Rancho Santa Fe, CA
After care: No

Posted April 27, 2015
They not only instill solid Christian character in the students, they have this AWESOME "Business Week Expo" for the 7th graders where they come up with a business, write a business plan, decide on products, learn cost/price/profit, create a logo, advertisement and execute the selling of said business for two days. What a great practical life lesson project. They start the year learning about personal finances and end with their business. It's a great group of people. My daughter loves that she carries her technology with her to class and is able to use her tablet/laptop in class.

Posted April 20, 2015
Horizon Prep has been the best thing to happen to our family! We transferred in from the public school system and have noticed a HUGE difference in the growth and development of our kids. Our oldest went from being a good student - meeting, even exceeding, averages - to excelling far beyond grade level. The teachers at Prep work with each student individually, making the learning experience both fun and challenging! The families and students at Prep have probably been the biggest surprise/delight! Admittedly my greatest concerns were not fitting in or connecting with the other families, or seeing my children struggle to fit in and make friends. As soon as I started to meet the parents and engage in conversation, I realized my fears were misplaced. My children too were warmly welcomed and made friends quickly. These are incredible families with genuine hearts for the Lord who believe in providing their children an education that is both strong in academics and Christian values. I would highly encourage anyone looking for a quality private education to consider Horizon Prep. It may just be the perfect place for your family too!

Posted June 22, 2014
The teachers at Horizon Prep are like no where else! They love each child as their own pouring into them knowledge, love, and character!!! I wouldn't trust any other influence on my children.

Horizon Prep 1

Posted May 01, 2014
Not good with food allergies...if you have food allergies you will be denied entrance . They won't admit it but my child was denied and they still continue to ask for money from us. They just don't want to get involved. It's sad as life threatening food allergies are a hidden disability and not the child's fault. Don't waste your time or money if you are different.

Posted November 24, 2013
I can't say I have had any of the poor experiences reported by more recent reviewers. I understand how the school feels being in a business where you are frequently unfairly reviewed. I have two kids in fourth grade and they have been there since kindergarden. They love it, we love it, and they ARE NOT behind in any subject. Their IOWA testing is done more than six months before other schools so they can make up any gaps during the course of the year. Furthermore, all grades rank above 90th percentile nationally and competitively with other local private schools. The classroom sizes are small and each teacher has an assistant. It feels like a family, to me, and I am not a big donor or potential big donor. The school has made modifications to its math program to answer complaints lodged in other reviews. As for "bullying", these parents must have a pretty loose definition of the word because it would be next to impossible given the amount of supervision and the small class sizes (there are only about 50 students per grade level).

Horizon Prep 3

Posted September 04, 2013
The christian center is great, and the teachers care about the students and love them. I graduated from prep a year ago, and now going into highschool, prep didn't prepare me or my classmates well enough. The math is good, and so is the rest of the classes.

Posted April 03, 2013
Horizon Prep has been a wonderful, Christ centered and academically strong choice for both of our kids. We have been at the school for over 9 years, and it continues to improve each year. The teachers are all degreed (many have Masters) and they truly care about each student. The Headmaster, Dr. K, is a very capable leader and has a strong leadership team surrounding him. With the High School opening this next year we are looking forward to staying at HP through 12th grade. What you see is what you get, a community based around Scripture that loves, nurtures and develops our kids to reach their full potential.

Posted December 09, 2012
We have an 8th Grader who has been here since Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st - 8th Grade. (11 wonderful years!) Every single day has been a blessing. The kids, the teachers, the staff, the families, the activities, the sports, the new campus, the loving environment, the Christian focus, and the education have all been outstanding. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who is even remotely considering Horizon Prep. You will be thrilled with the growth and development of the most important person in your life. Confident that you did the very best you could to develop them academically, spiritually, emotionally, athletically and socially into a fine young person. I hear it all the time from families who are there how happy they are, and from those who graduate, how much they miss the special place that Horizon is. Don't take my word for it, ask my 8th Grader who is now 14 (and teenagers don't like anything...) I ask all the time: "How do you rate your school from 1 to 10?" The answer is always: "10 out of 10!"

Posted November 23, 2012
Both of our kids graduated from Middle School from Horizon Prep Rancho Santa Fe. Our kids are exceling in High School and are well prepared for college as a result of the terrific education and mentoring they received. Reading the reviews I find it troubling that a small handful of dissatisfied parents have decided to vent their frustration by trying to damage the reputation of a terrific school and highly trained, capable on loving educators. I strongly recommend Horizon Prep to parents who want what is best for their children.

Posted July 31, 2012
My kids have been at Horizon Prep since pre-school. One graduated a year ago and is now in High School, the other is entering Middle School at HP. One of my children is accelerated academically and the other has several learning disabilities. BOTH of my kid's learning needs have been met by the accomplished teaching staff at HP. Even more importantly, both of my children love to learn and feel successful as students. With Christ at the center of the school, the kids are taught moral foundations that are biblically based and encouraged to take these foundations out into the world. The Head Master at HP is a tremendous leader who cares about his students and their families. I have always found the Administration at HP to be accessible and open to feedback and discussion. They are truly invested in the academic success and happiness of each and every student. My husband and I have been exceedingly happy over the past 7 years with Horizon Prep.

Horizon Prep