Redlands, CA

Posted February 12, 2014
My son and daughter have attended for one year, this school is amazing! The Principal Mr.B knows every single child. He is very involved with his school and takes a lot of pride in running it as well. I am always informed of what is going on with the school, by email, automated voice messages, teachers, memos and flyers. I can really see the difference in my son and daughter with the level of academics. My daughter is in Transitional kindergarten and she is at the level of a 2nd grader. My son came from Smiley school in Redlands (yes a great school ) except Mariposa is a 10 and it shows in the grades, school, teachers and staff! I am so proud of my kids school. This is why my husband and I made the sacrifice to buy a house within the Mariposa district (right down the street). What can I ask for a school with a TOP TEN RATING and amazing neighborhood, Jewel of the Inland Empire!!!!!! Regards, Esmeralda Rendon

Posted August 18, 2013
This is our fourth year here at Mariposa Elementary in Redlands! We were excited and emotional as we felt we won the lotto upon entering kindergarten. We have not been disappointed. Our son is now in third grade and the atmosphere here is one of a family. A true genuine welcome back from other parents, staff and admin. after summer vacation. The educational curriculum and rigor have always met or exceeded our expectations. The children are held to high standards and that is what sets them above the best. At Back-To-School Night we heard that Mariposa was recognized nationally for their awesome PTA. Home and school partnership are truly exemplary here at Mariposa! It is a great feeling to send our son to school everyday knowing that he is in a safe and a very well loved place! Mr. "B" and his staff: clerical, custodial and certificated really make Mariposa a wonderful place to learn!

Posted August 06, 2013
As an anonymous student who will remain unknown on this site, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!! The teachers are wonderful and will always push you to do your best. The PTA is really awesome. And the principal is perfect, just perfect! We recently won the distinguished school award in 2012 and have gotten the highest CST (California State Test) scores in the district every year for longer than I can remember! We also include the GATE (Gifted And Talented Enrichment/Education) and other great programs. Plus, we have running club, jr. and monarch chourus, YMCA day care, fitness Fridays, fall festival, a Halloween parade, and A-thons to raise money for our school. I highly suggest this school for your child!

Posted June 13, 2013
Mariposa is an awesome school! Fantastic teachers, wonderful principal who knows you by name, and such a positive learning environment. Not only does Mariposa offer strong academics, but here, teachers, staff, and PTA are dedicated, creative, and generous of their resources and time, donating much appreciated after school 'extras' like choir, GATE, run club, garden club, and sports events they are not compensated for due to budget cuts. Our children are fortunate to excel in such a well-rounded educational experience we are grateful for an extraordinary public school like this. Thank you Mariposa!

Posted June 11, 2013
Our family has been at Mariposa for 9 years. How blessed we are!! All nine years have been filled with stellar teachers, a challenging and encouraging learning environment, welcomed volunteering, exposure to the arts, and a great sense of community. The principal has been supportive and is a fearless leader when it comes to leading the teachers and supporting the families during these tough economic times and budget cuts. Our family is honored to be part of the Mariposa Community.

Posted June 06, 2013
This school is AMAZING!!! Teachers are warm and friendly, parents are highly involved and administration is always there to listen. We have attended Mariposa for kindergarten and 1st grade and our child has had the time of his life! We were SO worried about putting our son in public school because we've heard horror stories about all of the education cut backs and how awful schools had become. This school has been able to retain the most amazing teachers and had a very warm attitude through the whole political mess. Our little boy has grown leaps and bounds and never been happier!

Posted June 06, 2013
Mariposa is an outstanding school. I have a third grader and first grader and we all love Mariposa. I'm very impressed with the creativity and initiative the school has instilled in my kids. For example, in my third grader's class project, she had to do the research on European Hornets, make the insect model using natural material, add one more visual aid, choose the related background music (she chose to compose and play her own music.), select costume,and present the report as a character other than a third grader. So this science project actually covered science, visual art, music, performing art, and presentation skills. And the best of all, she did it all by herself, with fun! They do have lots of fun. So far this year, the third grader had musicals, talent shows, many fields trips and parties. The school and PTA sponsored many enrichment activities, e.g.,chorus, band, art , Chinese,fall festival, Reflection, Fitness Friday, and many assemblies. My first grader also loves the school and the teacher. She had grown so much academically and on her independence. And the principal, I'm just amazed that he remembers all student's names! How can we not love Mariposa?

Posted June 04, 2013
Stellar school, super parental support, tremendous teachers, and great administration. Many, many happy parents and kids!!

Posted June 03, 2013
Outstanding job for another wonderful school year. Our 2nd grade teacher was a blessing for our child. He progressed wonderfully throughout the year. We appreciate the time and effort the PTA members, parents, staff, and principal put into this school and each and every child. We are thrilled with the approach to education being taught at Maripose.

Posted June 03, 2013
We could not ask for a better school for our kids. The teachers are top notch and the principal is amazing. He is very involved in everything that goes on at the school, and pays personal attention to each student. There is a real sense of community at the school, and the teachers work hard to meet the individual needs of each student. My family loves Mariposa!

Mariposa Elementary School
30800 Palo Alto Drive, Redlands, CA  92373
Last modified Mariposa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mariposa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top