Redding, CA

Parsons Junior High School 1

Posted May 24, 2012
I wouldn't send my child there. The new principal does not show leadership. Comes off as not caring and just mean. The vice principal, however, is great.

Parsons Junior High School 1

Posted February 21, 2012
I would not recommend this school as a parent. Most teachers do not seem to care if your child passes or fails there. Our child struggles getting help when it is needed. We have tried getting our child help we have to the school many times. Last year we got them to change our child's schedule and that helped cause one teacher actually did help. But then a student started a fire in a trash can by the class room so then the teacher was not allowed to help students at lunch or before school any more. That was hard cause child needed that help not many teachers there are willing to give extra help that most kids need. The kid that started the fire was caught on camera and still the was not allowed to help kids on the teachers own time. We need more teachers that care about the students they teach! What has happened to schools these days. I remember schools being more helpful when it was needed. And if you failed you got held back not continued on to fail again cause the teachers didn't do there job. Just really disappointed in schools today or maybe just this school district

Posted August 23, 2011
My Grandson has just started at Parsons and is very impressed with the school and staff. This is such a pleasure to hear his comment and how he likes school! Thanks to all of you for helping youth eager to attend and challenge their minds and making it fun also!

Posted March 26, 2011
I work at Parsons. I Think Parsons is an excellent school. My daughter went there for three years. She was a cheerleader and was in the music program. She was on the Principals Honor Roll her 8th grade year. The staff is the best around. Teachers are always willing to help you. Friendly staff and great kids. Wonderful atmosphere..

Posted December 10, 2009
Great school, loved how all of the teachers would get involved and really try and help the kids.

Posted May 08, 2009
I think the school has a great curriculum, and has great teachers. the extra cirricular activities are cool too.

Parsons Junior High School

Posted January 26, 2009
Honestly parsons isnt that great. The teachers are nice but the rules are so dumb! you kss someone you get suspened for 5 days my friend smoked at school and they got suspended for 5 days so whats the point? Do they want us to get a now for like our parents to say we can make physical contact or something

Posted January 25, 2009
I have been going to Parsons for all three years and I love it! I am in the Honors Program. Mr. Silva is a great teacher. He is really hard, but I know that his tests and reading will pay off in high school. I am also in the vocal music department. Last year, the band and us beat many high schools in Anaheim and won the highest award! This weekend, Special Concepts won first prize in out division at Folsom Jazz Festival. Obviously, Parsons is the perfect school for kids who will be in the Honors Program or our excellant music dept. The teachers, staff, and all of my friends are really great! Go Tigers!

Posted January 04, 2009
Hi I am a 8th grader at Parsons and I absolutely 'love' this school, and this is coming from a student. I enjoy all of the activity's that Parsons provide for us. We also have a magnificent music program that Mr.D and Mrs. Hess teach that i'm attending. They have a wonderful sports that wonderful coaches coach,I also am a sports player=]. I have been attending Parsons all three years and all three years have been great. They have wonderful teachers at Parsons They have taught me so much=]. Especially my 8th grade year all of my teachers have been wonderful towards me and the classes. I extremely courage you to in roll your child into Parsons as soon as you can, I can promise you child will have a wonderful experience attending Parsons.Hope you will take my advice and in roll your child into parsons.=]= <3<3<3

Parsons Junior High School 4

Posted December 02, 2008
Hello, I am an 8th grader here at Parsons Jr. High. I enjoy most classes and think its a wonderful place to have your child. I love all the activites we do and all the different type of projects. All in all, this school to my level is above average. Thanks for letting me share what I had to say.

Parsons Junior High School
750 Hartnell Avenue, Redding, CA  96002
Last modified Parsons Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parsons Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top