Bad
Good

Bidwell Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
My biggest concern is the security of this school is HORRIBLE! On the occasion I do pull my child out of school I am never verified or even asked my relation to the child, they just ask which child I would like to remove from class. I also have walked to her classroom on many occasions and walked her to my car and not ONCE did one yard duty or staff say a word. I could be a parent or relative they recognize that's unauthorized to be near let alone pick up this child! I also have tried to contact the principal regarding bullying and I was told "we'll leave a note and he will get a hold of you in a few days" WHEN SHOULD BULLYING BE PUT ON THE BACK BURNER?? I also assume my note of concern was instead passed to my childs teacher because she contacted me and put FULL blame on my child who was coming home daily crying. This school needs a SEVER change.

Posted June 15, 2013
Bidwell Elementary School is our top choice for an elementary school in Tehama County. This year the school got a new principal, and she has been actively involved with the students on the playground as well as the parent group. The students have a respect for each other because the staff focuses on expected and taught behaviors. My child loves this school! She has attended for 4 years. Unfortunately, we are relocating, and she is heart-broken. She absolutely loves her school! I am impressed by the level of high expectations set for all students. The teachers are very hard-working, and it is obvious that they care because they take the time to get to know their students. We will miss Bidwell!

Posted April 11, 2010
I am sorry, but the person who posted the 'one star' rating is a hack!! Those comments couldn't be farther from the truth. Parents whom I have observed acting like that are those who continually stick up for their kids whether right or wrong-- only later to see them end up in Juvenile Hall or Community Day School because they are supported by people who don't know how to parent. The principal, Mr. Scharaga, is a great leader to the school! All the students respect him. He has a great track record and has done great things in the ~10 years he's been there. What bothers me most about the review posted on 4-10-10 is that the person who wrote it said Bidwell... worst school... Give me a break! Just because the parent is upset that someone actually tried to discipline their child. Wake up and focus on being a parent!

Bidwell Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2010
bidwell elementry school is the worst school i could possibly imagine the principal is a misunderstanding person who is very judgmental and rude.and dosn't understand the students piont of view of of anything and always bragging about things he didnt achieve

Posted October 22, 2009
Bidwell school meets every child at where they are at and helps them to succeed, and become successful. They focus on there student's education in the Arts, and other areas and not just in test scores. The school has an awesome parent club that really works hard and many volunteers who help everyday. The students are the hardest working around. They have great test scores and have earned awards because of it, but most of all our children love going to that school. They love Bidwell!

Posted October 21, 2009
Bidwell Elementary School has the best students, teachers, staff and parent volunteer group in the county! Everyone is so supportive. There are intervention programs in place to make sure that every student is supported and has the chance to shine! With teacher and staff support, parents stay involved and committed to encourage our children to do their very best. There's no better school in the county!

Posted October 21, 2009
Bidwell School has a great teaching team along with classifed staff. The Parent Group is so awesome, commited to helping students succeed and have fun in the process. A great place to learn.

Posted May 30, 2009
Bidwell, is the best school in Tehama County!! Period. They have the best test scores and the best staff. They meet all childrens' needs and continue to strive for excellence. There parent club is very involved in school activities and functions. I would not send my child to any other school.

Posted October 06, 2005
For My daughters fist four months of school. Bidwell Kindergarden Has an amazind half Day Program with two wonderful teachers. Ranging from field trips to music lessons and daily art activities. My daughter arrives home every day singing a new song and spelling a new word! Every day ! Unfortunatley we have to move so we will not be able to finish out the year! But over all a great kindergarden program!

Bidwell Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2005
I am a parent of two boys who went to this school.I think it is a good school. The principle is really involved.

1256 Walnut Street, Red Bluff, CA  96080-3603
Last modified Bidwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.