Posted October 13, 2014
My son attended this school for preschool and kindergarten before we moved out of state. We miss Boulder Creek! Both his preschool and kindergarten teacher and their aides were awesome. The staff really cares about the kids and the parent involvement is amazing. Dale Porter runs a tight ship and always has time to discuss any issues you may have. Communication was a bit rough at first, but the Sunday night robo-calls have helped spread the word better. My son likes his new school, but we will always have a special place for Boulder Creek. Go Bears! - Sharon R.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2014
I have two boys in this school - 5th and 1st grade. Overall, Boulder Creek is a good school. The principal is great and the academic standards are good. The booster club is hard to crack if you aren't a certain type of person ($ and popularity still rule) and you have to watch for the teacher/parent favoritism, which seems to be worse in the early grades (K-2). After 2nd grade, it isn't really a problem. My son's K class last year had some parents who were very close with the teacher and it was like a little club. Those few parents and their kids were the center of the teacher's attention; the rest of us had to fight for time to speak to her and had to drag details out of her. There was one mom who was in the class all the time, just hanging out, and several of the other parents who were friends of the teacher were in and out all day. My son kept talking about it so I think it had become distracting. The teacher was younger and it was like she was more concerned with what was going on after school than during. Overall, a good school in a safe neighborhood. My kids are happy and if you can get past the elitist attitude of some of the parents and teachers, you will be happy, too.

Posted November 20, 2013
This is the worst school ever. I went here from kindergarten to 2nd grade. The "amazing principle" , Dale Porter gave me detention for going to the office to much.And my second grade teacher banned my father from the campus for telling her about children that where bullying me, and falsely claiming that he threatened her. Almost all teachers and parents here are stuck up. Honestly, a horrible school that I will always hate. -Kori Coffman- Pfennig.

Posted September 07, 2013
This school is amazing. It has a great family atmosphere with a lot of school unity. The principal is one of the key elements that makes this school so wonderful. Mr. Dale Porter is held in very high regard by his students, teachers, and parents. He's firm with his students, but in a very caring way. There is also a lot of parent participation at this school. It feels like one big happy family when you walk down the halls. The teachers are exceptional too. They always try to find new innovative ways to learn and have fun while they're doing it. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 30, 2013
Love the teachers and the people. I was sad to move and leave this school.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is great for the first five or so years. However, I have not been happy with my daughter's experience in middle school. If your child is white, popular, and likes to bully people, then this is the school for them. If your child does not fit into this category, then he or she will be at the mercy of the a fore mentioned. Unfortunately, the staff and teachers are not sympathetic to the kids getting picked on. In fact, I've witnessed certain teachers bullying the kids as well. There are only a couple of great teachers, one for math, and one for science, oh, and the music teacher is okay, other than that, they are mediocre at best. If your child displays any type of individuality or creativity, this school will squash it.

Posted July 23, 2013
I used to go to that school for 7 yrs. until I moved, and it was really great. I am in love with most of the teachers. The jr. High is really great all of the teachers are nice, If you listen to them. It is a very good school. All (3) of the principals are very nice. Mr. Porter is very kind and reasonable. I think that Mrs. Gleason is more in the junior high area. And Mr.Bose is there mondays and fridays and is like an advisor and plays with the kids. Your kids will LOVE this SCHOOL!!!

Posted December 14, 2012
It is exactly as another parent put it, roll the dice on if you get a good teacher or not we have been at this school 3 years and 2 out of 3 teacher's are REALLY bad apples, I think we will switch soon. Principal Mr. Porter is very nice and easy to talk to but his assist Gleason is very much self involved and don't truly care about the children, such a waste to talk to her.

Posted August 16, 2012
I have had two boys in Boulder Creek since Kindergarten one is now a sophmore in high school and the other is about be an 8th grader at Boulder Creek! I can not say enough good things about BC! The Staff the students are fantastic. My kids never wanted to leave. Looking forward to another great year!

Posted December 07, 2011
We just moved away from Boulder Creek 2 months ago and boy do we miss it!!! That school is the best. Super friendly, helpful staff. An amazingly involved Principal. We miss it soooooooo MUCH!! Please if you are looking for a school pick this one with ease. I had a 1st and 2nd grader and they loved it and so did I! My 2nd grader just got a envelope full of letters from her old class yesterday I felt like crying, we are not fans of her new school. If I could I would drive her the 3 hrs to go back to Boulder Creek!!

Boulder Creek Elementary School
505 Springer Drive, Redding, CA  96003
Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boulder Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top