John R. Wooden High School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
This school was amazing, it WAS amazing till they kicked out everyone who was 18 and over. My daughter was 5 months away from graduating but told her she couldn't come back because she turned 18 over summer break. How can they do this? Who denies education? This is ridiculous and uncalled for. Students work so hard just to be told they can not come back to a school they loved. Do not send your child here if you want them to graduate!

Posted April 17, 2014
JRWHS is a very unique small learning community with wonderful opportunities for students to gain a solid education along with useful skills after graduation, especially in communication and career building. The staff works hard to provide extra opportunities for the students in areas of learning, service to the community, real-life negotiation skillls, environmental awareness with opportunities with our organic gardening and animal farm, to mention a few.

John R. Wooden High School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
THIS SO CALLED HIGH SCHOOL IS A JOKE. LET NOONE FOOL YOU THIS IS A CONTINUATION SCHOOL. KIDS CAN COME AND GO AS THEY PLEASE. THEY SET THEIR OWN CIRICULUM. DECIDE TO DO WORK WHEN THEY PLEASE AND TURN IT IN AT THEIR LEISURE. I WOULD NEVER ALLOW ANY OF MY KIDS TO GO HERE. AS YOU CAN TELL FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTS. THE KIDS ARE VERY "EDUMACATED". LOOK AT THE GRAMMER USED. THESE KIDS LIVE AND WORK IN OUR SOCIETY. OOUCH.....WHAT IS WRONG HERE?

Posted June 13, 2009
I just recently graduated from JRWHS. It's a really great school. We really were like a family. A big wacky crazy family. I have learned so much at that school. I have learned a lot of life lessons and got a really great education at the same time. The teachers treat you as if you were their own child, they go out of their way to help you with your work. One teacher even tries to incorporate classes that may not be in the curriculum. All the teachers there great. Ms.Young the english teacher really takes english to the next level. Ms.Dow the science teacher really lets you have an hands on experience while working on the farm and in science labs. Mr.Trapani the history teacher will give you projects that capture your interest letting you enjoy the class. Ms.Jepson is a english, science, history, math, p.e, and arts teacher.

John R. Wooden High School 0

Posted June 09, 2009
John Wooden is a high school that has a staff that will stretch out the arms of assistance to any student. This high school also acknowledges each student learns differently. Lastly the class size is smaller which allows students to receive more individual attention. Great school

Posted June 09, 2009
i have been a t jrwhs for 3 years now and it has been the most best time of my life i love the teachers there mama J is the best and since it is keslers last year there with us..we are all sad and dont want him to leave..when i first started there i was thinking to my self what am i doing here its like all the other school ive ever been to but i stayed there and it was nothing like any school ive been too..this school is more like a family not a school..i love this school and i never want to leave but one day im going to have to...if your ever thinking about sending your kids here it is the best school u will find because the teachers reall do care here unlike at a big high school...i love the teachers and kesler...

Posted April 27, 2009
I am a former student of prev named Aliso High and i loved this school. Mr Kesler is the best principal ever Mrs Jepson was like my second mom and Mr Trapani was like a dad keeping me on my Qs and Q's if it wasnt for them i would have never graduated. That school isnt an ordinary school its a family they truely care about all the kids education. I would send my kids there.

Posted August 15, 2008

Posted June 26, 2008
I am a former student of this school and I can honestly say I had the best time in school at Aliso I graduated 6 month ahead of schedual and went in 6 months behind. Teachers are awsome and they REALLY care about their students. Mr Kesler, Ms Jepson, Miss Dow and Mr Trappani are te coolest they always make you feel like family while you still learn.

Posted December 11, 2007
John R. Wooden is the best continuation school ever! Mr. Kesler, Ms.Jepson, Miss.Dow, Ms.Young, Ms Ioakim and Mr.Trappani are the greatest teachers a school can have!Its not just a school,its more like a family. The enviorment there is amazing.I hated school with a pasion, now that I have graduated and going to college, I wish I could take back time and stay at Aliso.We dont see ourselfs as a continuation we see ourselfs as a family.

John R. Wooden High School
18741 Elkwood Street, Reseda, CA  91335
Last modified John R. Wooden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
John R. Wooden High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top