Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I love Trabuco mesa. I attended TM in 1991 and 1992 from fifth and sixth grade myself. Now both of my children attend. Some of the same staff still teach there. All the teachers I've encountered are very straight forward, thorough and organized. Mrs. Mc Grew is wonderful, knowledgeable, attentive and professional. Trabuco Mesa has a Gate program as well. No school is perfect though. Parking lot is chaotic at times. I would suggest more staff outside during pick ups and drop off to assure smoother transitions.

My Daughter loves her school and it's close to home. I like how the campus is next to a park. Campus is well kept and she likes her teacher.

Develops character: Neutral

I am not a parent nor long relationship with school to answer this fairly. My role at this school was not as a parent.

This school is wonderful! The teachers and staff care for the children and their learning. The children are friendly. PTA is very involved. The school does offer music for 5th and 6th grades. There are lots of activities throughout the year. Campus is beautiful. Also, Mr. Roberts is an excellent educator/teacher. Highly recommend Trabuco Mesa Elementary. We'll miss it there. My only recommendation to the school would be shade covers on the playground.

This is our families last year at Trabuco Mesa, as our youngest is promoting. We feel truly blessed by the amazing teachers, staff, and leadership at this school! Thank you for the excellent education you have provided to our family. We will always shine with Bulldog Pride!

Please make sure to advocate for your child if you have concerns from their test grades in class and STAR testing results! Legally any requests for testing your child for developmental concerns has to be completed within 90 days. I have learned that children aren't looked upon as having problems until they are two or more grade levels behind. Unfortunately, with the cheating scandal which ensued in NorCal this year, delayed our STAR testing results and are of no use if there are any learning concerns now that the school year has started. I was extremely concerned about my sons Math and English test scores over the last 2 years. Assured by teachers he was fine. Come to find out he tests two grades below where he should be and is going into 7th grade this year. How is that acceptable? Unfortunately our children are suffering from the budget cuts and I will be keeping a close eye on my 4th grader because I'm not thrilled with the teacher he was assigned this year.

My son has completed 1.5 years at this school. He started 1st grade for the spring Semester and had Mrs. Walloch as a teacher. She was absolutely wonderful. She helped my son adjust to the new class really well, and encouraged the children in her class to try harder than they were. For second grade my son had Mrs. Kuritzky. She was new to the school. Unfortunately she and I did not see eye to eye on the academic expectations I have for my son. She relied too much on parent volunteers, too scatter brained and barely taught the minimum. During the parent teacher conference she didn't even have a grade book to show me how my son was doing. She didn't even require the students to do a research project. The book reports are NOT book reports, but are just simple questions that can be answered in one sentence. Her lack of communication with the parents was insane. Her main excuse for things was "what do you expect, they're only in second grade". What do I expect? I expect my son to be challenged, and for a teacher to actually teach. Needless to say I was EXTREMELY disappointed with her as a teacher. All I can do now is pray that my son has an amazing third grade teacher.

Teachers are excellent and very dedicated to their students. Too bad that cannot be said of the principal. Children who learn and look differently are being pushed out of this school, and no one questions what is going on or why it's happening. This school is going downhill fast. Where is the principal? She's hiding in her office.

Just simply I can say the tearchers , principal and their stuffs are wonderfull . Because I join last year and they are so cooparetive with me and my son I am just happy with them.

Trabuco Mesa was an excellent 5 star school under the tenure leadership of Mrs Westmoreland, who was an anchor to the teachers and students, She instilled fairness and equity, The new principle is more like a sarcastic weight who belittles when children ask for direction, report injustices ,or who are unique in their own ways. There is also favortism by some teachers & principle in "attitudes" portrayed which isnt a good example from adults..there is some out of control bulling & profanity circling w/ very little discipline to halt it. If the new principle only had the vision to see how she truly could make a difference in the lives of all our children by leading by a Godly , Good and positive example. There are many good teachers at Trabuco Mesa and great kids, yet the spirit of the campus has changed..The school was always positive prior with my children there for several years, the new princile seems to care more about being right and being liked than truly leading, The school has slipped from a 5 star rating to a 3 ...One of the best features of Trabuco Mesa is the after school TLC program led by a very excellent staff witht great supervision and excellent leadership !.

Last modified Trabuco Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.