Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Posted May 29, 2015
I love this school and so does my son. The principal is amazing and very personable. She cares about this school and the kids that attend. The RSP and speech teacher are outstanding and have worked wonders with my son. His kindergarten teacher is one of the best around! I couldn't ask for better. This school goes above and beyond just academics, they want your kids to be successful in every way. THEY CARE!!!

Posted April 04, 2015
I am revising my early review of this school after my reading other posts and my own personal dealings with the school. I have narrowed some problems down to a couple of individuals. The Principle seems to be one of them. My daughter is still in kindergarten after requesting her to be accelerated into first grade. I have found her teachers to be caring, interested, and involved with their students. I must have got on the principles "bad side" because she refuses to act even to the detriment to my child. Trying to remain optimistic. Would also like to note that the reason the Principle is in the parking lot in the morning is to direct traffic. The school district should really work to resolve that issue!
4 people found this helpful

Valle Vista Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2015
This school could be great...the teachers are great and the kids are great also. The principle is horrible!! Can not give the school the rating it deserves until she is gone....
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 16, 2014
This school is AMAZING...The teachers are AMAZING....The Principal is HORRIBLE....plain and simple...She either loves you or she hates you....if you get on her bad side....watch out! In the 6 years she has been here, she has gotten rid of program after program (oxygen run, GATE clubs, 4th grade program, trip to Sacramento, and just recently, awards ceremonies for the primary grades....just to name a few). And the parking lot is horrendous!
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 26, 2014
My boys love this school. The Principal is a gem and is in the parking lot mornings and afternoon, greeting the kids. She is also very hands on and appreciative of all her volunteers. The teachers are always available to the kids and parents.

Posted October 16, 2011
My son is now in 3rd grade & he's had great teachers every grade. The teachers seem to work together well & maintain a fun & positive environment for the kids. Teachers focus on getting the work done in the classroom & don't require a lot of homework, so families can have family time. The principal, Ms. Weaver, is out & around the school very involved, not hidden in an office & the kids seem to really like her. The school is small & kind of hidden on the hill in a nice quiet neighborhood. I don't know what more I'd want from a school.

Posted June 20, 2011
This school is OK. The teachers are geat, but the Principal is TERRIBLE. She needs training. This is only her second year as a principal and it shows! I miss Mrs. Kohn, she was a great principal. I loved the community, parents and school but this woman ruined it. I hope things get better.
4 people found this helpful

Valle Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2011
This school is a nightmare and many teachers should not be teaching. They have been there too long and have no accountability. I have had my children at this school for over 8 years and it has been terrible. I do not recommend it at all.

Posted May 01, 2010
This is a wonderful school. The teachers give a lot of their time to after school events and helping students. They have so many wonderful things staff there. If you have the chance to have your child in Ms. Chipman's class, you should. She is amazing.

Posted February 24, 2009
We have been so pleased with Valle Vista. The teachers at our school really care about our kids. I like how the teachers for each grade work in a team. Mrs. Kohn is always accessible and willing to listen. I'm so sad about all of the budget cuts that will be affecting this school. While I know it will greatly change the mood and efficiency of education at the school, I'm hopeful that the experience of the remaining staff will be able to pull off a miracle. And that they will be able to continue the great education Valle Vista has the reputation of.

7727 Valle Vista Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Valle Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valle Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top