Posted May 06, 2014
I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst schools I have ever been to. The third/second grade teachers where so disrespectful to some students that it made me pull my kids right out. One child of mine is now a grade behind in math from not being taught the correct way. Once a teacher has sworn at a child and told them not to share their own religious beliefs on campus. Never returning to that school.

Posted July 09, 2013
LFES has a great staff who really care about teaching the students. We have attended for many years and liked every teacher. The principal Mrs. Tamaki is very friendly and enthusiastic. The rest of the staff are great too.

Posted August 09, 2012
Las Flores Elementary is one of the best elementary schools. I have never in my own 6 years at Las Flores ever felt bullied or bored. Everyday had something new in store. My teachers always supported whatever I did. We always had many parents helping out around class. The campus was always beautiful and the activities were always fun and educational. Las Flores Elementary School is an amazing place to enroll any student.

Posted January 17, 2012
This is NOT a good school to send your child to. My daughter had a terrible time here, so bad we were forced to move her to a different school. She was undeniably depressed, her teacher continued to cross the line with her and she has never been like that at any other school before. The teachers are allowed to pick on the kids and ridicule them and the bullying at this school is out of control. I would not let my child attend school here.

Posted December 28, 2011
There is a lot of peer, parent, and community pressure for the students to excel academically. Most of the parents in the community are college educated professionals who expect high academic performance from their children. There are homework clubs, parents who assist in the formation of study groups, and field trips to science and arts related destinations. The LFES facility is clean and maintained; the classrooms are bright and cheerful, and the students appear engaged, socialized, and happy. In the mornings there are dozens of moms escorting their children to the line up area, many of whom stay around to chat and socialize and also help out in the classrooms. The teachers are responsive and connected via an internet/email service to parents so any academic or behavioral issues are addressed quickly. Overall, the school is a positive environment - very community oriented, and a real asset to the Las Flores community.

Posted May 17, 2011
Not sure what the previous reviewers were referring to but Las Flores Elementary School is a very relaxed campus with parents checking in and volunteering everywhere - Bullying, are you kidding? I have two, going on three kids at Las Flores Elementary and Middle and they never complain. They have made friends with other kids some of whom they see on their soccer and neighborhood swim teams. There's a commendable academic and extracurricular partnership between the LFES, LFMS, and Tesoro High School with kids from the HS serving as peers and coaches for activities such as drama, dance, music, and sports. This is a great asset. Finally, since it is a neighborhood school serving only Las Flores, everyone sort of knows everyone else from play dates, preschool, and block parties.

Posted May 12, 2011
Unless you are filthy rich, do not send your child here. They will be judged and tormented. The bullying is out of control and neither the teachers nor the principal do anything about it. My student was depressed on a daily basis attending school here. Kids seem to be more focused on the way they dress and who has what rather than focusing on education. My child was picked on daily and after several attempts to get help from the school, they only made the problem worse. School should be a fun learning environment not a nightmare.

Las Flores Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
Las Flores Elementary School was definitely better a few years ago. We do have some outstanding teachers but there are a few bad apples who do not treat the students and/or parents with respect. Considering that the teachers need to do more with less in the current economic climate, overall I have been satisfied with my children's education.

Las Flores Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2011
Was an okay transition from private school. Our kids previously attended private school. We were forced to try public this past year when my husband lost his job. We do miss the Christian influence and character building. As well as the close relationship with faculity. But, until he gets back on his feet we are pleasantly pleased. Parent involvement has been a necessity.

Posted February 12, 2010
We love the positive environment Las Flores has to offer! The staggered day kindergarten classes allow each teacher to teach in her own classroom which enables small group instruction for more than half of the instructional day!

Las Flores Elementary School
25862 Antonio Parkway, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Las Flores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Flores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.