Redding, CA

Posted May 24, 2012
I wouldn't send my child there. The new principal does not show leadership. Comes off as not caring and just mean. The vice principal, however, is great.

Posted February 21, 2012
I would not recommend this school as a parent. Most teachers do not seem to care if your child passes or fails there. Our child struggles getting help when it is needed. We have tried getting our child help we have to the school many times. Last year we got them to change our child's schedule and that helped cause one teacher actually did help. But then a student started a fire in a trash can by the class room so then the teacher was not allowed to help students at lunch or before school any more. That was hard cause child needed that help not many teachers there are willing to give extra help that most kids need. The kid that started the fire was caught on camera and still the was not allowed to help kids on the teachers own time. We need more teachers that care about the students they teach! What has happened to schools these days. I remember schools being more helpful when it was needed. And if you failed you got held back not continued on to fail again cause the teachers didn't do there job. Just really disappointed in schools today or maybe just this school district

Posted August 23, 2011
My Grandson has just started at Parsons and is very impressed with the school and staff. This is such a pleasure to hear his comment and how he likes school! Thanks to all of you for helping youth eager to attend and challenge their minds and making it fun also!

Posted March 26, 2011
I work at Parsons. I Think Parsons is an excellent school. My daughter went there for three years. She was a cheerleader and was in the music program. She was on the Principals Honor Roll her 8th grade year. The staff is the best around. Teachers are always willing to help you. Friendly staff and great kids. Wonderful atmosphere..

Posted December 10, 2009
Great school, loved how all of the teachers would get involved and really try and help the kids.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted May 15, 2009

Posted May 08, 2009
I think the school has a great curriculum, and has great teachers. the extra cirricular activities are cool too.

Posted March 10, 2009

Parsons Junior High School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
Honestly parsons isnt that great. The teachers are nice but the rules are so dumb! you kss someone you get suspened for 5 days my friend smoked at school and they got suspended for 5 days so whats the point? Do they want us to get a now for like our parents to say we can make physical contact or something

Parsons Junior High School
750 Hartnell Avenue, Redding, CA  96002
Last modified Parsons Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parsons Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top