No rating

Carden Dominion School

Private | PK-6

Living in Redondo Beach

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $677,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,060.

Sweep tile

Posted January 12, 2014

My child attended this school in Redondo Beach for several years and never could articulate to me how awful it was. My child was bullied and treated horribly. While getting very good grades, the teachers never told me of a problem--a teacher finally after several years strongly suggested my child might fit in better at a public school. It took several years for my child to recover from what was pretty much constant verbal abuse by fellow students. I am not happy to have paid for that experience.

Posted October 13, 2010

My son goes to the Lomita location and the teachers there are awesome. He LOVES going there and playing with his baby friends.

Posted March 31, 2010

This is an amazing school! Class size is very small which means that the teachers spend a lot of time with each individual child. Teachers and the principal are extremely caring and treat all children with respect. This school is truely a hidden gem which dosen't look much from the outside but its academics are much better than most other private schools in the South Bay.

Posted May 18, 2009

Carden is an excellent school if your looking for a good classic education taught in a nurturing environment. Class sizes are small which means more 1-1 with each child. Teachers are all kind, experienced and mature. My child and every other child at this school actually enjoys school.

Posted May 17, 2009

We have been extremely pleased with the education our children have received in the the three years we have been at Carden Dominion. The teaching staff has been exceptional in an atmosphere that encourages respect, self-discipline and hard work, while also allowing the children to benefit in the joys of learning. The teachers and staff are always open and available. Manageable class sizes allow the teachers time for one on one instruction when necessary and the children are allowed to work at their own pace, while always being challenged. There are also many opportunities for parents to get involved whether it's Hands On Art, assisting in school or individual class field trips or the many activities that take place within the classroom. With all of the public schools cutting staff and programs and increasing class sizes this school is an affordable option that will allow your child to flourish and grow!

Posted May 15, 2009

Carden Dominion School has been a perfect fit for our family. We were looking for a private school and have been pleased with the dedicated, creative and enthusiastic teachers in both the First & Second grade levels. The Carden method of teaching has provided a strong foundation for our son and we would highly recommend this neighborhood school. We have found the administration and staff have worked in concert with us to meet the individual needs of our child and have helped him reach his full potential both academically and socially. Music, Art, Spanish and cool field trips (i.e. going to the beach for beach clean-up and the Gene Autry Museum) have been a plus. We are eagerly looking forward to our son s Third grade year at Carden.

Posted February 10, 2009

We love this school. We looked at Carden more than once but finally made the jump when we saw our honor roll (gate child) student hitting the skids at a public school with over 30 students in the class. Now our child is one of ten students. We saw a change in him after one day at this school. This school uses the Mae Carden philosophy of teaching. Regardless of where you child is academically they will benefit in this environment. I find the staff is always available. Both Executive Director and Vice Principle can always be found during school hours. They have been warm, courteous, and totally available to us. Because of the reviews I'd seen on this site I made it a point to drop in unannounced on several occasions. The entire staff is always available. The school offers competitive pricing and we found the tuition affordable. If you like to volunteer, there are opportunities available so you can see first-hand what's going on in your child's class. We plan to move our first grade child over to Carden in September for second grade. My husband and I met and spent time with the second grade teacher. We believe she will offer a warm and structured learning environment to our child. If you are thinking about Carden Dominion, go meet the staff. Let your child spend a day at Carden. They'll never look back!

Posted October 3, 2008

Hi, both of my grandchildren are enrolled in your school. I only hear positive things about you. The classes are small , the teachers are great , the children perform well, that should tell you everything. Your school has a great reputation. I am sure , my daughter is glad she found you. Jutta Daniel- Good

Posted March 13, 2008

Our kids love their preschool teachers and love the friends they've made here. A warm, caring staff of teachers and administrators. This small school fosters arts as well as traditional subjects, and offers extracurricular activities as well. I know my kids are developing a positive attitude toward teachers and learning that will stay with them all their lives.

Posted February 28, 2008

If you're looking for a small, affordable private school in the South Bay (where our choices are very limited), this is a great option. The environment is very warm and nurturing, the teaching staff is wonderful and enthusiastic and the kids are respectful and polite. The curriculum is comparable if not better than that of local public schools. Music, foreign language and arts are offered in addition to the standard. It would be nice if the administration was more enthusiastic and involved, but the teachers are great!

Posted February 22, 2008

tuition goes up each year as resources goes down. best pre-school in town! best first grade teacher every child and parent should experience someone like her. buck stops there....

Posted August 21, 2007

This school is more like the country school I attended as a child in a small, rural community. It has great extracurricular activities, good discipline, respects diversity, and high standards for education. However, I have rarely seen the principal and I'm not sure if the school really has one.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 4%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab