Bad
Good

I recently enrolled my child in this school and was very disappointed with the school. The teacher's were so behind with the subjects being taught. It was like my child was repeating her past grade level. The principal is rarely around before and after school to see what is going on with her students. The school is not secure to the point that anyone can go inside the school. My child does not want to change from this school but if I don't see a change I will have to change her. I am deeply disappointed because I noticed my child was so behind, comparing it to the other elementary she attended before this one. In her other school there wasn't a day she would come home with something new she had learned. It seems that the volunteers are doing more for the school than the principal and the employee's. Very disappointing!!!

My 2 son's went to this school,Have still have one son there,But am looking for a new school for him next year,Garden Grove was a good and friendly school but as the years went by I have learned many thins about how they run thing.There are some really great teachers that care about the children,And then there are some that are there just for there pay checks. The problems that go on are new taking care of..They are just brushed under the carpet.I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL!! AND I HAVE BEN GOING TO THIS FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS...

I called this school inquiring information and was told to drop by and pick up a brochure to get additional information because I was interested in after school program. I visited the office today to get information on enrollment process. I've explained to one of the staff that I am a parent trying to figure out how to enroll my son in their school program and also advised the staff that I just moved to Reseda and is not familiar with the schooling system here in the U.S. I was told to comeback in May to pick up an application form. I was expecting a brochure to be handed out but I was told they didn't have any. As I prepare myself with other question in mind, the staff that was trying to help me keeps blurting out "come back in May". That type of response did not make me feel welcome in their school nor community. Since, public schools are based on the my new address, I guess I have no choice but learn how to deal with the Gaden Grove Elem. Staff. Private school is just too expensive for me right now.

i love the teachers they really try to connect with the students

Can't say i'm happy w/the educational program that is available at this school...my child attended Garden Grove from kinder to 2nd grade; now moving on to a better school and district. The teachers in each grade in my opinion worked to the minimum. The school is dirty and the Admin staff lack a professional responsibility to both students and parents!! I am sure that they are working w/what they have, however...I'm sure much more can be done on the part of the Principal to get more out of the staff...which would in turn improve the schools rating.

Excellent school. Excellent special education program. Staff goes above and beyond. Principal is very caring and is very involved on campus. Garden Grove has alot of extras that make it an excellent school.

Garden Grove Elementary has been a wonderful and educational experience for my third grade niece. She started Garden Grove with the preschool program and is currently enrolled in third grade. She has shown tremendous growth academically due to educated, passionate, and caring teachers. The loyalty and dedication of teachers involvement is priceless. The quality of academic programs are outstanding and the school follows state standards which is important for future education. Not only does Garden Grove meet the test standards, it also has a great music program which she enjoys. Thank you Garden Grove teachers for all your help,support, and caring for the students. - Meyber Reyes

Last modified Garden Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.