Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted February 09, 2016
My daughter attended Dona Merced K-5th. My son is in 2nd grade now and has been there since Kinder. The teachers are great. I appreciate the constant communication. There is always something exciting going on at the school to engage the children. There is a lot of parental involvement here and I believe that is another key element as to why the school thrives.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 22, 2015
Thank you to all the Club Fit teachers. My kids can't wait to get to school on Mondays and Friday mornings to earn more tokens for thier necklaces.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 22, 2015
The teachers go above and beyond and their efforts show. Most do a great job of making learning fun.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 22, 2015
Sometimes the homework seems like too much and at other times it seems like there isn't much. I guess it just depends on what they are working on.

Posted November 22, 2015
My children are thriving at this school. We love the teachers and staff. The school provides a high quality education while making learning fun. Sometimes the homework is very challenging and I have difficulty helping my kids with the common core math. The teachers make themselves accessible to answer my questions and promptly reply to my emails but I still have a hard time with math. I am so glad we are at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 16, 2015
Except for maybe one, that I had issues with, the teachers and staff are all very good at what they do.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 16, 2015
I never saw bullying once....at all. The school was very much on top of that.

Dona Merced Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2015
My son spent 1st-5th grade there. I will admit, my boy was a tough cookie, but this school really bent over backwards to give him the extra help he needed and he was even given speech therapy. Both the Speech and Resource instructors were fabulous with my son and communicated with me well. They work with positive reinforcement. I did have some personality differences with a few of my son's teacher's over these years but nothing that wasn't resolved or semi-resolved with a meeting. Overall, the staff are great and I've been happy with my son's time there. They have a great before and after school program as well.

Posted April 27, 2014
My son loves his school and loves his teacher Mrs. Hunt. He is excelling wonderfully and he can't wait to go to 1st grade. The office ladies are a hit and miss, I guess it depends what side of the bed they woke up on that morning. I will say there are to many fundraisers. Rather donate the cash then sell 30 items for the school to receive the same amount I donated.

Posted April 21, 2014
I love this school the only complaint its about the office ladies, they are very very rude with the kids and the parents..

10333 Palo Alto, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730-1744
Last modified Dona Merced Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.