Posted July 28, 2014
we promoted out of this school this year thank goodness!! It started as an amazing school when my oldest began the multi age program however over the pass few years the school has lost all the amazing teachers and has gone down hill bad!! Also if you are not hispanic and do not speak spanish you will have no hope at this school because they only cater to the hispanic culture the last year of the PTA ran but some one who had every child best interest at heart was last year Michelle Masher is now gone and the hispanic mothers have taken that over.. I would not reccomend to anyone

Posted June 10, 2014
How can I get a hold of a Staff member from this school if they don't answer the phones? Now im afraid to enroll my son in this school if this is what I'll be looking at if he does go here!!

John Gill Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
My child went to this school a few years ago and we transfered to Orion Alternative to get a more nurturing environment where active involvement is encouraged. As far as I understand, there is no longer a multi-age option, which is a shame because that was one of the best things about John Gill when we were there a few years ago. Just wanted that to be clear here as many older reviews mention how great the K-2 and 3-5 mixed age classrooms were.

John Gill Elementary School 5

Posted October 06, 2013
i remembered last year when i got promoted from 5th grade. this school will always be with me. i had the best teachers ever. i always had a great time at this school but now im in a charter school with my best friend from this school. last year i gave a speech on my promotion and all of my teachers thanked me for saying in my speech of how much they helped me with learning even the teachers that were teaching at the moment herd of what i said and thanked me the other day. all i wanted to say was that John Gill was such a great school to be in as a student.

Posted September 30, 2013
Sorry, I meant to say that the school'scounselor did not know how to talk or how to work with kids,not the school psychologist.

John Gill Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2013
John Gill School is a good school which is increasingly specialized in serving the needs of English as a Second Language students, who are largely from Mexico. This is a difficult task, and the principal is very dedicated to all the students, and very friendly and energetic. Bullying and other bad behavior is well controlled, but there are a few rough kids. Lunches are not well supervised, usually by one teacher handling 60-odd children. PTA is vicious and represents the long term local town parents, resisting the new nature of the school. These are generally the parents who are involved, however. Parental involvement beyond PTA is not really welcome, in general. Parents who want to be involved should look at Orion Alternative School. A substantial number of teachers are burned out, a few excellent, and turnover high. This affects all students at some point. The school has a few of the old 'performing arts' programs left, a wonderful dance program, pianos, etc. This can be a good school, with luck in teachers. Nice campus and location. Decent sports. For middle or high achieving students, there is much time wasted. Hopefully will improve, much potential.

John Gill Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2011
This school has excellent teachers that really get to know the students needs and work with each child in a caring enriching environment. The Principal, Josh Griffith has been a great asset to this school! He has a great relationship with both the teachers and parents of this school, and really understands the all around needs of every student.

Posted May 18, 2010
We love John Gill. We have a vibrant community of dedicated parents, teachers, staff and students.

Posted May 17, 2010
We love John Gill! Our daughter really loves her teacher.

Posted May 11, 2010
I LOVE our school because we have AMAZING teachers, a multi-age program (K-2 and 3-5), and most of all because we incorporate the Performing Arts beautifully.

John Gill Elementary School
555 Avenue Del Ora, Redwood City, CA  94062
Last modified John Gill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Gill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.