Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 09, 2014
With older children who graduated from the local public schools & my own attendance at a private school growing up, we decided to transfer our youngest child to UCA for Jr High. This child has done well academically but rarely enjoyed school. Since day one at UCA, he has LOVED his new school. He was welcomed & treated kindly by all. UCA not only excels academically, but provides a nurturing & supportive learning environment. We are truly impressed by the positive, disciplined, & caring learning environment provided by UCA. Our only regret is not enrolling him sooner.

Upland Christian Academy 1

Posted January 19, 2013
In the 3rdyear we began to experience bullying from another child in the classroom the bullying escalated and we reported the issues to the teacher She informed me other parents had the same issue and was being reported to the principal and administration. I monitored the situation and expected the issue would be handled appropriately but was sadly mistaken .The situation escalated to inappropriate actions that I immediately called for a meeting with the principal to have him take me through the steps the school follows in issues like this.he told me the school does not have a policy on bullying and inappropriate behavior. He refused to discuss actions that the school would take to keep my child safe. I found the parent teacher handbook and found a firm guideline on these issues. I then set a meeting with the superintendent in which he as well did not know the guidelines and told me those were to be used by their judgement He chalked this up to horseplay and my child misunderstood.I was told the school would rather minister and reform the child.The safety of my child and others children were not in the best interest,nothing has happened to the child and I am pulling my child out.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 14, 2012
My daughter was home schooled since Kindergarten. We enrolled her at UCA for her Junior year and have been overwhelmingly pleased by this decision. She is getting a great education, but more importantly, she is growing in the Lord by leaps and bounds. She is being challenged to think about why she believes what she believes and defend her faith. I attended several Christian schools growing up, which I had good experiences at, but UCA surpasses them all, particularly on a spiritual level. Not all "Christians" school are created equal, that's for sure. The teachers there have a connection with the kids, which cultivates a love of learning. I feel they are more than teaching my daguther, but mentoring her, encouraging her, and making her experience at UCA a great one. The students there are like a family. You make friends there whether you want to or not. My daughter has been involved in so many different activities from varsity volleyball, softball, choir tour, the musical and more. This year, she is vice president, overseeing the dance team and more. The experience has been so positive we have decided to enroll her sister this year, beginning her 9th grade year.

Posted June 03, 2011
3 kids at UCA over 8 years starting in Kindergarten.Competitive school academically,spiritually strong,inviting environment.Fantastic teachers have been there a long time,awesome K-8 principal&rightly motivated superintendent,small class size,pristine campus.LOVE HAVING ALL 3 ON 1 CAMPUS!Easy but more importantly,my kids delight in catching glimpses of eachother most days&each of their friends get to know their siblings so eases transitions as they move up grades.Makes for a WONDERFUL FAMILY ATMOSPHERE!Also,siblings share school pride&some school experiences.Oldest daughter finishing JH.JUNIOR HIGH IS A GEM AT THIS SCHOOL!She is heading into 8th with no major drama yet!Smaller environment helps but teachers are wonderful Christian role models &their who kids look up to hence the reason we pay for a school that shares our values.Teachers get to know your child so well as evidenced at conferences &awards ceremonies where teachers share kids' special attributes observed.Parents friendly&can be involved as much as they want to be.Blessed to have the opportunity for our kids to attend UCA&look forward to High School as many graduating got scholarships!FYI-My 3 kids give UCA 5 stars too!

Posted June 01, 2011
My son has been at UCA since preschool. The teachers are amazing. I thought I would send him to public for High School but could not do it. The High School teachers are even more amazing! The male teachers have been such positive role models for my son. They have helped him get through the tough teen years and helped him become the respectful young man that he is.

Posted March 06, 2011
My daughter is a junior at UCA (there for 11 years). I've also put 1 child through 13 years of Alta Loma schools. People always ask is, "Is it worth the money?" YES!! I would eat Ramen to keep my child at UCA. My child, a junior taking 8 advanced classes is a smart kid but still works hard to get good grades. I know she is well-prepared for college and being challenged. It is not just academics that makes me love this school. As a parent I appreciate the environment and the support. The staff cares that my child becomes a positive, well-rounded, confident, person of character in society. The teachers are dynamic and creative, and the staff builds the kids up academically and spiritually. My daughter, despite not being a club level athlete, has had the fun of participating in sports because the programs are open to athletes of all skill levels. The public schools can't get rid of bad teachers. My oldest had more bad than good in Alta Loma. At UCA the teachers are oustanding. My daughter loves her high school teachers, even with challenging classes. My granddaughter is in Kindergarten there now, and I couldn't be happier!

Upland Christian Academy 4

Posted September 18, 2010
I think this school is great! This is our first year I have a kinder and a 5th grader. My oldest made friends right away and is adjusting to a new school quite well. I don't know what the others were saying about kids and adults being "clicked Up)I'm new to this school and have found no trouble getting involved or making new friends. Networking is the only way you will get to know anyone:) The only reason I did not put 5 stars is because there is always room for improvement!Oh and the new campus is beautiful and they are planning to add more classrooms for the 2011-2012 school year.Hope this helps in your search for a school. God Bless

Upland Christian Academy 0

Posted May 05, 2010
I have been associated with them for ten years - wonderful!

Posted May 18, 2008
I am a student at Upland Christian High School and I have been there since preschool. All of my teachers throughout my years there have all been wonderful to me and have helped me to further my relationship with God and to open up more to those around me. All of my teachers have been devoted to me and my fellow students in helping us succeed in our academic careers and in making the right choices in life according to a Christian view. The teachers in high school have had an amazing impact on me through their personal lives and their work lives. As for the high school principal, she is doing a wonderful job at knowing the teachers and students. I am proud to say that in going to Upland Christian School that I have really opened myself up to God and what His will is for me.

Upland Christian Academy 3

Posted January 11, 2008
The academics are pretty good, but I'm not sure that it's worth the money overall.

Upland Christian Academy
10900 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA  91730
Last modified Upland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Upland Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top