Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Posted August 28, 2015
Very DISORGANIZED school lot with -NO traffic control as parents block other cars when they leave their vehicles mid parking lot. -All grades let out at the same time, which makes pick up much more congested. -Teachers, forcefully make the Kinder grades wait in scorching sun to release them one class at a time. No shaded areas provided for these kids. Having both Upper & Kinder grade children makes pick up time a nightmare Very 1st year in this area and im very dissapointed

Cucamonga Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2015
I'd also like to add my family's positive experience at this school. I have one child who has attended this school for four years now. He has done well with all of his teachers, and on the few occasions that I've had a concern or problem there was a quick response and resolution. All of the teachers and staff that I've talked to have always been helpful. While I wait to pick up my child I have overheard a lot of parents talking. What I have noticed is that those parents that complain about the school are those that think the school is completely responsible for teaching their children subject matter and social skills (being respectful). I feel that our family is our child's first and most important teachers, and it is our job to teach them and support them so that when they go to school they are ready to learn what the teacher has for them. We have to send our children to school with the basic skills necessary to learn (respect for others, valuing education, etc). If we as parents are not doing that, then we are to blame, not the teachers, and not the school.

Cucamonga Elementary School 5

Posted March 19, 2015
It is so upsetting to only see negative reviews posted for this school. It seems only when people have negative things to say they take the time to write reviews. With that said, this has been my daughter's first year at this school, we really like it. There is always room for improvement like test scores, but you can't just just put that on the school. It is a parents job to also teach at home and apply things that are learned in the classroom. My daughter is in Kindergarten and already has learned so much. She is reading at such a fast pace and is eager to go to school. She loves her teacher Mrs. Lorenzo and is always sharing the new things she teaches her.

Posted November 13, 2014
Worst school ever!! They don't pay attention to the kids,my sons teacher is horrible,I don't see my son learning as much as he was learning in preeschool,i didn't wanna send him there but i had no choice,I'm thinking of changing schools,if the district lets me,which is really unfair ..i should send my kids wherever I want!

Posted October 01, 2014
Big mistake sending my kid to this school, should have known better after reading the reviews. but school is close to my home. there's alot of thing's wrong with this school. didn't know this was a PI school which means Program Improvement they have been on it for three consecutive years.

Posted September 29, 2014
I regret putting my daugther in this school,, theres so many things wrong, starting with the transional kindergarten teacher, to the way they do things! kindergarden eating there snack in the floor, theres coaraches in the classrooms, dont appreciate parents volunturing, just naming a few things, so ready for my child to star kindergarten in my belonging school!!

Posted May 19, 2014
Also I remember when my school earned an appropriate amount of money it was used to remodel the parking lot we could of used it to make this school better not toward appearance but towards learning. I'm a former student of this school so I have some scary memories of attending this school. I remember we couldn't even go on the field because it was unsafe. There we houses behind the small wall which separated the field and the backyard and someone could easily jump over. Also the staff never asked for ID when a child was picked up from the office they just let them walk out even if they forgot to sign out.. trust me it's not a fun school to attend.. teachers are nice but the principal lacks taking Care of her school.

Posted April 23, 2014
Rated worst school in the nation! Beware, I wouldn't let my grass grow here. Horrible

Posted October 26, 2013
I was glad to see my brother finally leave that excuse of a school. They unfairly suspended him because a girl said he'd been hitting her. I am sorry but since when does a nine year old girl have any authority on who stays and who goes? There was no investigation at all. The only reason he got suspended was because of racism and sexism rolled into one. My mother was called to go pick him up and the principal at the time treated her with no respect because of her lack of English skills and because she was demanding an investigation. There is absolutely no funding and I can't see why anyone would let their kid go there.

Cucamonga Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2013
Both if my children have attended Cucamonga elementary since preschool. I can see where parents are reluctant about keeping their children here . This school has had up and downs. But both of my children are happy and learning. The schools testing scores have gone up. The school has great dedicated staff. I think the main problem with the school is funding. For some reason the school just doesn't get enough help. But over the years I have definetly seen big improvements and am very happy. I love the principal she's tough but very personable. I have the choice to take my children out at any time, but choose not to.

Cucamonga Elementary School
8677 Archibald Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Cucamonga Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cucamonga Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top