Posted October 06, 2014
As a parent and teacher at this school, I agree that parents and teachers work closely together to make a difference in the students achievement and attitudes, especially in the lower grades (K-5). However, I believe that the upper grades (6-8) have been neglected greatly. First, these grade levels are the leaders of the school, yet they don't seem to know it or act like it. Perhaps, a student activities coordinator could help by teaching leadership to 8th graders. Other ideas may include: a campus beautification project, mandatory community service hours, volunteering, etc. If we put these upper grades into positions of leadership and let them say announcements in the morning, let them take charge of fundraisers for the school, put them in a position where the lower grades look up to them, see them as role models; I believe they would rise to the occasion and WOW us! It's about time for parents and PTO to take a back seat and show the 6-8th graders how to lead the school, be responsible for and take care of the school and everyone in it. We can't count on Administration to be consistent and reliable, so let's look to the students, our future!!

Posted July 24, 2014
Clifford is a good school for some kids. They really need to stop the segregation of the children and stop making special request for the parents who make the most noise. Moms need to get it together and stop putting their issues onto the children who carry it to the classroom. Save the drama for off campus events.

Posted April 28, 2014
I am a teacher at this school. I love the special family/community feel we have! We have amazing parents that do so much for our students! I am very lucky to work here!

Posted April 02, 2014
I have an amazing Son finishing 8th grade. He earned his early education at an amazing private school named Woodland School in Portola Valley. Our family went thru some changes which made it important that he go to our neighborhood school. Ever since he transitioned to Clifford, he has learned the value of applying himself. He is now on honor roll again and has acquired an incredible since of self. He has good relationships with the teachers at Clifford. We have really enjoyed what Clifford has added to Spencer's life and he became a leader there. The school went thru several changes while we were there and the children always came first! We leave soon and I'm sure as Spencer heads to high school with confidence, it is due in part to Clifford's influence.

Clifford Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2013
Clifford can be a great public school. BUt if you really want your child be be challenged and be taught well i recommend a private school. My son used to complain how the learning environment is loud and obnoxious, and it is very hard for the middle school teachers to control their class

Posted May 15, 2013
My child is in 1st grade and has been doing well ever since he started at Clifford in Kindergarten. I do think my child's teacher puts too much emphasis on cursive-ish handwriting (teaching the kids to write with curly letters that are a little more like cursive than print, but still print.) The goal of this, to my understanding, is to make it easier to learn cursive, but in a world where they will type or dictate for most of their communication, it seems more effort than it's worth. I have no criticism of the math curriculum - my child has been doing extremely well there, but I do think the spelling words haven't been quite as challenging as they could be. As a working parent, my child also attends before and after school care, and the staff is terrific. They really care about the kids, and although I feel guilty for not being able to pick up my child earlier, I know my child is in good hands.

Posted October 28, 2012
I had some serious doubts about Clifford after a long love affair with this school but this year, with our new Principle and Assistant Principle, I have new found appreciation. My son is in 8th grade and last year had some serious challenges but with some major changes, the buzz on campus is positive and full of opportunities to learn. My 3rd grader is enjoying her class and has taken on a whole new ownership of her achievements. I could't ask for a better learning environment! She is on a waiting list for NS but it would be very hard for me to move her away since Clifford is back on track.

Posted May 07, 2012
There is a great sense of community at Clifford School. My kids have been attending Clifford for the past 8 years and they love it.

Posted April 30, 2012
We have are having a wonderful experience at Clifford. Our teachers have been excellent and the adminstration fair. There is a great sense of community at Clifford, with the parents and the kids. The kids are getting a well rounded education with slices of real life every day. Very positive experience!

Posted April 29, 2012
During the 7 years I have been teaching at Clifford and my children have been attending, I have experienced an amazing sense of community from the parents, teachers, and school staff. Making the choice to have our children attend Clifford instead of the San Carlos school they were designated to attend wasn't easy. However, this many years later, we are pleased with our decision to do so as our children have been well educated and are very well rounded. Currently, there are 6 teachers and staff members who have their children attending Clifford, and over the past 20 years there have been many more. This in itself speaks to the character of this fine school.

Clifford Elementary School
225 Clifford Avenue, Redwood City, CA  94062
Last modified Clifford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clifford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top