Bad
Good

Posted November 22, 2015
This school is ok. The office ladies never seem to know what is going on and the PTO always says they need help but when you try to help out they act like they really don't want you there. It is frustrating. The TK program is very good and we like it. Too bad they don't have TK at the other schools where the PTO wants parents to help.

Central Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2015
I am gonna be removing my daughter from this school. The music teacher and Ms. Shatz and both so rude and disrespectful to my child. I will never recommend this school and why work with children if you don't even like them?! I expressed my concerns to the principle and nothing was addressed or done about it.

Central Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2014
Wow....This is an amazing school. Incredible grades, Nice but Strict teachers, Friendly Students, they have it all. They need this 5,000 dollars. Guess what: They spent school funds to have music periods! Who knows what they will do! They try way too hard to have us happy! :) Why not give something to them for a change....:) There's no need for improving, in fact....it can't!

Central Elementary School 5

Posted September 07, 2013
I have a 4th grader and 2 2nd graders this year at Central. I am so happy with the changes the district has made this year. The new principal, Mrs. Hammond, is amazing. You can really tell she is dedicated to leading by example. The PTO is such a hardworking group, committed to making sure the students have the best experience at the school. Their facebook page really helps keep me informed about activities at the school. Every volunteer that I have encountered at the school have been really nice and appropriate around the children. I know that volunteers are NEVER left alone with the children, so I really doubt the story the reviewer posted about one patting her child on the bottom. I have been at the school since 2009 and am very pleased with where my children are.

Central Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2012
There has been big changes at this school recently and I am very happy with them! I wish some of the teachers would be a little nicer and more approachable. The principal needs to be more involved but I appreciate the changes she is making. My kid is happy and I'm happier lately in general with the office staff and new proctors. Central is headed in a good direction!

Central Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2011
No longer happy with this school. The school has no principal, teachers are moved around during school and too many subs! The staff doesn't know if they are coming or going. Wish I could transfer to a better school for my kid.

Central Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2011
My daughter went to kg here last year and one day she came home and told me one of the volunteers patted her bottom. Went to talk to teacher and was told it would be taken care of. Well my other daughter started kg this year then the same thing happens with same person. Called police and go to find out the school has no policy on volunteers requiring a background check. Parents, guard your kids because this school does not care.

Posted December 15, 2010
It's a shame that this school is getting worse just because of one person: it's new principal. It used to be such a good school. Now parents and kids are disappointed when in the past it was a pride to belong to it. Just as a little example of the lack of integrity of the new principal is the way she chooses the winner of the pumpkin contest. The worst gets the 1st place and all parents get to see the that all of it is just favoritism. API scores are getting worse. I wonder when the Superintendent will notice that this person is not good for directing the school, but the traffic in the parking lot. At least she is an expert at doing it.

Posted January 12, 2010
My son has attended Central since kindergarten. He loves it and is very comfortable. Every teacher he has had have been great-no issues. However, the principal, office staff and proctors are not friendly and don't make myself or other parents feel comfortable. They need to be more approachable. Everything else is great.

Central Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2009
Central School has been a good school but in the past few years it has declined in it's ability to advance children academically, particularly children with disabilities. They seem to ignore research and choose cookie cutter curriculum that does not work. There have been some significant staff changes in during this time which may contribute to this. I feel confident in the new principal but remain reserved in my opinion of the school overall.

Central Elementary School
7955 Archibald Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730-2805
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.