Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Posted June 06, 2014
AMAZING RESULTS!!!! We have two girls (5 & 6) in this school for 3 years now. The results are simple: comparing them to any kids of the same age, our kids are much further ahead. Our 6 year old is reading 3rd grade level. Our 5 year has 100% mastered cursive writing and is starting to read sentences. We do NOT have "High IQ" kids. They were just given the tools needed by this school. The staff is VERY very good. The director of the school is simple. She is like a 2nd Mom to each of the kids there and truly cares. She expects people to pay on time and bring the kids to school, they handle the rest. Any extra reading at home surely helps as well. For us, I am incredibly happy with the results of our two girls. They also enroll in Piano, Yoga for kids, Dance, computer/Ipad classes and Art lessons. All at the school. I read a 1 star review and I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion. I guess you get out of the school what you put into your kids. Bottom line is our kids are well developed thanks to this school.

Posted November 12, 2013
My daughter attends this school for the past 2 years and they teach reading and math and life skills. We are happy she even learned piano from this school.

R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2013
My review is based on two years at this school. First year, my expectations were different since my child was younger. I was happy that the teachers were nice and the place was safe. The following year, I started asking more questions since I am an experienced mom and had more expectations. Things went downhill fast. My questions all had to be directed to the owner and unfortunately she has forgotten how to respectfully deal with customers. Highly emotional, rude and short with parents. I wish I could have avoided her and just dealt with the teachers but they are not empowered to make any decisions. Questions regarding your child s progress, schedule change, moving to another class, mandatory fundraising, fees, etc. have to go through the owner. Whatever point she may have gets lost in her crabbiness and in her it is my way or the highway attitude. Thankfully the area has many choices for pre-school. I happily gave my 30 days-notice to move to a better pre-school and one that is more accommodating.

Posted May 16, 2013
We have eleven Montessori Certified teachers employed. Two of these teachers have been here for 19 of our 21 years. Three of these teachers have been here for 15 of our 21 years and three others have been here 13 years. Our newest teacher has been here for three years. As you can see, we do not have turn-over. We do not employ aids. The Elementary teacher has been here for all 21 years. Our Alumni students keep in touch with us often. We have received 6 announcements of University graduations from Alumni students. Three Alumni students have returned here to do their student teaching in our Elementary class after graduating from college with a Teaching Credential. I am very proud of our school. Please plan to visit our school. You will see that we are a Montessori school that has always allowed each child to reach their highest potential while also learning to be compassionate, ladies and gentlemen who will do very well in life.

Posted April 23, 2013
We have had a positive experience at RSM Montessori. The teachers actually teach the children and not not just babysitters. I am proud that my child actually will be prepared for first grade in the fall. The school offers a full day program which is a plus for working parents. Newsletters were sent home monthly to let parents know about the month's activities. The field trips were fun. It was nice getting to meet and socialize with parents outside the school at birthday parties. Mrs. Ann is the greatest and has helped families who needed it most. This school has been worth the money each money and we thank you RSM Montessori for being apart of our lives.

Posted November 14, 2012
I have been a teacher at RSM Montessori for 10 years. Our teachers here have very warm hearts and teach their students as if they were their own children. We all work hard to make our school a second home for our students. The school's Director is such a nice and warm-heart person. She has helped numerous families during their financial difficulty periods by being flexible so that their children could continue their education at our Montessori school without interruption. This is one of our proud trade marks of our school - the human touch. Personally, I do not feel that the opinions of one or two unsatisfied parents can accurately represent the school's proven success. Over the years hundreds of families graduate from the RSM Montessori program feeling more than happy about the excellent quality of their children's early education here. We always have alumni visiting!

R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School 2

Posted October 26, 2012
We were there for two years. The first year was good. Second year was extremely disappointing. Some of the teachers are more baby sitters. My child was 4 years old so I wanted a Montessori pre-school experience. The two teachers my child had were both poor. Specifically, my child did not like school work. I asked the teachers what I can do. First teacher said I do not know. Second teacher said she will send me homework to do at home. I knew that was not the right answer. What ever happened to making learning fun or finding ways to motivate a toddler? My child also said the principal is always mad at his teacher. When I asked why he said because my teacher doesn t know anything. He said it several times so I knew he was not making it up. I also heard the principal tell one of the toddlers misbehaving that if he does not behave he will have to go to another pre-school . I thought the comment was highly inappropriate and ineffective in disciplining a child. Interestingly enough when I gave notice to transfer to another school, one of the teachers told me she did not blame me for leaving. She said I was paying too much money for babysitting. Ouch!

Posted August 04, 2012
In response to last review; I am questioning if this was written by a parent of a student at RSM Montessori School. There are no "aides" on the staff. Their teachers have all been employed at the school for many years. I receive a monthly newsletter with important reminders (field trips, picture dates) as well as seeing them posted on doors, walls and friendly verbal reminders from the teachers when I pick my children up. The school encourages healthy packed lunches and offers a "hot lunch" as a convenience (needed occasionally) or treat. The teachers requested that parents limit the amount of times we send in a "warm-up" to 1 or 2 times a week. We chose to send our children to a Montessori School for the education they would be receiving, not the lunches - but pizza once a week is something they look forward to! The school offers 10 and 12 month tuition programs and announces the graduation time a year in advance. I really think the last review was from someone who doesn't feel that Montessori is a valuable gift you can provide for your child, or maybe they just don't want to pay for it! It is a shame people use these reviews inappropriately. We love RSM Montessori!

R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2012
Family business - no checks and balances. Decisions made solely for the benefit of school. Biggest problem is HIGH teacher turnover which they are replacing with unqualified aides that they can pay less. - Increase tuition by 4% every year and Registration by 20% every year - $325 regardless if you are a new or returning student. - Full day Kinder program is misleading. The teacher is there for only 3 hours while the rest of the time is spent with an aide - Desperate for enrollment. For Kinder, graduation is end of August instead of school year. If your child is not enrolled July and August, your child cannot attend graduation. Really a shame to miss on a milestone because school is trying to squeeze more tuition from parents. - Meal choices are limited. No kitchen and food they provide is frozen microwave lunches for $3. Only allow room temperature food from home. Teachers told me they are understaffed and cannot heat food. - Poor communication. Reminders (ex. field trip) made by posting signs on door or teachers tell you as you are picking up your child. By the time I got in my car, I already forgot the reminder. Need to use email to communicate with parents - Facility is rundown

Posted August 09, 2011
My 5 year old has been going to this school since she was 3 years old, and my 3 year also goes to RSM Montessori. Before we chose this school over 2 years ago, I visited several schools. I wanted a school that not only provided a excellent education for my kids, but also a nurturing and loving environment. I definitely found it at RSM Montessori!!! I could not be any happier with the school. First, Ms Anne the director, is amazing. Ms Anne is extremely educated in the Montessori way. She is warm, caring and very loving to all the children and parents. She is always their and very hands on! The teachers and staff are the best!!!!! The school is very clean and the set up is ideal. The playground is packed with fun for the kids. My girls have learned so much at this school! My daughter started to read simple books at age 4. My girls love coming to school. It's a priceless feeling to know that your kids are safe, happy, loved, and learning beyond expectations. Highly recommend this school.

R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School
30075 Comercio, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-1
R. S. M. Montessori Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top