Bad
Good

Bertrand Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2014
This school needs a lot of work. The staff is ok but they desperately need a new principal. I am very disappointed in the one they have now. She doesn't seem to care at all about the students and she is very unwelcoming. I am sending my child to another school this year.

Posted March 09, 2013
Whether a person went to 8 years of college or not, perfessional career or not. one sometimes can not escape being human. Maybe what a child is or looks like or might have said, could trigger an uncalled for, unperfessional attitude toward that child. Perfessionals should look beyond parent gossip about another child, or family, and should stay non -bias. Gossip isnt healthy, and sometimes created by envy. Maybe a child that comes from the same country, city, as a staff member is favored more than other classmates. Bertrand does have many excellent teachers, as well as staff. The principal does what she can, but maybe its a lanauage barrier she can't get through to. Being polite as I can, there are some parents that don't respect her as they should, and pass it on to their children. I believe in this school, though I don't rate it high, but I have confidence in humanity. There are many good children, wanting to learn all they can, without other problems to deal with. Principal has school spirit and trying to keep it alive, can not be easy, but I give her credit for it. The awards, incentives are number 1 with the children. Good Job!

Posted May 09, 2012
This school needs more parent involvement. Academically its not very challenging. And the principle could care less of issues concerning parents. And the staff should be respectful and caring toward the kids. But this school does have a lot of misbehaved kids, so I think the school and the parents at this school have a part in the schools overall rating.

Bertrand Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
The principal is unattentive to important issues concerning the school, so I agree with the other postings. Bertrand is our home school but my child goes out of the area.

Bertrand Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2011
I love all the teachers in this school they really care for our kids. The Principal.....that is something else.

Posted May 12, 2010
I love Bertrand because the teachers are dedicated and authentically care about each student.

Posted April 16, 2010
I love Bertrand because the teachers are very good at helping students.

Bertrand Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted February 19, 2009
My child has been at this school since Kindergarten and has had the best teachers. I have my other children at other schools before and this school the teachers are better. My child have lots of help from teachers and other teachers.

Posted January 28, 2009
The school is on it's third principal and as a parent I am very frustrated to see the school climate in the tank. The current principal is unwelcoming, rude, and insincere to us as parents. The school has potential, but lacks the leadership it once had in the past.

Bertrand Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
This school is great...it's just that we struggle with waiting for the translation to finish before we could move on in (being an Asian)meetings and they take a long time.

7021 Bertrand Avenue, Reseda, CA  91335-4711
Last modified Bertrand Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.