Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted May 09, 2016
After attending this year's Open House, we are thrilled with this school and all it has to offer. The new principal is friendly and has a passion for the students. The teachers were supportive and the music program was incredible. My daughter is in first grade and I would never change schools as long as I live in Redding.

Turtle Bay School 2

Posted May 05, 2016
My son has attended Turtle Bay School in Redding since the 2nd grade, he is now in 5th. I thought last year was bad but with the change in principal this year was definitely worse. TBS is supposed to be a science and technology school but the 5th grade apparently has no science program. They watch way too many movies in class, that is not teaching. They use common core math but cannot seem to teach it. My son was a B student in math and this year F's are coming home. They change math books often and create confusion in the students. My final straw was last night's open house. We were invited to "see what you child has been doing in school this trimester". When we arrived neither one of his teachers had any of his work to show us. Only his science project was on display, but we had just completed that a home. His English/writing teacher looked surprised I asked for writing samples. We will not attend next year.

Posted March 20, 2016
My daughter attends kindergarten and she thrives at Turtle Bay School. The teachers provide an excellent education and provide lots of enriching experiences. She has many friends and we feel welcome to involve ourselves in the culture of this school. We could not be happier with her first year in school.

Turtle Bay School 1

Posted March 12, 2015
Worst school in area! Principal has no people skills. Bully's teachers, so they quit or fires them. Doesn't make decisions in the best interest of children, all about $. I'm not the only parent who feels this way, if you were to ask 6/10 parents are not happy with the administration at this school. If you need special education resources, DO NOT choose this school! I know from experience...

Turtle Bay School 1

Posted February 03, 2015
Terrible experience, terrible Principal. She's very rude and hard to please. Try to stay on her good side or else god knows what's going to happen. Good luck if you choose to enroll your child(ren) here. Make sure they don't run on campus!

Posted May 30, 2014
Turtle bay shool is the best school.I think that because the teachers and also the staff are nice to all students and also parents.I like it because all of the students get to use ipads and chrome laptops.Also you get use so many more different electronics.The office staff are so nice to everyone.

Posted October 30, 2013
Turtle Bay enploys Dedicated Teachers and staff that has their students best interest at hand.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is the best school in California. And also this school is so amazing for kids!!

Turtle Bay School 2

Posted May 28, 2010
This was our family's first year at this school and it has not been the best experience. In an effort to not overstep my boundaries, I will strongly encourage parents to check out the teachers that your child could end up with.

Posted July 21, 2008
I have attended Turtle bay since kindergarden and I am now going into 8th grade. Going to Turtle Bay has been truly wonderful and I only wish that I didnt have to go to high school so I could watch as it gets bigger and better with each passing year. The teachers are amazing as well as the staff and I have learned a lot through these years and hope that this review encourages students to attend turtle bay elementary/middle school!

Turtle Bay School
1330 Arboretum Drive, Redding, CA  96003-3603
Last modified Turtle Bay School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.