Redwood City, CA

Posted October 28, 2013
This is our first year at Roy Cloud and my son and I are so happy. Truly a safe, neighborhood school with a progressive "charter school" feel. PTO is extremely organized and very effective; parents are always ready and willing to help out (cheerfully too!) The children have access to the latest technology and the teachers are superb. I sound like a cheerleader, I know, but we are very blessed to be a part of this school.

Posted October 21, 2013
There is an endless supply of parent volunteers for projects, classroom activities, school events, and general support of the teachers to lighten their load. Parents often share their expertise to enrich the lives of all the students in the classroom and help them become more well-rounded as they move on to high school and beyond. We are a flexible, committed group always trying new things to enhance our student body character as well as the health and wellness of our students, teachers and parents through walking to school programs, physical education, and health of our entire school 'family' through group generated fitness, education, and encouragement.

Posted October 11, 2013
Roy Cloud prepared my son well for transitioning to high school. As a freshman, he is taking all advanced placement classes including Sophomore level math. I am confident that my 5th and kindergartener will achieve a strong academic basis as well with Roy Cloud as their school.

Posted September 28, 2013
I'm pleased to have the opportunity to have my children at Roy Cloud School. This is our 4th year enjoying the wonderful environment, great professor, the staff in general. However, what is most impressive for us it's the community (parents) always involved with every activity, always willing to participate by getti g involve at any small opportunity. This is very important for the alumnus. Parents support makes them feel more secure to achieve their goal. The school staff & parent have work hard to maintain the teaching strategies up date to the 21th century in technology to help students to thrive & success. This is my proud school !!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Fantastic neighborhood school. Great teachers. Involved parents. An all-around great learning environment. My kid loves it!

Roy Cloud Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
This is one of the greatest K-8 schools in Redwood City. Located in Emerald Hills, this school lends itself to a positive, nurturing environment. If a single word was used to describe the atmosphere of this school it would have to be COMMUNITY. This school is ripe with enthusiastic and caring teachers and parents. Our students are lucky to have administrators who understand the importance of 21 Century Learning. Technology has been a big emphasis over the past several years and we have been lucky to be able to provide our students in all grades with iPad Labs and Chrome Books. We have a very strong and dedicated PTO who work tirelessly at providing successful and useful fundraisers to enhance enrichment at this school. Roy Cloud has successfully taught my daughter from K through 8th grade. She now attends the local high school and says that Roy Cloud definitely prepared her well for high school. As I am one who believes there is always room for some improvement, I rarely give 5 of 5 stars to anything, so 4 of 5 just means that there is room for growth, as there should be. We should always keep raising the bar and striving for better. Overall- GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted September 26, 2013
Both my boys have attended roy cloud for many years after transferring from another school and I have never been happier than making that choice. Roy cloud is an exceptional school with a lot of teacher and parent involvement. Its truly a great school to have your child in. Very safe, friendly and trust worthy...

Posted September 22, 2013
We are new to Roy Cloud and so far we have been very impressed with the administration and teachers. Attended the first PTO event and was impressed with the level of professionalism and the huge attendance by school families. I look forward to a wonderful education for my kids.

Posted September 21, 2013
Great K-8 school with many parents that are very involved Middle school math is very challenging. Select kids are advanced to next grade level and then take high school level math with Dr Bitner.

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is like a parent co-op in a public school setting. Parents work together with teachers to individualize and understand a child's needs. Administration and staff are in constant communication with you about your child's progress. This is an incredible community of parents, teachers, and staff who strive for high academic and engaging curriculum.

Roy Cloud Elementary School
3790 Red Oak Way, Redwood City, CA  94061
Last modified Roy Cloud Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roy Cloud Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top