Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Posted June 23, 2014
My child has been here since 2nd grade. All of his teachers have been really great. They truly care about their students, from what I gave personally seen. My child is scoring very high on his tests and really enjoys attending this great school! PTA participation is high and parents are actively involved in their kids classrooms.

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2013
We have been at this school for a few years now. We were very happy in K and our happiness began to drop off in 1st grade. This year we have a teacher that is just punching a time card, she is a very cold person who does not have the kids' best interest at heart. The principal is just ok he isn't willing to go out on a limb for anything, he takes the safe way always. If you have a child who is a middle of the road student they will probably do fine here, but if you have a child with any sort of learning disability and you can do much better. We will not be returning next year.

Posted February 12, 2013
I have two children that attend this school now and have since kindergarten. Starting with Mrs. Buxton - the sweetest woman on this planet, then Mr. Henry - the funniest teacher ever and very good with the kids. Both kids learned a LOT from him! to Mr Kutcomp - very patient and nice to the kids. Very hands-On. To Ms. Kelly - Amazing control of the kids along with love and caring. To Mrs. Holden - SUPER sweet and very loving with the kids. Every child wants her as their teacher because she's so nice. VERY good at helping the kids and helping them learn. To good 'ol Mr. Brooks! They say that "The pace of the leader is the pace of the pack!" - It's no wonder this school is so amazing with Mr. Brooks heading it up! I can't tell you how HAPPY I am to drop off my kids every day knowing that they are getting the best education they can get. LOVE this school. I have been a parent helper and have wittnessed these teachers first-hand! I am one proud Dad that my kids go to this school! THANK YOU to EVERYONE that works at this school! You've ALL been amazing!!! May God richly bless every single one of you! Thanks again!

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2011
This is our 4th year at Arroyo Vista, I have 2 kids that go there. I haven't had any negative experiences with teachers, only good. I feel like each teacher I've known is sincerely interested in helping the kids learn, while also helping them build good character, respect others, and be responsible. The principal is awesome too- every time I see him, he's interacting with students with a smile on his face. I'd say he is friendly, approachable, and dedicated. Also, so many parents are involved to help the school function, raise funds, and do whatever we can to make it a good learning environment. There isn't a regular librarian, so parent volunteers help with that. Parent volunteers organizing amazing school plays each year...it's a huge production, but the parents are always willing! Other things I like: there's a school beautification day each year where volunteers help out, there's a care and share day each month to donate food & baby items to charity programs, there's a big buddy program which my kids love- for older kids to help younger kids. The budget cuts could have a major negative effect, but due to great principal, teachers, and parents, the school is great.

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
It has a sense of community. Has a great principal that emphasizes academics as well as maintaining a balance in life.

Posted October 18, 2009

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2009

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
Arroyo Vista is a fantastic school. Very caring and hardworking teachers who make each student thrive. The administration is VERY approachable and have the student's best interests at heart. And the parent involvement is top notch. Very welcoming when we were new to the area.

Posted March 07, 2009
I have two children at Arroyo Vista and it is a wonderful school. My children have thrived and done very well. The teachers and the administration really take an interest in the children!

Arroyo Vista Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2009
My child to date has had a wonderful experience and overall the school is very good, I do however feel the school needs more extracurricular school activities. The teachers and administrators are also very very good, but there are a few that have earned their negative reputations. A good word of advice for parents is to not dismiss what you hear as being that of unhappy parents and problem students. The school is small and volunteerism is strong so information both good and bad easily circulates throughout the faculty, students and community. Ask parents and children what teachers they recommend and who they don t and you ll start to see a clear pattern of who to avoid the same is true for administrators.

Arroyo Vista Elementary School
23371 Arroyo Vista, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Arroyo Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top