9-12|Private
1,688 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amazing School Academically and socially, my daughter is a freshman on the soccer team and on the advanced women choir and 4.71 GPA. The Spirit and environment is unmatched.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

100% No I would say the deans are bullies

Develops character: Strongly disagree

NO it is a seen and not be heard school

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Very unloving and most of my sons teachers spend all day bashing our President then actually teaching. Speech and debate teacher is the worst!

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Tablets all day are really hard on kids eyes, and there is a lot of homework.

Very unloving school. Deans are tyrants. Teachers spend more time bashing our government then actually teaching. VERY LIBERAL!!!! Zero Faith based values. I would never consider sending my other four children. I try to talk everyone I meet out of. the school. I have yet to meet a child who is happy there. The school is 100 football but the coach is actually a nice guy. So if your only looking for your son to play sports and don't care about a loving or decent education this is your school.

Negatives: - It's all about sports - Too many parents are employed there Positive: - The student mass - Performing Arts

Be AWARE!!! Once a teacher is accepted into this school it is very hard for them to be fired. With that being said, a lot of the bad teachers and faculty are still there when I used to go there 12 years ago. Being private its about the money so they stay and there is no accountability. If you go to this school listen to your kids about the teachers and ask questions. Doug Williams as a tennis coach still!!! Where is the accountability?

Teachers are worse than public school teachers. Also front desk ladies are always rude and half the time they just tell you to look up your questions on the school website. Also being on the football team was a complete waste of my parents thousands of dollars. If you aren't on the A team for football, you wont even know the plays because the coaches use the B team players as bags holders.

As a current Santa Margarita student it upsets me to see such negativity about a school in which I pride myself on attending. IN my almost 4 years at Santa Margarita, I have experienced little to no racial attitudes, bullying, or snobby behavior. True, the school is located in a rather wealthy area, but the amount of students who are more humble with their wealth outweigh those who are flashy. I came into SM with 2 friends and a social shell that seemed unbreakable. The people I have met and the things I have experienced have made me into the bubbly and outgoing student I am today, with an overflowing amount of school pride. I am proud to be an Eagle!

Last modified Santa Margarita Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12