Bad
Good

My two kids have come to this school from kindergarten and is a great school with helpful teachers this year had mr.sanchez and mrs.alpert who both care for their students and are great teachers my kids learned so much this year.

I used to really like this school but I know see that when situations come up you are on your own. I am very disappointed. My older son has one more year left in this school. I am leaving him in this awful school just to be with his friends. My next child is not going to be a part of a school where the principal does nothing to help when your child has an issue. DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHILDREN COME TO THIS SCHOOL!

My son has been going to this school since Kindergarten, and I cant tell you enough on how caring the teachers and staff are. This is a great school. I particularly loved his first grade teachers named Mrs.Packard. She was awesome and made a positive 1st grade experience for him! Now he is in 2nd grade and he is excited to see what new things await him this year! Highly recommend this school!

Both of my boys attend Newcastle and I can only express how happy I am with the school, teachers, office staff, the principal and the rest of the staff at the school, everyone has always been friendly, helpful and most of all attentive to the kids.

NEWCASTLE SCHOOL . IT'S A GREAT SCHOOL. WHERE YOU FEEL THAT IS YOUR SECOND HOME. I LOVE IT BECAUSE MY SON LOVE TOO. HE IS SO HAPPY.

a schools API score doesnt tell the whole story about a school. it definitely needs more ethnic diversity, homework help for students, and more extra curricular activities to reward the students for there hard work!

Newcastle is a fantastic school. The API score is 862, which is very high. Newcastle received an Honorable Mention as a California Distinguished School. Newcastle received a huge art and music grant for all grades. All grades had a field trip to the Getty Museum. Aquarium of the Pacific came to the school with a mobile aquarium so the children could touch starfish and baby sharks! The campus is lovely with mature shade trees and a large grassy area for play. The after school program is wonderful, helping children with their homework than organizing games. Newcastle has a nice community feel, nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood. We are so lucky to have such an academically strong school in our neighborhood. We love our school!

For the average child, this may very well be a good school academically, but for children who are a bit accelerated, this school is not up to snuff. One of the first grade teachers was asked by another parent about some extra work for an accelerated child and she refused to help claiming that she didn't want her smarter than the other kids. WTH? As for my child, her first grade teacher often lashed out with name-calling when she was stressed and on field trips, children were neglected and a couple were "misplaced". The cafeteria in extremely unhygienic and the principal is not concerned. In fact, the principal does not hold the mothers in as high regard as the fathers of the children and often condescends to them. Hispanic families also seem to be held in higher regard than Caucasians however is has been noted that Mr Rojas has made many empty promises to the children about iPads and x-boxes for the kids when they are making the PTA pay to re-instate the buses for the special needs children. I have since left this school for a better and safer school district as i could not keep placing my child at risk, physically, emotionally and educationally.

I am so happy to see that my old elementary school is finally open again. I attended this school back in the early 80's and even back then I thought the school was awesome. Still don't know why the school was closed for over 20 years but I'm really happy to know that it's open. Good job!

Its a great school! My kids love it and I love the teachers and the way they have taught my children!

Last modified Newcastle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.