Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Posted June 18, 2014
Cielo VIsta is a gem. I have two daughters that have attended here for two years. Absolutely love this school. The teachers have been excellent. They have really gotten to know my kids and all their abilities and have given them great opportunities in learning and excelling. The office staff are kind and go out of their way to help. I've been part of the PTA for two years, on the PTA Board for one year and participated on Site Council for one year, and room mom for two years. All of my experience at this school has always shown me how dedicated, caring, involved and positive people are at this school. It is a supportive environment. The teachers are able to address the special need students on both ends of the spectrum... with excellence. The projects that my daughters have had the opportunity to work on have allowed such creativity and fun while learning. Both have been awarded many times for her high achievement and character traits. And I have neighbors who have kids that need extra help and they have wonderful resources and attention here. It is the type of school environment that you will be so thankful for. The kids are great here too. My kids have found true friends.

Posted April 18, 2014
Living in RSM, several parents had told me that I should enroll my daughter in another elementary school, due to this schools low performance in test scores & Title 1 status. After 8 months in Cielo Vista's Kindergarten class, I have only seen positive influence from the Principle, teachers & staff. They have an amazing computer lab, a dedicated librarian and they even supply Smartboards in the classrooms! My daughter enjoys the school tremendously! It is true, there is a lower socio-economic balance (Which was the main worry of most parents here), but the point of the school is for the students to receive a great education & I believe diversity should always be encouraged. Currently, some students do not have parents or relatives available to help them keep up with their school work & some do not speak English. These Kindergarten children come in learning their letters & numbers for the 1st time, but the teachers perform an excellent job of managing the class. The children who are proficient in reading, writing & mathematics are encouraged to do more & are not held back. It is Parental/Guardian participation in their child's continued education that is the issue, not the schools.

Cielo Vista Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2013
My daughter transitioned from Tutortime Kinder to Cielo Vista last year, and is about to go into 2nd grade in a few months. My 5 yr old will also be starting Kinder here. I cant say that I have any complaints about this school. My daughter is a total drama queen, and has her moments of needing to be disciplined, but the staff is great with this. I've been kept up to date on everything going on, and always get progress reports when requested. My daughter isn't an angel, FAR FROM IT! But I can honestly say she is getting a great education from this school. I look forward to having my son here in the next few months. I would highly recommend this school! As far as the office staff...everyone has their days! But I have yet to see the principal act rude, or give me any type of attitude. I can't say so much about the office staff, because they do make unnecessary comments. If there was a rating for the office staff it would be a negative star. I have caught a few of the ladies making rude comments in Spanish thinking that nobody understands them. With that said, I like this school, the teachers, and the principal!

Posted January 10, 2013
Cielo Vista is an amazing school! The principal, teacher and office staff are very supportive and accommodating to all students, parents and visitors. it is interesting that the only 1 star I read isn't a parent that attends the school. If she were a parent who has a child at the school, she would know how much positive energy is in the school. My children have been attending CV for the past 3 years and the education is phenomenal. CV has a full time computer lab with 2 outstanding full time teachers who don't just sit there, but instruct K - 6 on computer skills. There are many different programs that struggling to GATE students obtain. My children are getting a better education at CV than a private school. I have not seen one rude or "bad" teacher or office staff especially the office manager at CV. Yes, the class sizes are not like they use to be with budget cuts, however, the teachers have not let this affect the quality of the education that my children receive. Thank you Dr. Peterson for your quality leadership and to all the teachers and staff at Cielo Vista!!!

Cielo Vista Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2012
the offece manager at this school is very rude i went in to pick up my girlfriends son granted i was 5 minutes late and this was my first time picking him up she jumped right on me giving me a lecture like i was one of the students there i tried explaining myself and she just walked into her office telling me she doesnt care i think in my personal oppinion i wouldn't want my child going to this school with this lady with her attitude

Cielo Vista Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2012
We are new to this school and school district, coming from Capo. After reading the reviews on how great this school was, we decided to move to this area. I have to say, after the back to school night, being herded into the auditorium for the 6th grade back to school, we didn't even get a chance to meet the teacher one on one to introduce ourselves. Then went on to meet our daughters 4th grade teacher, she went on to say how long she had been teaching and about her credentials and how well she prepared her students from 3rd grade to now 4th grade then went on to say how unprepared many students where that where coming from other schools. I found that to be extremely arrogant on her part. My daughter was an accelrated reader in her 3rd grade class and above average in her studies, both our children are. Her class room lacked any kind of character to encourage students to want to learn, the class room sizes are out of control, over 30 students per class? I'm not impressed with the teachers and the lack of "one on one" between teachers and students. It seems as though the students are just lost in the shuffle.

Cielo Vista Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2012
My kids have been at Cielo Vista for two years now and we are extremely happy. They do an amazing job of meeting the needs of all of the students. I have one GATE child and one that needs a little more help, and the teachers at CV have adapted for both of them beautifully. We love Cielo Vista.

Posted January 10, 2012
Great school with amazing teachers and the best principal out there. They really care about helping kids learn and use creative approaches for all levels of learning. Does have an active GATE cluster group. Student Council and PAL for kids to be apart of. C.V. has smartboards in all classrooms, and new computers in the computer lab with excellent teachers in the computer lab who are a source of knowledge on educational, fun websites for kids. PTA supports Meet the Masters art program and funds for the librarians. Accelerated Reader program and Study Island are great programs the school uses. Upper grades do an amazing job preparing the kids for jr. high (check w/ RSM intermediate school to see their take on the different elementary schools and how their kids come prepared for jr. high). The Principal is very friendly and cares for the students. Don't write off C.V. because of it being a Title 1 school. Look into how the extra fund are being used to impact all students attending C.V. Again Great school!

Posted January 10, 2012
Cielo Vista is an excellent elementary school. All three of my children attended this school and were more than prepared for junior high. The staff is top notch, the children are dedicated and our current principal, Dr. Peterson is very hands-on and making positive improvements to Cielo Vista every day! I encourage you to check out this school and even make an appointment to speak with Dr. Peterson about your child's future at Cielo Vista. You will be impressed!

Posted January 10, 2012
So many great programs for kids. PAL, Student Council, PTA, and amazing staff and principal. Currently using SMART Boards in conjunction with iPads & iTouches.

Cielo Vista Elementary School
21811 Avenida De Los Fundadores, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Cielo Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cielo Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top