Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Posted May 27, 2014
Coyote Canyon Elementary in Rancho Cucamonga is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. PASSIONATE TEACHERS AND STRONG LEADERS. They are enthusiastic for education and the well being of children. Every teacher I have encountered, have the same things in common, which is their PASSION FOR CHILDREN EDUCATION AND ADVANCEMENT! They always do their best! I applaud Dr. Knechtel in how he is leading the school. They are also quick to implement safety measures and inform parents promptly! The campus is beautiful and my children are flourishing. I am very pleased and grateful for the staff at Coyote Canyon Elementary.

Coyote Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
This is a great school with very involved parents and teachers. The staff is very helpful as well.

Posted September 07, 2013
Both of my children have been attending Coyote Canyon since Kindergarten. We have loved this school since day one. We especially loved Mrs.Calamusa their Kindergarten teacher. She truly cares for her students and prepares them for first grade very well. My oldest is now in forth grade and we have loved all his teachers. He is in the GATE program now band is reading at a 6grade level. My youngest is now in 2nd grade and has done very well also she is reading at a 5thgrade level. They also have an amazing volunteer sistetem. So many fun activities and I can truly go on and on about this great school. We have loved it since day one and are very glad our children attend Coyote Canyon !

Posted August 14, 2013
Coyote Canyon is such an amazing school!!! I've never seen a school who's teachers truly care about their students. They have a strong PTO who does so much for the school. They have their own parent teacher coordinator who plans school wide events that are truly amazing. Last year the kids got to take a mock flight to Hawaii when they arrived waiting for them was a lei, Hawaiian food, hula dancers and all. I truly feel blessed thtat my children go to Coyote Canyon!

Posted December 26, 2012
Terrible school! They care more about looking good/ scores than actually making a diffrence for a child. The teachers all gossip among each other, and have their favorites that include parents and students. Parking is a nightmare, Office staff are rude and preoccupied with their own personal agenda and most impostantly my son is being robbed of a descent education. I only transfered him here because the school was closer to our new apt, but I cant wait until this school year is over because he will be returning to his old school where he was a top honor student and achieved higher than average scores on state testing. I'll be fair and say that the school is good for social activities and bringing in/ asking for money, but they really need to balnce it with putting education first.

Posted May 01, 2012
If you are looking at schools in Rancho Cucamonga, Coyote Canyon is an excellent school. Not only is the campus beautiful but the school has many wonderful teachers and parents. I understand that a few parents out of 750+ students have had bad experiences and usually those are the ones that post comments because of their frustration. You need to check out the school and decide for yourself. I have felt so welcome at the school this year. They have a lot of different ways to get involved. Coming from a lower performing area, I have been blown away at how the students are performing at a high level. The principal, office, volunteer coordinator, and teacher have made this a great experience. I recommend getting involved. Did I mention the API scores are close to 900. That is pretty amazing. This year my child jumped 2 grade levels in reading and it excelling. I moved to Rancho because of the schools and I have been very happy with my choice.

Posted February 15, 2012
My son attended this school K-4 2005-2010.He did very well academically but not well socially. He would shut down in the classroom, hide under desks when frustrated and could not make any friends. Every teacher he had complained about his behavior. He even had a group of bullies who left bruises on him and made each day a living hell for him. When I complained to the current principle, she said my son was asking for attention from these bullies and that he himself was a bully. I finally had my son psychologically evaluated due to severe depression from all of this and he was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, a form of Autism. Why did this Principle and her staff of teachers not notice my characteristics could possibly be Autistic? Since these teachers spend time with children most of the day, they should be trained in this type of behavior in order to advise parents of their observations and also to protect the child. It's a shame. My son could have taken behavioral/pragmatics classes to prepare him for middle school.

Posted August 28, 2011
Not very happy with the school. I agree with the poster that stated her children are not being adequately prepared. They aren't. The minute I can get my child out of here, I'm getting her out. The campus is dirty, the rules are arbitrarily enforced - my child is also getting A's in this school but I check her homework and I know she is not being challenged and that she is not being given an adequate education. The principal sends home grammatically incorrect memos.... not a good school.

Posted July 08, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! LOVE IT!!! Did I mention that I love this school -lol. We transfered from David Long and oh my goodness what a different atmosphere CC has. Where do I begin to brag about this school.The Principal is beyond exellent, awesome and amazing. I could just go and on and on. I mean she loves kids and has a heart for the underdog. The staff looks out for the children and wants them to learn. Mrs. Pastor was teacher of the year and I am so glad she'll be a Ruth M. I wish it didn't end at 4th grade, but I am just so thankful that we had this opportunity. This school was an answer to prayer.

Posted August 30, 2010
I wrote the previous comment, and I was and am a very involved parent. My daughter was receiving A's and B's at coyote canyon. When she started the new school C's and D's, because she had no idea what was going on. These concepts were never touched, Coyote Canyon was so far behind. She has since caught up and made honor roll at her Alta Loma school district school. I have also met several parents with the same situation, they leave Coyote thinking the kids know what they should, and find out how far behind they actually are.

Coyote Canyon Elementary School
7889 Elm Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Coyote Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top