Redlands, CA
Before care: Yes

Judson & Brown Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2014
I am fairly new to the school but will be here a long while with more of my children entering. I am very pleased with the staff , teachers and the PTA. I believe they bought $22,000.00 dollars worth of technology last year though their fundraising efforts not to mention every thing else they provide. My children and self are of multiple races and have never ever felt discriminated against and the PTA parents have been awesome at trying to get more and more involvement as this still fairly new school still is learning and growing! I plan to get very involved next year in the PTA and hope no one looks at my children as being favored because of it. Our kids deserve the best we can all offer.

Posted May 31, 2014
I have been a parent at this school since it opened 8 years ago and I have never seen a child be treated differently because of race. My children are multiracial and I am happy that they are around other children of many cultures and races at school. The staff at this school orders all awards and trophies based on what has been earned. PTA only pays for the awards, if they didn't the school would not be able to pay for it out of their budget. PTA doesn't get a list and doesn't see who is rewarded until the ceremony along with everyone else. As far as attendance goes, it is a job to be taken very seriously by the attendance clerk. NO ONE else in the school even the principal is allowed to touch it. If attendance is not accounted for properly the school doesn't get money from the state and it is also audited so there are no mistakes. I just attended CMS 8th grade awards night and 90% of the kids that received the big awards were former J&B students, just shows you the great foundation that was put before them at this school . Id say if you don't like it switch schools, but Redlands is a city of community involvement so whatever school you attend here the community will be involved.

Posted May 31, 2014
In response to the last review ...Every school has areas that could be improved upon...and thats exactly what PTA strives to do, for EVERY child! PTA spends countless hours donating time to insure that EVERY child has an opportunity to participate in school activities that are paid for with PTA funds. PTA is not in anyway shape or form invovled in keeping track of perfect attendance or joggers club or AR points. Not all of the children of PTA parents get all the awards....my son included...he only received the awards that he EARNED! HIGH acheiving students will quite obviously earn more than those who are not. If there is concern about the level of PTA involvement it is well within anyones rights as a member of the school to come to meetings and see exactly what the PTA does. If you are unywilling to hecome involved than you dont have the right to criticize.

Posted May 31, 2014
To be involved means to show concern for someone or something. Thank you Judson Brown PTA for being an involved board. Your strength, dedication, and commitment to our school makes it the best Redlands school to attend. Continued success to the awesome PTA board!

Judson & Brown Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is so unfair. The PTA is too involved. Their kids can wear sandals and not get in trouble, although it is against the school rules. The children have a privilege in almost everything. When they re absent, they still get a Perfect Attendance Award at the end of the school year. I wonder what perfect attendance means. Everything the PTA kids do is perfectly good. This school also treated the students by races. J&B is 100% not fit for other students. They should look back at how they have treated others and change it.

Posted August 08, 2013
I was nervous about public school but was pleasantly surprised how wonderful this school is. Happy parent and happy child.

Posted August 13, 2012
Want to help our kids? It s easy. Our school can receive up to $10,000 in Target GiftCards for books or any supplies we need. Wouldn t that be great? All we need to do is vote for our school each week until September 8. It s part of Give With Target . For every 25 votes our school receives, Target will send a $25 gift card. Find out more and vote at Facebook.com/Target. I am a PT A member and my child is a 1st grade

Judson & Brown Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
The teachers are excellent and very attentive to student in every single student and individual needs. So proud to have a great teacher.

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
I think that this is a great school and I feel priviledged that my child attends this school. My child is doing better than I ever thought and she loves to go to school, I can't even convice her to stay home when she is sick. By far this school is great, and the parent participation is great, compared to when I went to grade school and there was basicaly no parent participation. Thank you for doing a great job. Teachers don't get the credit they deserve for teaching the future leaders of the U.S., without good teachers, our future generations are bound to fail in certain aspects of their life from not getting the proper education with teachers who enjoy their jobs and actually do care about the students, especially when the class sizes are smaller for better one on one help.

Judson & Brown Elementary School
1401 East Pennsylvania Avenue, Redlands, CA  92374
Last modified Judson & Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Judson & Brown Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top