Bad
Good

San Mateo County Special Education School 1

Posted July 29, 2013
Camp Glenwood is where I used to work, I had to retire because out at the camp they reclaim their own water and that facility was old and had not been checked by the state for years when I was exposed to noxious fumes that gave me sores in my mouth. I was told by the doctor that I could not have any more exposures. The school district said that they could not say that I would not be exposed again. I could not work there at the camp. What is odd is the boys living in the sleeping dorms were only 20 feet away from my classroom. NO ONE wanted to address that, not even the local newspaper. I made many complaints and finally the state sent an inspector out...that was in 2007. I I was asked to teach Eng. and I would have to go back to sch. for an Eng. credential . I retired early and only wish that I would have done it prior to being exposed to the chemicals at Camp Glenwood. So that is the school district, the good news is: I have heard it is being run much better...I still wonder how many young boys were exposed to those chemicals and if the reclaiming facility is still being inspected.

San Mateo County Special Education School 2

Posted March 25, 2008
I don't like the school where my son is 'temporarily placed.' Ratio between student and adult is great but there was no interaction between them (during the time I observed the class) The teachers were talking to each other while the children with special needs were just on their own. During the circle time, there was just a 'one man show' again there was no interaction between the teacher and students (with special needs); Video is used to promote vocabulary (duh!) which I think is not appropriate with the children with special needs not even with typical children. This school I am referring is the SMC ECE at Tower Road. I wouldn't recommend this school to any parent at all.

San Mateo County Special Education School 4

Posted April 05, 2007
Since this is a very special school ratings don't pertain. The teachers for my son were excellent and very compassionate, helpful. I would send my special child to this school again and again.

San Mateo County Special Education School
101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA  94065-1064
Last modified San Mateo County Special Education School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.