Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

At the outset, I was told there would be help from the teacher if we had problems. This turned out not to be true. When my student asked for help with math near the end of the year, the teacher appeared to get very angry that we had dared to ask. At first, she said she’d help, and she set an appointment. When I showed up for the appointment after Friday “club,” my student told me the teacher wouldn’t be helping after all. I guess the teacher thought that was sufficient explanation and I would just go home. She tried to avoid me by going into another teacher’s office. I waited patiently and she kept glancing out to see if I’d left yet. Finally, she came out and, through clenched jaw and with flushed face, told me she did not have time to help. Her anger extended through our next bi-weekly meeting. This was perplexing to me, as I had been told there would be help and she had said she would help that day. I found her behavior very unprofessional. Sometime later, she informed me that it was not her job to help with lessons, that her job was to meet with parents and grade work. That was something it would have been important to know at the beginning. She never apologized, but after about 6 weeks she finally said the last chapter of the math book was optional. This was after a very stressful time of my trying to find a math tutor who could work the problems, while being pressured by the teacher to have the book completed by state testing, a full month before the end of school. As it turned out, there were no questions on the state test relating to the last two chapters of the 6th grade math book. Positive things I can say about Lincoln Street are that the staff provided some challenging and interesting lesson material for language arts and some fun science projects, and my student enjoyed interacting with all of the teachers and other students on Fridays. In summary, I would not recommend Lincoln Street School unless you are a professional teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers at this school don't feel it is their job to teach the students or to help them when they are having problems. They feel it is their job to meet with students, collect work and grade it. They are effective at doing those things.

Develops character: Neutral

It is not the job of our schools to do this. it is the job of the parents, the churches and synagogues. This school did nothing to compromise the student's honesty, integrity or fairness. That is all that should be asked.

Our teacher at Lincoln Street school has created a miracle by getting my reluctant learner to begin to really understand the importance of patience and diligence in getting their school work done. The school provides so many wonderful options of how to reach a child in able to fulfill their academic requirements. I couldn't be more pleased with how well this year has gone for us.

Last modified Lincoln Street Independent School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.