Posted November 23, 2013
For a student who is insecure and scared of other like me, I think this high school is the best high school in Redwood City. This school made me feel confident about myself with the friendly teachers and well mannered students. loved it.

Posted July 05, 2013
Sequoia is the great with all the staff and teachers there to support us students along the way. I never felt unsure to enroll in Sequoia. It has been my dream to be able to go to Sequoia. There are many programs that you can enroll like the health academy, it puts students toward the health field. It is really worth it to join the academies and other programs. Everyone in Sequoia even the parents are very socialable. Hope to see you guys come by and check Sequoia out, because it is really worth it.

Posted October 22, 2010
SHS does an amazing job at educating ALL of its students, without creating a divided campus (which other schools in the area tend to do). My daughter noticed right away that there are no cliques or racial divisions at SHS. The teachers get better and better with each grade. Bonnie Hansen is a phenomenal principal, quick to respond, wise in her administration, warm, and well-respected. School spirit is high. As soon as my daughter shadowed, she knew it was the school for her and hasn't looked back.

Sequoia High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
great school / even better programs & teachers

Posted September 14, 2010
One of our sons graduated from Sequoia, and two sons currently attend. Sequoia is a great high school -- teachers are smart and caring, the students are well-behaved and focused, and the parent community is friendly and down to earth. Our son attends a highly selective liberal arts college and says he was very well prepared for college!

Posted July 19, 2010
We are a San Carlos family with a child at Sequoia. We have been so pleased with the school's excellent staff/faculty, friendly student body, and beautiful campus.

Posted July 13, 2010
My kids have attended both private and public high school and my feeling is that Sequoia HS is a great school that defies its long outdated reputation. The principal and her staff are excellent communicators, who act with purpose and compassion. The teachers are young, energetic and engage the students. The athletics are competitive without being overly competitive, so most kids get lots of playing time instead of just a few. This school is safe, with a strong parent community and a great dedicated staff. For whatever reason, parents and local papers without direct knowledge of Sequoia tend to bad mouth the school, despite its many changes over the years.

Sequoia High School 0

Posted March 28, 2010
I really hate this school. I'im in the IB but most of the teachers are new to the IB and don't understand the concepts or system well enough to ensure that the students are being shown in the best possible light. If it weren't for me being required by my parents to keep doing the IB - I would be quick to change schools to a friendlier, calmer environment.

Posted January 12, 2010

Sequoia High School 1

Posted November 29, 2009

Sequoia High School
1201 Brewster Avenue, Redwood City, CA  94062
Last modified Sequoia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top