Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 16, 2015
Except for maybe one, that I had issues with, the teachers and staff are all very good at what they do.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 16, 2015
I never saw bullying once....at all. The school was very much on top of that.

Dona Merced Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2015
My son spent 1st-5th grade there. I will admit, my boy was a tough cookie, but this school really bent over backwards to give him the extra help he needed and he was even given speech therapy. Both the Speech and Resource instructors were fabulous with my son and communicated with me well. They work with positive reinforcement. I did have some personality differences with a few of my son's teacher's over these years but nothing that wasn't resolved or semi-resolved with a meeting. Overall, the staff are great and I've been happy with my son's time there. They have a great before and after school program as well.

Posted April 27, 2014
My son loves his school and loves his teacher Mrs. Hunt. He is excelling wonderfully and he can't wait to go to 1st grade. The office ladies are a hit and miss, I guess it depends what side of the bed they woke up on that morning. I will say there are to many fundraisers. Rather donate the cash then sell 30 items for the school to receive the same amount I donated.

Posted April 21, 2014
I love this school the only complaint its about the office ladies, they are very very rude with the kids and the parents..

Posted April 02, 2014
I currently have a son in Kindergarten, he is doing great at this school and is in the accelerated reading program. My son has achieved so much during the school year he loves his teacher Mrs. Hunt she is amazing and cares for her students.

Dona Merced Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2014
while i love my childs current teacher/aides, this school has gone downhill in the last several years. the office staff ladies: i really question if they even LIKE children. they are rude most days, they are extremely nosy and the first lady you come to is always trying to find out more information than she needs for her job. the attendance lady is a straight up !*^*#**. if she distrusts parents and children so much--why does she work in the front office?? why not just work at the district, in the back ? or the basement? where you dont have to deal with people and kids? the principal is sketchy at best...not a people person (( unless , apparently you are the cliquey PTA , then you get to double park and cut in pick up line :) )) I am counting the HOURS until school year ends and my child can move on to a different school , where they trust parents, and speak NICELY to them. this school needs to get its friggin act together. I dont even recommend this school to new families that move in , i direct them to Coyote Canyon. MUCH better atmosphere there, better front office staff and truly helpful Kids Club there.

Posted May 28, 2013
Dona Merced is an excellent school with great teachers. The energy, excitement and engagement seen in the eyes of students is unique.

Dona Merced Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2013
I love this school and the teachers. We should be going to a different school but picked this one. They have a lot of programs that our other school cut. The Principal is very good and address concerns promptly. The rooms have stories and art all over the walls. There is a Library and classes have field trips, art and the kids learn to sing songs. They say the Pledge every morning. The teachers are creative and keep the students engaged. Good tickets are given out so behavior notices are not just for kids that misbehave. There is a before school walking club. It seems like there is always some activity going on. Tonight the PTA held the Talent Show and last month there was a Daddy and Daughter Dance with pictures and a DJ. My son's teacher really makes learning fun for him and we are glad we came to this school. If I had to find something that needs improvement, I would have to say it is the lunch. Not good. Frozen burritos and hamburgers in plastic wrappers.

Dona Merced Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2011
Ever since they put in a new principal, the school has not been the same,I remember when I went to that school almost 8 years ago and it use to be a place wherethe students education was first, where kids who didn't speak the language had the support of not on the the school resources teachers but also the students regular teacher. My mom felt horrible when she walked into that office and those ladies looked at her as though she was a pest after volunteering more then 10 years at that school. Not only that but instead of having the school call the parents to let them know that their child is misbehaving, they send home a paper expecting the student to give it to their parents, what a disappointment.

10333 Palo Alto, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Dona Merced Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dona Merced Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top