 Coloma Road, Rancho Cordova, CA  95670
Last modified Mills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top