PK-10|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school CARES about students and families and has on MORE than one occasion displayed CHRISTIAN values and kindness and love toward our family. I love Mr. Davis and Ms. Ferrari for listening and giving our situation SOLUTIONS for my student. They are a MOST AWESOME team and deserve a HUGE mocha every morning and lovely presents under the CHRISTMAS TREE this year! God BLESS HPA and those two.... It's not just the administration, the teachers know your child and some REALLY LOVE your child as proof in their heart felt words and emotions; they are more than teachers, they are BLESSINGS!! This is over and ABOVE the rigorous, top notch education.

They not only instill solid Christian character in the students, they have this AWESOME "Business Week Expo" for the 7th graders where they come up with a business, write a business plan, decide on products, learn cost/price/profit, create a logo, advertisement and execute the selling of said business for two days. What a great practical life lesson project. They start the year learning about personal finances and end with their business. It's a great group of people. My daughter loves that she carries her technology with her to class and is able to use her tablet/laptop in class.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are AWESOME and REALLY CARE!!! They make provisions for those that need more or different given special circumstances. The learning is challenging and the teachers help them accomplish all.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's a bit much cause they are soooo far advanced in their grade so it's like jr hs reading college level history papers....but hey, it develops brain power and with the harkness discussions, the kids learn both sides of all issues and how to DEFEND RIGHT thinking.

We just joined Horizon Prep this year...what an amazing experience so far. All the teachers are so professional, they genuinely care and have shown they can win the hearts and minds of our little girls. We moved from a great public school in Seattle and our girls are in the grammar and logic school, in such a short period of time we have seen a big difference... they love going to school, they are challenged and come home and ask us " why" and "how" about so many things. They quickly made friends, the other children are so sweet and well mannered. We are truly blessed to be a part of this very amazing and special school. The facilities are off the charts and the new sports teacher is a superb role model and coach for children. Go Lions!

Horizon Prep has been the best thing to happen to our family! We transferred in from the public school system and have noticed a HUGE difference in the growth and development of our kids. Our oldest went from being a good student - meeting, even exceeding, averages - to excelling far beyond grade level. The teachers at Prep work with each student individually, making the learning experience both fun and challenging! The families and students at Prep have probably been the biggest surprise/delight! Admittedly my greatest concerns were not fitting in or connecting with the other families, or seeing my children struggle to fit in and make friends. As soon as I started to meet the parents and engage in conversation, I realized my fears were misplaced. My children too were warmly welcomed and made friends quickly. These are incredible families with genuine hearts for the Lord who believe in providing their children an education that is both strong in academics and Christian values. I would highly encourage anyone looking for a quality private education to consider Horizon Prep. It may just be the perfect place for your family too!

The teachers at Horizon Prep are like no where else! They love each child as their own pouring into them knowledge, love, and character!!! I wouldn't trust any other influence on my children.

Not good with food allergies...if you have food allergies you will be denied entrance . They won't admit it but my child was denied and they still continue to ask for money from us. They just don't want to get involved. It's sad as life threatening food allergies are a hidden disability and not the child's fault. Don't waste your time or money if you are different.

I can't say I have had any of the poor experiences reported by more recent reviewers. I understand how the school feels being in a business where you are frequently unfairly reviewed. I have two kids in fourth grade and they have been there since kindergarden. They love it, we love it, and they ARE NOT behind in any subject. Their IOWA testing is done more than six months before other schools so they can make up any gaps during the course of the year. Furthermore, all grades rank above 90th percentile nationally and competitively with other local private schools. The classroom sizes are small and each teacher has an assistant. It feels like a family, to me, and I am not a big donor or potential big donor. The school has made modifications to its math program to answer complaints lodged in other reviews. As for "bullying", these parents must have a pretty loose definition of the word because it would be next to impossible given the amount of supervision and the small class sizes (there are only about 50 students per grade level).

The christian center is great, and the teachers care about the students and love them. I graduated from prep a year ago, and now going into highschool, prep didn't prepare me or my classmates well enough. The math is good, and so is the rest of the classes.

Last modified Horizon Prep is a Private school that serves grades PK-10