Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is wonderful! The teachers and staff care for the children and their learning. The children are friendly. PTA is very involved. The school does offer music for 5th and 6th grades. There are lots of activities throughout the year. Campus is beautiful. Also, Mr. Roberts is an excellent educator/teacher. Highly recommend Trabuco Mesa Elementary. We'll miss it there. My only recommendation to the school would be shade covers on the playground.

Posted June 18, 2014
This is our families last year at Trabuco Mesa, as our youngest is promoting. We feel truly blessed by the amazing teachers, staff, and leadership at this school! Thank you for the excellent education you have provided to our family. We will always shine with Bulldog Pride!

Posted September 05, 2012
Please make sure to advocate for your child if you have concerns from their test grades in class and STAR testing results! Legally any requests for testing your child for developmental concerns has to be completed within 90 days. I have learned that children aren't looked upon as having problems until they are two or more grade levels behind. Unfortunately, with the cheating scandal which ensued in NorCal this year, delayed our STAR testing results and are of no use if there are any learning concerns now that the school year has started. I was extremely concerned about my sons Math and English test scores over the last 2 years. Assured by teachers he was fine. Come to find out he tests two grades below where he should be and is going into 7th grade this year. How is that acceptable? Unfortunately our children are suffering from the budget cuts and I will be keeping a close eye on my 4th grader because I'm not thrilled with the teacher he was assigned this year.

Posted June 15, 2012
My son has completed 1.5 years at this school. He started 1st grade for the spring Semester and had Mrs. Walloch as a teacher. She was absolutely wonderful. She helped my son adjust to the new class really well, and encouraged the children in her class to try harder than they were. For second grade my son had Mrs. Kuritzky. She was new to the school. Unfortunately she and I did not see eye to eye on the academic expectations I have for my son. She relied too much on parent volunteers, too scatter brained and barely taught the minimum. During the parent teacher conference she didn't even have a grade book to show me how my son was doing. She didn't even require the students to do a research project. The book reports are NOT book reports, but are just simple questions that can be answered in one sentence. Her lack of communication with the parents was insane. Her main excuse for things was "what do you expect, they're only in second grade". What do I expect? I expect my son to be challenged, and for a teacher to actually teach. Needless to say I was EXTREMELY disappointed with her as a teacher. All I can do now is pray that my son has an amazing third grade teacher.

Trabuco Mesa Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2011
Teachers are excellent and very dedicated to their students. Too bad that cannot be said of the principal. Children who learn and look differently are being pushed out of this school, and no one questions what is going on or why it's happening. This school is going downhill fast. Where is the principal? She's hiding in her office.

Trabuco Mesa Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2011
Just simply I can say the tearchers , principal and their stuffs are wonderfull . Because I join last year and they are so cooparetive with me and my son I am just happy with them.

Posted July 14, 2011
Trabuco Mesa was an excellent 5 star school under the tenure leadership of Mrs Westmoreland, who was an anchor to the teachers and students, She instilled fairness and equity, The new principle is more like a sarcastic weight who belittles when children ask for direction, report injustices ,or who are unique in their own ways. There is also favortism by some teachers & principle in "attitudes" portrayed which isnt a good example from adults..there is some out of control bulling & profanity circling w/ very little discipline to halt it. If the new principle only had the vision to see how she truly could make a difference in the lives of all our children by leading by a Godly , Good and positive example. There are many good teachers at Trabuco Mesa and great kids, yet the spirit of the campus has changed..The school was always positive prior with my children there for several years, the new princile seems to care more about being right and being liked than truly leading, The school has slipped from a 5 star rating to a 3 ...One of the best features of Trabuco Mesa is the after school TLC program led by a very excellent staff witht great supervision and excellent leadership !.

Posted May 30, 2011
My children have been to 4 elementary schools in the district over the years, and Trabuco Mesa is by far one of the best. Mrs. McGrew is wonderful and very involved in every aspect of the school. To the person who posted the negative comment in March 2011, sorry, but your kids need to be able to pass standardized tests and learn basic grade level skills. This is not the principals fault, this is a State requirement. It sounds like you are more upset with the education system and are putting the blame on the principal which is wrong on so many levels. If you want you kids to be creative, take them to the park, museums, do art with them at home. They are at school to get an education. Writing with foster their creativity. So will the may projects they are assigned over the years. If that's not good enough for you and you are not willing to be responsible enough to hold them to basic standards home school them or by all means find a charter school that caters to your needs. Unfortunately for you charter schools want children with strong academics so your children will likely fail in this environment too.

Trabuco Mesa Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2011
Since the new principal came on board this school is going down hill fast. She does not care about children or the school. She is a newbie and out to prove something. Help We need a real leader/ caring professional to step in. As for the teachers instead of worring about state test scores they need to worry about teaching the skill first. It's a shame that our teachers are no longer caring or creative instead they are forcing our youth to be robots and if you don't conform you are out or considered a problem. What happened to freedom of expression and thought? What happened to finding a childs strength and helping them blossom to their full potential. In Orange County all they care about is there pay. What happened to making a difference in a childs life? One great person can make a difference and this school does not have it. I feel sorry for the children and hope some one can make it change.

Posted March 09, 2011
My son goes to Ms Kyna's class & we are so happy for a wonderful foundation she gives for my son. He's on Pre-school & he enjoy & look forward going to school because of the positive experience he gets from his school.

Trabuco Mesa Elementary School
21301 Avenida De Los Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Trabuco Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trabuco Mesa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top