Redwood City, CA

Posted May 07, 2015
My two children started at Roosevelt in kinder then tested into the Blue Ribbon school in our district after 2nd grade. The school was awful on so many levels we returned to Roosevelt and couldn't be happier. The teachers genuinely care about their students and about teaching. My children are much happier now and I can see them thriving, socializing and learning. The teachers make learning fun and motivate the students to do their best. I believe Roosevelt is the best school in the district based on the combined commitment of the Principal, teachers, staff, students and parents to keep our school a down-to-earth place where everyone is welcome.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2015
My son has had a great experience at Roosevelt Elementary School. Mrs. Girardi the Principal, has always been supportive and helpful whenever we had questions, needed help, or just someone to talk to. The 8th grade teachers have done a great job planning fun learning experiences, field trips, projects, discussions and even started activities focused on college! Mr. Wies has been such a great help for improving my son's writing skills and has made learning challenging, interesting and even fun! He has made impressive progress this year. I am so glad we chose this school for my son's junior high years.

Posted November 17, 2014
Roosevelt is a great school!! When the time came to do research for schools, we looked at all possibilities and we couldn't be any happier with the choice we selected. The kinder program is fantastic and the kinder teachers are the BEST!!! Our son is always excited to go to school and PBL learning / experience has been outstanding... Go Raccoons!

Posted November 15, 2014
I am a parent of two Roosevelt students. It is not our neighborhood school- we chose to enroll there after a very poor experience at another RWC school. I could not be happier with our decision! The teaching staff have been consistently wonderful, and the PBL model has been a great fit for my kids. After each PBL unit the students do a presentation, which cements their understanding of the subject matter and helps teach them confidence in public speaking. Most importantly to me, my kids are happy at Roosevelt and excited about learning. We are looking forward to being a part of the community for many years!

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
This school is a great school because every teacher gets involved with the activities and the students and promoting a safe place for the kids where the can grow and feel good about themselves. Knowing that we are all different but we are come together for one purpose and to grow. I see as a parent that most of them (kids) watch out for each other. That's a good thing . The kids try to help each other in so many way. Like the older kids help the younger kids with homework or just being a friend when they need one. But yes there is some issues at the school but all in all its growing in a positive way.

Posted May 20, 2013
Our family likes Roosevelt Elementary! Here's why: Principal Trish Girardi is a strong leader. Her educational and administrative professionalism blended with personal qualities permeate throughout the school in a positive way: the kids, the teachers, staff, the parents everybody's always learning, and the messages are positive and encouraging. We appreciate the professionalism of the teaching, and the safe and welcoming atmosphere of the campus and PTA. The school has a lovely, sunny, staffed library. The quantity and clarity of the communication coming out of the school and the PTA have made a big difference in our ability to support our grandson's progress.

Posted May 27, 2012
My son has been at Roosevelt this year and next year his brother will be starting Kindergarten. This year has been such a great experience. His own teacher is excellent adn all the other teachers we have met are so warm and involved. They seem to know every student by name. We too have seen our son thrive in the Project Based Learning (PBL) program. It sure seems like a good way to get the kids interested and to get the info to stick! he comes home telling us about all the thing he has learned and in first grade is plowing through chapter books with joy. the community as a whole is amazing. Parents are ready to volunteer and chaperone whenever they can. And the kids and families are Very down to earth and warm. I'm not sure if Great school has made a note of it yet but Roosevelt got 2 awards this year! The Russel Kent Award for outstanding programs in a school district was awarded to Roosevelt for thier implimentaion of the PBL program. The Kindergarden was also awarded a Kent award as well. WAY TO GO ROOSEVELT! Clifford elementary and Northstar also recieved awards. Redwood city schools are showing thier stuff!

Posted May 25, 2012
I have three children at Roosevelt and have had the opportunity to see the excellent teachers from 1st to 6th grade. The PBL program is engaging and continues to make the learning environment enriching. I attended open house last night and watched each of my children proudly present the work they had done in their PBL units. I was very impressed by their knowledge but also how excited and proud they were of their work. The community at Roosevelt is warm and welcoming to all students. When I have had a need to express a concern to teachers or the principal they were readily available, and I knew my voice and concerns mattered and were addressed promptly. That expresses a high character that will continue to improve this school as I have already experienced.

Posted February 10, 2012
Wonderful children with caring families. The staff is excellent. Very dedicated and on it. The campus is also nice and the whole place has a real sense of community.

Posted January 11, 2012
Roosevelt is a great school - we were so impressed with the tour that we moved our kids from another public school to attend here. There is a strong leadership commitment from the staff and principal, excellent teachers that seem to enjoy teaching, and a small but very committed group of parent volunteers that help with everything from academics to fundraising. Even with shrinking school budgets and a small PTA fundraising budget, this little school offers a variety of enrichment and activities to the children. The PBL curriculum is similar to project based opportunities at North Star and Orion, two high scoring district schools. Don't just look at test scores - stop in and visit, talk with the teachers and parents, and see for yourself what makes this a special school.

Roosevelt Elementary School
2223 Vera Ave., Redwood City, CA  94061
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top