Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 02, 2015
You want a private setting, excellent teachers,and a top-notch administration? I thought I would get this in the Private Sector! Alarming to find out the teachers were under-qualified, the administration thought only about my dollars, and my child was unsupported, when only 12 children in the class. Leaving was hard, but arriving and being at Tijeras Creek has left all those memories and misinformation behind. Here my child has been educated, taught to be a fine scholar, and many of the aspects of what "great character" is really about! There is no "bad" teacher here, there are no "bad" moments here, and we are all a family, pitching in where needed. To the Principal's credit, she has amazing grace. She's everywhere, doing everything , and she's a pleasure to assist. Simply put, I'm one satisfied parent! Mrs C. Diemer

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 02, 2015
I've loved every teacher at this school yet one teacher taught my child something incredible. To be organized and responsible for his own work, Mr Stanley, thank you. My son came home at the beginning of 4th grade and said," Mum, you can step back now, Mr Stanley said we need to be responsible for doing our own work, getting it to school, and organizing the work through the week". I was so shocked.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 02, 2015
Best teachers I've met, And I'm a 61 year old parent of a 10 year old.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 02, 2015
As a parent of a child with mild disabilities, I can see that he can handle all that is given to him. He is taught to take responsibility for his own work, and I have learned to step back, let him earn/or not earn, his grades.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
The teachers are swift to command respect but in a strong and caring manner. There is a molding, crafting and shaping that the teacher does based on each child's needs. After a week, I think it's fair to say that this seasoned team can see what those behaviors are that may interfere with their future hopes. The curriculum slides in and behaviors are tempered with kindness and authority.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
From the moment a student steps on to the campus at Tijeras Creek Elementary,(pre-school,TK, and Kindergarten), morals, values, ideas, and attitudes are cultured. The "big picture" of what a good scholar must behave like is addressed with love, care and events.No scholar can escape the tremendous effort that everyone puts in to each and every child. Each child is taught to "go big", live the dream, and to have good friends, you must be a good friend.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
It starts at the top, doesn't it? From Mrs Buckingham, who works so hard addressing honesty, integrity and fairness for all, to the administration, who are dedicated to the teachers, the parents and the community at large, we are all part of a team. We want our children to understand scholarly attributes, and this school teaches them daily. Everything is addressed WHEN it happens, every child gets positive attention, regardless of their challenging behaviors. This team of teachers are a credit to their profession, no, the idea of great teachers has not died at Tijeras Creek, they exude it!

Tijeras Creek Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2014
The education at this school seems to be adequate, plus some. But the whole school is geared around raising money for something, everything! More teacher aides, science guy, who by the way is not even credentialed nor does he have a degree, etc. Auctions show the kids that the parent that has the most money to write a check wins....whatever the prize (lunch with a teacher, surf lessons with the principal, special parking spaces or front row seats for school programs) in other words, the kids do not have to earn anything to get these perks.....it all is on the mom's checkbook. I am a grandparent and I feel this attitude of the principal and PTA is teaching the children a upside view of life....And in ;the meantime, no money is spent on adding to the security of the school which has no lockable gates and no complete fencing surrounding the school for safety. I disagree with the whole philosophy of the principal. The PTA does whatever the principal wants and buys whatever she wants, There needs to be more separation of the two.

Posted April 16, 2014
Tijeras Creek Elementary is a wonderful school with a vibrant, intelligent principal and outstandingly smart, hard working teachers and staff. I have three amazing kids, one in kindergarten, one in first grade and another in second grade. My children enjoy going to school daily not only to see their friends but also because the principal, teachers and staff always treat them with care and respect. As a mother of a Type 1 diabetic child it is very hard to leave them in the care of others because Type 1 diabetes is a full time job. At Tijeras Creek my child is well taken care of and is known by each and every staff member at the school. Every staff member has been well trained about what to do in case of any emergency that may arise with my child. We have the most amazing nurse who takes outstanding care of not only my child but every child at this school. Knowing that the principal and the nurse have made every effort to ensure the safety of my child no matter what the circumstance has relieved many of my concerns and lets my child feel like just another scholar at Tijeras Creek. I highly recommend this school!

Posted September 26, 2013
We moved to Tijeras Creek in 2010 with a kinder, 2nd and 3rd grader. We were all nervous to start a new school, but were quickly put at ease as each child was welcomed as scholars. The pride of being a TC scholar is evident not only in the children but also in the teaching staff and admin. Every adult at TC works hard for the kids' education. TC has a strong PTA that is committed to enriching the children's educational experiences. Team Tijeras is really taken to the heart as the admin, the teachers and staff and the parents all work together to provide a quality educational environment for the kids. We are very blessed to be a part of Tijeras Creek!

23072 Avenida Empresa, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Tijeras Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.