Posted April 27, 2014
My son loves his school and loves his teacher Mrs. Hunt. He is excelling wonderfully and he can't wait to go to 1st grade. The office ladies are a hit and miss, I guess it depends what side of the bed they woke up on that morning. I will say there are to many fundraisers. Rather donate the cash then sell 30 items for the school to receive the same amount I donated.

Posted April 21, 2014
I love this school the only complaint its about the office ladies, they are very very rude with the kids and the parents..

Posted April 02, 2014
I currently have a son in Kindergarten, he is doing great at this school and is in the accelerated reading program. My son has achieved so much during the school year he loves his teacher Mrs. Hunt she is amazing and cares for her students.

Posted January 17, 2014
while i love my childs current teacher/aides, this school has gone downhill in the last several years. the office staff ladies: i really question if they even LIKE children. they are rude most days, they are extremely nosy and the first lady you come to is always trying to find out more information than she needs for her job. the attendance lady is a straight up !*^*#**. if she distrusts parents and children so much--why does she work in the front office?? why not just work at the district, in the back ? or the basement? where you dont have to deal with people and kids? the principal is sketchy at best...not a people person (( unless , apparently you are the cliquey PTA , then you get to double park and cut in pick up line :) )) I am counting the HOURS until school year ends and my child can move on to a different school , where they trust parents, and speak NICELY to them. this school needs to get its friggin act together. I dont even recommend this school to new families that move in , i direct them to Coyote Canyon. MUCH better atmosphere there, better front office staff and truly helpful Kids Club there.

Posted May 28, 2013
Dona Merced is an excellent school with great teachers. The energy, excitement and engagement seen in the eyes of students is unique.

Do?A Merced Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2013
I love this school and the teachers. We should be going to a different school but picked this one. They have a lot of programs that our other school cut. The Principal is very good and address concerns promptly. The rooms have stories and art all over the walls. There is a Library and classes have field trips, art and the kids learn to sing songs. They say the Pledge every morning. The teachers are creative and keep the students engaged. Good tickets are given out so behavior notices are not just for kids that misbehave. There is a before school walking club. It seems like there is always some activity going on. Tonight the PTA held the Talent Show and last month there was a Daddy and Daughter Dance with pictures and a DJ. My son's teacher really makes learning fun for him and we are glad we came to this school. If I had to find something that needs improvement, I would have to say it is the lunch. Not good. Frozen burritos and hamburgers in plastic wrappers.

Posted June 16, 2011
Ever since they put in a new principal, the school has not been the same,I remember when I went to that school almost 8 years ago and it use to be a place wherethe students education was first, where kids who didn't speak the language had the support of not on the the school resources teachers but also the students regular teacher. My mom felt horrible when she walked into that office and those ladies looked at her as though she was a pest after volunteering more then 10 years at that school. Not only that but instead of having the school call the parents to let them know that their child is misbehaving, they send home a paper expecting the student to give it to their parents, what a disappointment.

Posted December 06, 2010
I cannot wait until this school year is finished and I can move my child to a new district for middle school. The office women are so rude. They act as if you are bothering them when you need them to do anything. This school is all about asking for money too. Fundraiser this, donate here, donate there, sick of it. The quality of teachers is hit or miss. The PTA is like a members only club. I always show interest in volunteering on the forms and I have gotten called in one time in four years to volunteer yet they insist they are always needing volunteers. Guess you have to be part of the clique. They have cut out bussing, band, track (since I attended here), and every other extracurricular activity that they are not making money on. Back to school nights have been cut out too! I am glad my childs time here is almost up. If not for the luck of getting a great teacher this year the transfer would have already taken place.

Posted May 21, 2010
wonderful woderful school!!! my 2 sons now 2nd gradeder and kinder are sad that we are moving this year school year ended june 3rd,2010 and going to a new school as of aug. 2010.. Teachers are great COMMUNICATORS! any help they can give their there for the students and parents invovlement. Front staff are very helpful and friendly! Telephone reminders from the principal were awesome Keeping parents involved in activites and holiday or any events that would be taking place.. ***WE will be atteneding FONTANA district now (yikes)***

Posted June 15, 2009
Awesome School! The best teachers, staff, and PTA. Your child will be getting the best education and care in Rancho Cucamonga. To the poster here who claimed the work is 'repetitive', dont blame the teachers...The State makes them stick to this lesson plan. Trust me,coming from Pasadena school district, count your blessings with this school. If someone had a problem with the front office staff, they must have been rude to them, or misunderstood, because they are always nice and helpful, no matter how busy. Trust me, you wont find a finer school anywhere!

Do?A Merced Elementary School
10333 Palo Alto, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Do?A Merced Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Do?A Merced Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.