Redwood City, CA

Posted December 19, 2014
We started our children at Kindergarten at Roosevelt then left for North Star Academy. Unfortunately, North Star was not all that we were expecting it to be. The Principal is abrasive and rude and the teachers aren't exceptional. In fact, one teacher went from teaching math to teaching PE after years of parent complaints. Moving back to Roosevelt has given our family happiness once again and my children are excelling. The Principal is excellent along with the caring, competent teachers and friendly staff. Roosevelt is a hidden gem in our community and I'm very thankful to have found it.

Posted November 17, 2014
Roosevelt is a great school!! When the time came to do research for schools, we looked at all possibilities and we couldn't be any happier with the choice we selected. The kinder program is fantastic and the kinder teachers are the BEST!!! Our son is always excited to go to school and PBL learning / experience has been outstanding... Go Raccoons!

Posted November 15, 2014
I am a parent of two Roosevelt students. It is not our neighborhood school- we chose to enroll there after a very poor experience at another RWC school. I could not be happier with our decision! The teaching staff have been consistently wonderful, and the PBL model has been a great fit for my kids. After each PBL unit the students do a presentation, which cements their understanding of the subject matter and helps teach them confidence in public speaking. Most importantly to me, my kids are happy at Roosevelt and excited about learning. We are looking forward to being a part of the community for many years!

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
This school is a great school because every teacher gets involved with the activities and the students and promoting a safe place for the kids where the can grow and feel good about themselves. Knowing that we are all different but we are come together for one purpose and to grow. I see as a parent that most of them (kids) watch out for each other. That's a good thing . The kids try to help each other in so many way. Like the older kids help the younger kids with homework or just being a friend when they need one. But yes there is some issues at the school but all in all its growing in a positive way.

Posted May 20, 2013
Our family likes Roosevelt Elementary! Here's why: Principal Trish Girardi is a strong leader. Her educational and administrative professionalism blended with personal qualities permeate throughout the school in a positive way: the kids, the teachers, staff, the parents everybody's always learning, and the messages are positive and encouraging. We appreciate the professionalism of the teaching, and the safe and welcoming atmosphere of the campus and PTA. The school has a lovely, sunny, staffed library. The quantity and clarity of the communication coming out of the school and the PTA have made a big difference in our ability to support our grandson's progress.

Posted May 27, 2012
My son has been at Roosevelt this year and next year his brother will be starting Kindergarten. This year has been such a great experience. His own teacher is excellent adn all the other teachers we have met are so warm and involved. They seem to know every student by name. We too have seen our son thrive in the Project Based Learning (PBL) program. It sure seems like a good way to get the kids interested and to get the info to stick! he comes home telling us about all the thing he has learned and in first grade is plowing through chapter books with joy. the community as a whole is amazing. Parents are ready to volunteer and chaperone whenever they can. And the kids and families are Very down to earth and warm. I'm not sure if Great school has made a note of it yet but Roosevelt got 2 awards this year! The Russel Kent Award for outstanding programs in a school district was awarded to Roosevelt for thier implimentaion of the PBL program. The Kindergarden was also awarded a Kent award as well. WAY TO GO ROOSEVELT! Clifford elementary and Northstar also recieved awards. Redwood city schools are showing thier stuff!

Posted May 25, 2012
I have three children at Roosevelt and have had the opportunity to see the excellent teachers from 1st to 6th grade. The PBL program is engaging and continues to make the learning environment enriching. I attended open house last night and watched each of my children proudly present the work they had done in their PBL units. I was very impressed by their knowledge but also how excited and proud they were of their work. The community at Roosevelt is warm and welcoming to all students. When I have had a need to express a concern to teachers or the principal they were readily available, and I knew my voice and concerns mattered and were addressed promptly. That expresses a high character that will continue to improve this school as I have already experienced.

Posted January 11, 2012
Roosevelt is a great school - we were so impressed with the tour that we moved our kids from another public school to attend here. There is a strong leadership commitment from the staff and principal, excellent teachers that seem to enjoy teaching, and a small but very committed group of parent volunteers that help with everything from academics to fundraising. Even with shrinking school budgets and a small PTA fundraising budget, this little school offers a variety of enrichment and activities to the children. The PBL curriculum is similar to project based opportunities at North Star and Orion, two high scoring district schools. Don't just look at test scores - stop in and visit, talk with the teachers and parents, and see for yourself what makes this a special school.

Posted November 28, 2011
We could not be happier at Roosevelt. Great teachers, principal and communtiy of parents. Our Kindergartener loves going to school each day and is already reading, thanks to the patient and motivating teachers. We highly recommend it!

Posted November 24, 2011
I have a 2nd graders at Roosevelt. Quite simply, it's a GREAT school. I can't say enough positive things about it. They are on the right track in all regards with strong leadership, quality teachers who are professionals in every respect, and an environmnet where education is the top priority. It's refreshing. As an ex- teacher, I'm failry critical of school policies and curriculum decisions. I am 100% behind all decisions and programs implemented at Roosevelt. Bottome line...the kids come first. I just wish I would've discovered this school earlier in my children's schooling.

Roosevelt Elementary School
2223 Vera Ave., Redwood City, CA  94061
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top