K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Things have changed dramatically with this principal. She does not address problems of any sort. If a problem is brought to her she blames either the child or the parent, or ignores it entirely. She does not listen to the experience or observations of the parent. She does not seek solutions. And you can never talk to her because she is never to be found, you have to deal with vice principal(s). That have no people skills what so ever they are rude and nasty and they talk very disrespectful. It make me think. if they talk to me like that what should I spect for my child. I know for a fact that more then one teacher here are big time bullys and they don't even worry about it, the principal knows and she does not do anything about it. you can talk to parents from 1st,2sd, and 6t grades they will tell you how bully they are with the children. Not Counting with the issue of the cell tower have anybody have watched the news lately, that, the Fire Department want all the cell tawers removed from there sites, do to healthy concerns. this are all fully developed man and they are having concerns. How not to worry about this little ones that are still developing.

My oldest child begin her schooling in a public school. The school was fine but they have so much to deal with from shrinking budgets to overcrowding that we realized that our daughter needed something better. We decided to look for a catholic school with the hope that it would provide a top-notch education with the added religious education that we would never get in a public school. We decided on Sacred Heart after visiting the school and speaking with the principal. We've been there for over 4 years now and now have two kids attending with a third just a year away from kindergarten. We have never looked back. The school is great, everyone there from the principal, the support staff and the teachers are very supportive. I can contact my kids' teachers whenever I need to, and the same goes with the principal. They have great activities throughout the year, my favorites are the picnics, the Advent program and Global Awareness. The school is indeed a great community of educators, kids and parents all working together. We'll be here for a long time!

My son has attended Sacred Heart since Kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. My daughter is in the 1st grade and has also attended since Kindergarten. I, personally love the way the students support each other in their activities. I have never experienced any kind of bullying at this school. Both my children love their classmates. I also like the fact that learning the Spanish language is a part of the curriculum at Sacred Heart (Starting at the 4th grade). Our school principal has always given me her ear when I needed to talk to her about my children. When I had a concern about my older child, the principal investigated the matter and told me what she had found out. Her dedication to the school and the students is unparalleled. I have read the previous comments about the cell towers. A little background about cell towers. Cell towers are everywhere. The antenna on a cell tower is 50 ft. in the air. By the time the signal reaches the ground the energy is far less than the energy from your wireless network in your house. Not to mention the radios, TVs, microwaves, cell phones, cordless phones, and satellite communications, etc.

Experience a family-oriented environment focused on both academics and religious education. My children have been attending Sacred Heart since Kindergarten and have loved it every since. I appreciate the hard work of the administration and staff. We are very blessed to be part of the Sacred Heart family!

All middle school teachers are great. My 8th grade son son has always loved his experience here, but I was not too happy with the second grade teacher. I could see a difference in her and the K and 1st grade teachers and I personally thought she was a bit lazy. I'm glad I stuck it out. I was involved and my son is smart so we had a good year regardless. I hear she has changed a bit, but can't say for sure. You could not have a better K teacher to start your kid off in a school environment or a better 8th grade teacher to start your transition into high school. Yes, its stressful for parents too! The 8th grade teacher just got her PhD and is also 1 of 2 VPs here, I was concerned, but her schooling and involvement in administration does not remove anything from the kids experience. I think it actually helps.

The teachers are great and have attributed to the great education my children are receiving. Teachers care about student learning and the student all around.

The current cell tower situation is very sad and for the school leaders to not consider the tuition paying parents is unacceptable. 3 years into the investment and I am very disappointed as I moved close to the school and gave up a high salary paying job in the high desert to have my child attend and towards the mid school year of 2nd grade things changed drastically. My son no longer wanted to go to school, he complained of his teacher not helping and was also very emotional when the teacher aide left suddenly. It seems the staff is not stable as in the last 18 months there has been 3 different individuals in the finance dept. Teaches aides come and go and seems they are not open to constructive advice. Good luck communicating with the principle as I have sent numerous emails and letters by fax and mail and never received a reply. Weeks later I receive an email mentioning my voice had been heard but no solution to my concerns. Since I have pulled my child out sadly he may have to repeat the 2nd grade.

Most of the teachers of this school can be classified as rookies with less experience and rely too much on textbooks. The rest are too old to learn new tricks, meaning they should go through some seminars or continuing education to keep up with the 21st century. Check the ITBS scores, numbers don't lie. Admin are too busy raising funds for the church.

Great school and teachers...until cell tower placed near children ...without consent of parents...now our plan is ruined!! Wanted our 3 children to attend...not anymore!! No one listened to the concerns of parents and did not disclose to potential parents either!! Will not return!!

This is a good school and has even more great potential. But the fact is, there will be a cell tower built on the campus. The parents were not included in the decision of this nor informed of this prior to the proposal. Rather than collaboratively finding a solution to the situation, the parents were continuously ignored and overlooked. As an educational institution, it is important to provide for the children in their best interest. I think individuals/incoming parents coming to this site for reviews deserve to know that there is a cell tower that is planned to be built on this campus because the school, church, or diocese will not inform the parents unless asked. Everyone deserves the right to know and have the opportunity to make the decision as to what is best for their children.

Last modified Sacred Heart Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8