K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 20, 2015
Great school and wonderful teachers. We will be here until our kids graduate. We are lucky our kids classes have great kids in them. The middle school teachers are wonderful and the lower grade teachers are amazing.

St. John Vianney School 3

Posted March 16, 2015
I agree with the previous two posts. SJV provides the type of environment you would expect from a Catholic school; with the exception of the middle school (6th - 8th) program. There have been many staff and leadership changes over the past couple of years and it shows. I have two children at this school, one in sixth grade and one in a lower grade. My younger one really enjoys SJV, but my sixth grader can t wait to graduate. Had I known things were going to turn out this way for my older child, I would have reconsidered SJV. I cannot recommend sending a middle school student to SJV, but the younger grades are good.

Posted March 08, 2015
St. John Vianney is a wonderful, caring, value rich elementary school that challenges each child to perform their best on an individual level. The extra curricular activities, and the dynamic classroom engagement offer each child the opportunity to truly prosper. This school is among the best elementary schools in our county. It's the sort of place where the parents all know each other, and our kids socialize with each other outside of school. This school, in short, has created a wonderfully supportive learning environment that is unfortunately rare in this day and age.

St. John Vianney School 2

Posted February 11, 2015
This review is of the 6th grade class of year 2014/15. There are 16 girls and 9 boys - not too bad of a disparity. However, the personality dynamics and types of families that make-up the class create a toxic environment. It could be due to the age, but the other classes that make up their "middle school" are not this dysfunctional. Rumors, drama, and out right lies in such a small class cause insurmountable pressure and distraction. There is nothing the teachers or principal can do because the students are a source of revenue and replacement families aren't "banging down the door" to come to this school. If you have a 6th grader this year - DO NOT come to this school. On the flip side, all of the other grade levels are great.

Posted August 15, 2014
We are very happy at SJV. The parent community is amazing. The teachers and staff are wonderful. The principal was new last year and she is so on top of everything. Looking forward to the new school year!

Posted September 26, 2013
I am new to this school, my daughter is in TK so we have 8 more years here to go :-). We are pleased with how well they communication and how up-to-date they are with technology. The staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful as well.

Posted February 25, 2010
Woo hoo! Oh yeah! Go SJV! This school totally rocks! We just did a report, and let me tell ya, it was WAY funner than I thought. I'm not a teachers pet or anything, but the teachers are cool.

Posted June 12, 2009
I have been at SJV for seven years now. I love it the teachers are awesome! We have this thing were if you do something good and a teacher spots you you get a ticket with a tiger on it it's called a tiger stripe then it's entered into a raffle than every week four people get picked and get candy It's cool

St. John Vianney School

Posted March 03, 2009
great school, it really prepaed me for high shool. I used yo die at the thought of writing an essay, but now i know the process. The teachers are so caring, when i transfered, i was surprised, its way different and better than any other school i've been to.

St. John Vianney School 4

Posted July 03, 2008
Hai. :0 I've been going to SJV for 8 years now, and it's been a good many years. The teachers our fair and try to understand our problems. Sometimes they're even funny! The holiday events are cool. I mean, I haven't been to any other schools, but I'm having fun in my class. It's a pretty stable schedule, so you probably won't see anything out of hte usual. I'm graduating next year though! On to high school with me. <3

St. John Vianney School
10499 Coloma Road, Rancho Cordova, CA  95670
Last modified St. John Vianney School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John Vianney School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top