153 students|Gateway Unified

Bad
Good

Posted May 07, 2015
This school offers so much for my children! I put my daughter in after hearing shining reviews and have been so happy I made the decision to go with Rocky Point. They are learning so much and the school is amazing. Every one knows my children by name and is authentic . They offer a lot of field studies and physical outlets you just do not see at too many other schools. They still manage to keep up with the times , expeditionary learning is the way to go! Afterschool offers karate, clubs, cheer, and other sports programs!

Posted June 02, 2014
Best choice I could have made for my kids. This school is truly the best! The best teachers and staff, there is none better. Highly recommended!!!

Posted October 29, 2012
We love Rocky Point. This is a great school. We love the teachers and helpful staff. Morning stretch is a good way for my kids to start their day and tthey come home always talking about their day especially when they go on an outing. We signed up for the after school program this year too. My kids never want to come home early. Again, we love this school.

Posted February 02, 2012
I have a son and a daughter at Rocky Point. I also volunteer on a regular basis, once per week. The best way to know what is happening in a school is to volunteer and get into the classrooms. I am amazed each day at the awesome teaching that is going on in the classrooms at Rocky Point. The teachers teach and inspire my children, The classes are so much smaller than public schools. I really love all of the outing my children get to go on too. It keeps them interested in school.

Posted February 01, 2012
All I can say is thank goodness for Rocky Point! My son is thriving and loving school. The school has great test scores and my sons test scores have gone way up. My son got to work on a real cadaver a couple of weeks ago. What other school has those types of learning opportuntiies for jr. high.

Posted February 01, 2012
Rocky Point has been an excellent choice!!!!! The staff is caring and the classes are much smaller in comparison to Gateway District Schools. There is an over whelming sense of kindness, protection and comraderie.

Posted October 19, 2010
From the first year this school opened, my daughter was enrolled. It was less then 5 minutes from my home, so I said "Why not!" So far, each year she has been there, the class she's in has put together and published a little book. They learn so much and it seems like every 2 months or less they are on a field trip of sorts. From Heros, Visiting a rest home, to turlte bay, castle crags, Wild Horse Sanctuary, etc. With the hands on learning my daughter gets there (plus the small class size) I can't think of her being in any other school. The teachers are awesome and are willing to work hard with the parents.

Posted November 15, 2009
Rocky Point Charter School is an excellent school. I enrolled my daughter last year and have found the educational experience to be outstanding. My daughter loves going to school! Her teacher is great! The students are offered many educational experiences that take them out into the community. The expeditions and field studies offered at Rocky Point have been a valuable educational experience! She has experienced more at Rocky Point than she ever experienced at her other school. We love Rocky Point and recommend it everyone we know and meet in Shasta County.

Posted November 13, 2009
Rocky Point Charter School is the most incredible school. My children are so happy. They are challenged academically and the teachers are so warm and supportive. The parents are involved and the PTO welcomes new parents It is a safe and small school environment where everyone truly knows each other's name. I love the emphasis on community service and physical fitness. I highly recommend this school to anyone who values high academics, physical fitness, and the character development.

Posted October 16, 2009
The afterschool program at Rocky Point is awesome. They have excellent staff and the SAILS program is cheap! They help with homework and offer many extra activites such as Kung Fu, Guitar, Cooking, Dance, etc for the kids to learn with certified teachers. The school itself is far behind on education, field trips, sports etc.... Hopefully they get it together soon or they wont be around long!

3500 Tamarack Drive, Redding, CA  96003-1747
Last modified Rocky Point Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.