Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Students enrolled: 1,688

Posted August 13, 2014
Be AWARE!!! Once a teacher is accepted into this school it is very hard for them to be fired. With that being said, a lot of the bad teachers and faculty are still there when I used to go there 12 years ago. Being private its about the money so they stay and there is no accountability. If you go to this school listen to your kids about the teachers and ask questions. Doug Williams as a tennis coach still!!! Where is the accountability?

Posted July 06, 2013
Teachers are worse than public school teachers. Also front desk ladies are always rude and half the time they just tell you to look up your questions on the school website. Also being on the football team was a complete waste of my parents thousands of dollars. If you aren't on the A team for football, you wont even know the plays because the coaches use the B team players as bags holders.

Santa Margarita Catholic High School 4

Posted July 05, 2013
As a current Santa Margarita student it upsets me to see such negativity about a school in which I pride myself on attending. IN my almost 4 years at Santa Margarita, I have experienced little to no racial attitudes, bullying, or snobby behavior. True, the school is located in a rather wealthy area, but the amount of students who are more humble with their wealth outweigh those who are flashy. I came into SM with 2 friends and a social shell that seemed unbreakable. The people I have met and the things I have experienced have made me into the bubbly and outgoing student I am today, with an overflowing amount of school pride. I am proud to be an Eagle!

Santa Margarita Catholic High School 3

Posted April 14, 2013
We were very excited for our son to attend but the snobbiness of the financial aid people gave us a bad taste in our mouth. Her attitude was horrible when we called to ask for questions, her replies were "well, it's all on the website", instead of explaining doubts/confusion or questions. Did not make us feel welcome at all. Our child is very bright and if administration is treating us this way, what is to be expected? We chose a different school based on how welcomed we felt and how much interest they have in our child, that happens with colleges too, the ones who show more interest are the ones who treat and make your child truly feel special and welcome.

Santa Margarita Catholic High School 4

Posted August 23, 2012
I am a sophmore now at SM and I love this school! Most of the teachers are great and nice! The classes are easy and hard just depends what classes you are taking. Although the deans offices are very strick with dress code etc. I have had some bad luck though at this school a lot, but I still love it. Most of the kids are very snobby because they think there rich and can get anything they want. Also they still catergie you into popular, need, or cool groups etc. So if you not pretty you wint be popular etc. Other than that great school! The athletics are amazing! Football we are state chanps etc! I recommend this school for sure!

Posted April 18, 2012
We will not be sending our child to SM for his sophomore year. We no longer care to pay $15,000 for a geography teacher who talks more about her ex-husband than countries and continents or a science teacher who spends most of the classroom at her computer while telling the students to "fill out the worksheets" to teach themselves on their own. Our son has been an A student for all of his school years and is now struggling with C's. This school favors winning athletic teams over faculty who can actually engage their students in the most basic of subjects.

Santa Margarita Catholic High School 5

Posted July 09, 2011
I am a Santa Margarita graduate, and I loved my 4 years at SM. My SM experience turned me into an extremely competitive college applicant, and I ended up deciding to attend UCLA. After 2 years of college, I still look back on my time at SM as my fondest memories. My fellow peers there were kind and thoughtful, the school spirit can not be matched, and I always felt I had the full support of teachers and administration. To address some concerns raised by others, I have found Santa Margarita to be an extremely racially inclusive environment. I had friends of many races, and friend groups did not draw themselves on racial lines at all. If someone was to make a racially insensitive remark, I can assure you that it would be not tolerated by their peers or the school AT ALL. Though there are many white students there, I would attest that to it's location right outside the gate of Coto de Caza-- a community that is 89% white. I am so thankful that I was able to attend Santa Margarita, and have truly formed lifelong friendships there. I can honestly say that if I was making a decision on where to send my child, I would choose SMCHS without hesitation.

Posted March 30, 2011
They don't follow their own mission statement. Every child is not accepted for who they are. This is a very snobby school, and they only care about your child if it benefits them. Only problem is there aren't any other decent options in the area. Beautiful Campus, and beautiful facility.

Posted November 02, 2010
I do agree with the few comments below, SM does have somewhat of a racial student body. As a former SM student, I know by first hand that many students do look down on minorities and will make fun of then on a daily basis. This is even more true for the Mexican janiators, who everyone at the school has extreme disrespect for. Many students don't even conceal the fact that they have some racial animosity towards cultural diversity.

Santa Margarita Catholic High School 5

Posted October 24, 2010
I am a freshman at SM, and after hearing so many horror stories of upper class men being so cruel to freshmen at other schools, I was prepared for the worst. However, my experience thus far has been an incredibly satisfying one. I came into the school knowing almost nobody, and the entire student has been incredibly receptive. The administration is well run and strict to the point without crossing the line and giving us all the freedom that is appropriate for high school students. The campus is well protected and has an incredibly close, guarded, and safe feeling to it. The classes are challenging and the teachers most definitely push you to your full potential.I am doing the best I have in school, and it's not incredibly difficult, thanks to the help of the teachers. I am so incredibly happy at SM and would definitely reccommend it to prespective students!

Santa Margarita Catholic High School
22062 Antonio Parkway, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified Santa Margarita Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Santa Margarita Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top