Redwood City, CA

Posted May 10, 2015
This school will not improve with the continuation of the past's good old boys network. Watch for the termination of the few remaining good staff on the whim of the district office. Home schooling or ANY alternative to this or any RCSD school should be considered by any parent who cares about one's child or the child's safely.

Posted March 16, 2015
I am a prospective parent who believes that, unfortunately, many parents in Redwood City do not seem to want better for their kids. If they did, they would not be supporting the status quo by saying that everything is great as it is. Neighboring communities have schools with better test scores and more emphasis on academics. IMO, Kennedy should decrease its emphasis on performing arts until academics and test scores seem competitive with those of similar schools in neighboring communities. As it is, I am considering homeschooling my son because I am not seeing/hearing that Kennedy parents care enough about academics to want more for their kids and this city/community.

Posted September 25, 2013
Kennedy Middle School is a very good school for every kind of learner! There are classes for Advanced Students (such as Geometry), English Learners, Special Needs and so on. Every student learns in this school. The principal is doing a fantastic job hiring and keeping quality staff that have a sincere love of teaching. Kennedy has many extracurricular activities including sports, art, dance, drama, and a fantastic instrumental music program that has received many awards.

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is the last remaining true "middle school" in this district. This school offers opportunities for students this age to interact with students from all over the district. The neighborhood is very watchful and welcoming to students attending this middle school. I am a home owner in the community and have sent my 3 students to this school and hope my grandchildren attend school here someday. I believe in neighborhood schools and passed up offers to send all 3 of my own students to North Star, so that they could walk to school and attend the middle school that my successful brother attended. It is a privilege to be in my second year at this hard working school! Parent and community involvement is key, as it is at all school campuses.

Posted September 22, 2013
Kennedy is a good 6-8 grade school with a fantastic music program, art and dance classes, and after-school sports and drama. There are many wonderful teachers, and a range of class levels from advanced to special education. The new principal is bringing the school much-deserved good attention for bringing test scores up and improving school spirit. Kennedy prepared my oldest child for high school (including AP classes). Check it out!

John F. Kennedy Middle School 5

Posted October 12, 2012
I have had 2 children at this school. The teachers are dedicated and really care about the kids. The principal and vice principal have created a great learning environment and safety is not an issue. There are advanced classes as well as extra support classes available to best meet your child's learning needs. They also offer real PE, music, and art, unlike the K-8 schools. One of my children is now at a big comprehensive high school and feels well prepared by his experience at Kennedy Middle School. The school gets a bad rap in the community but it is not at all deserved. The majority of parents I know think Kennedy was a great place to send their child for middle school.

Posted June 30, 2012
oh whoops wrong school with same name... D: I go the the John F. Kennedy Middle School in Cupertino. please ignore that; I don't have actual experience at this particular school.. sorry

Posted March 09, 2012
Please call the school office at 650.365.4611. Your daughter will be helped immediately. No student should be bullied and it will not be tolerated at Kennedy.

Posted March 08, 2012
WORST SCHOOL! The principal is a joke! My daughter has been bullied twice by the same girl. I have had meetings with the principal and they will not do anything about it! I want to go to the media and I plan to post and hand out flyers to get a response from other parents. Don't these morons watch the NEWS?! Do they want to end up on the news? Terrible, terrible job! I don't know how the Principal sleeps at night!

Posted August 22, 2011
I am so happy my son is now a Freshman and out of there. If I had to choose a middle school all over again, he certainly would not have gone there. They do call the cops for every little thing. Just ridiculous. Good ridden Mr. Sedar. Now they need to get rid of Ms. Vance. Some teachers just don't have the passion anymore. They are more interested in discipline then teaching.

John F. Kennedy Middle School
2521 Goodwin Avenue, Redwood City, CA  93239
Last modified John F. Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top