Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

The packets that go home with the student indicate exactly what is expected to return. There is accountability with the student and the parent signing off on the worksheets. There is spelling to learn, sentences to write, and all the subjects to practice each night but Friday.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They do this by demonstrating unity. I get the sense that every student is important and that doing their homework, being accountable is very important. The children know what is expected of them and the teachers and staff back it up! The school has activities that include the children, family, and the community.

The Principal and Teachers encourage a school spirit in the teacher. I like that each Friday, all students and staff gather together in their School spirit attire to celebrate their school. They sing and do a cheer while also featuring the individual who has selected a college and a career path. The children get along well with each other too. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Ramirez. All the teachers my grandchild has had are devoted to teaching very well. The campus is well taken care of as well.

My kids and I think this is a warm and friendly school with dedicated staff. I am a bit concerned with the newer principal because I have heard ethical rumors about her personal choices and integrity that I do not want my children exposed to. She seems good with parents and children but not as strong as a leader who needs to positively progress the school.

My son has attended Metteer elementary for kindergarten. At first I hesitated, but decided to try Metteer. I have been completely pleased with the past year. I am very active at the school and volunteer weekly in my sons class. His teacher is wonderful, she strives to provide good academics for the children, but also do activities relating to being children. My son could not write his name when he started. Now he writes his entire name perfectly, has learned new words, can spell some of them and read them. I have been very impressed with the outcome this year 2009-2010. We also had a new principle start in August and she has been wonderful. She cares about the children, staff and has made Metteer Elementary and incredible school to take your children to.

The teacher's actually care about their students and what they learn. They don't just jump through the district hoops.

The students and faculty at Metteer Elementary is, by far, the best in Tehama County. I have witnessed student from the surrounding schools and their behaviors. They show no school spirit and, in fact, tease and ridicule their fellow students. I am not stating that Metteer students are never mean to their fellow students, but the incidents are far fewer and less severe.

I am currently a 7th grade student at metteer school and i think this school is very warm and welcoming to every new student. The teachers and staff are really caring and the students too. There is no fighting or anything at this school it is a place where everyone gets along compared to oher schools. It has really changed throughout the year with our new principle mr.Mccoy who has changed everything in a good way.

It started out strong, but is becoming ineffective. as it stands today, it is not a real alternative. This review should not be confused witht he Metteer K-6 program which continues to be excellent.

Last modified William M. Metteer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.