Magnolia Science Academy 7 School

Charter | K-5 & ungraded | 230 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Sweep tile

Posted September 26, 2013

Msa 7 is a great school.I am so satisfied to send my daughter to this school.. Teachers and the other staff are so friendly and caring to the ss..I am sending to afterschool program and it worked perfectly..

Posted September 10, 2013

I'm glad that I enrolled my daughter to this school. She started first grade this year with a wonderful teacher. I hope that Great Schools rating is going to be 9 again just like it was last year.

Posted August 7, 2013

Magnolia Science Academy 7 is really nice and safe environment for my kids. I feel really comfortable to leaving my kids after school program in which they have a lot of activities and assistant teacher helping my kids to correcting homework and working with them to improve weak areas. It is very important to find a school which you feel safe and comfortable about my kids since we are working couple

Posted August 6, 2013

We love MSA-7 , kids at the school have enjoyed a very supportive and fun learning experience. The teachers are excellent, assertive and caring at the same time. The reading and math programs are a very effective way to learn. They have lots of activities and after school programs. I can see an improvement my daughter's level.

Posted August 6, 2013

I am amazed that a school can become a family. I feel blessed that each day I drive my children to school, they see Mr. Ike and Mr. Serce welcome them to school, their teachers are happy to see them and my heart glows. I feel I have found my niche and my children have found a home to grow not only academically but also emotionally and mentally. They feel happy, literally, they rush to school with eagerness to be part of MSA family and spend time with their teachers. They do not feel uprooted, rather they feel like they have always been in MSA, even if they had just moved here to Valley mere three months ago. Thank you MSA 7

Posted August 3, 2013

This is a pretty good school, Teachers are altruistic, amiable and sophisticated. School is like a family. Their academic program and after school program are very efficient. They have many activities and sports events. Parents are playing soccer and volleyball. Students are coming school not only Monday- Friday , they are also coming on Saturday to study math and science. I am blessed to have my daughter and son attend MSA-7. I strongly recommend it anyone.

Posted April 19, 2013

Magnolia Science Academy 7 is an excellent school, the staff and principal are always on top of all the students making sure they are excelling in their school work. Their API score is 906..... I really love this school.This is a fantastic school,you get everything here,like a private school.

Posted April 18, 2013

MSA-7 has exceeded my expectations in so many ways. My children came from another public school where communication with staff was very difficult. At MSA-7 I can talk to whomever I feel I need to regarding any issue, and the staff will stop what they are doing, truly listen to me, and address my concerns. At other schools I would have to wait to make appointments to talk with teachers and staff, but at MSA-7 staff is always accessible and always has the time. The principal has an open door policy and is always warm, welcoming and friendly. My children have blossomed both academically and personally since attending this school. MSA-7 strives for academic success and they work very tirelessly to help all students, including donating their free time for enrichment programs and one-on-one time with the students. Every time I have had to visit the office, everyone is always polite, welcoming and happy to see me. I always see the principal, vice principal and other staff engaging with the children and watching them, ensuring their safety and happiness. I highly recommend this school. When I leave my students in the morning I know they are safe and happy.

Posted April 18, 2013

My son started second grade at Magnolia Science Acadamy-7 this school year (2012-2013) and the improvements in his life are fantastic. He was in need of an IEP and through the staff dedication, administration support, and services offered and given to him, he has made improvement in all areas of his social interaction, his self esteem, and is educational performance. The staff impressed me most with their dedication to all their students and their sincere dedication both student and parents both. Any problems and/or concerns my husband and I have had this year have been met with with timely concern and handled effectively and efficiently. I am proud that my son is a part of the MSA family and look forward to continuing his education at MSA-7. I highly recommend this school to any family.

Posted April 18, 2013

My son started at MSA7 this year. We came from a private and were worried that the academics wouldn't match up. We were so pleased to find out that this school had strong academics and high scores.We found the teachers to be hard workibg and experienced.The teachers work hard to meet the needs of every student. My son always feels safe and never bullied. The principal is very dedicated and has an open door policy. The support staff are always warm and friendly. The after school program is very well organized and heloful with homework. My son wakes up every morning eager to go to school and every staff member knows his name. I am very thankful to the MSA7 staff for making my sons transition year a great one.

Posted November 16, 2012

I had my son attend this school for two years for kinder and first grade before we moved to Arizona, such a great school. I was so happy with them. Friendly front office, approachable principal and vice principal. Dedicated teachers! Lots of activities keep children socialize with one another. Great scores also prove their academic rigor! My son was eligible to take third grade math and language arts now, because of what his teachers at MSA-7 has tought him. Valley parents are very lucky to have this school!

Posted August 24, 2012

I just enrolled my daughter today after taking a tour. What a wonderful school! The campus is small (but big enough for the students they have), green, and open space. The Staff was vry friendly outgoing, and always praising the kids for good behavior! All the staff I saw interacting with the students knew the students name which was great. The dean was participating in outdoor time with the older kids. I see a great future for my daugter at MSA7.

Posted May 28, 2012

Wonderful management, staff, teachers. Learning is strong and fun. Mr. Ike, Mr. Serce, Ms. Vazques are my favorite. But I believe all are dedicated and wonderful teachers. Thanks to all staff. Great green area, wonderful play ground, safe zone. I receive more than my expectations. Thanks again.

Posted February 2, 2012

I have two kids enrolled at MSA 7 for about one year now (5th and 1st grades) and they both have shown a remarkable academic improvement going from a private school. They have some of the best math and science teachers around with solid European education. My kids are more social and active. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 24, 2011

The faculty and staff are so caring and wonderful . They even make sure your kid eats enough food before throwing it away . The whole staff and faculty knows all students and watches over them . The education my son has been recieving there is amazing . I know my home school would not have delivered the way MSA-7 has . There is a definite community feeling amongst the students , encouraging each other with "good job" statements . I love this school !!!

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

N/A

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

N/A

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

25 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

25 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

All Students85%

Hispanic or Latino58%
Economically disadvantaged53%
Fluent-English proficient and English only80%

Source: California Department of Education

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • Technology
The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) School Experience Survey asks parents, students and employees about their school's learning environment. Results provide insight into school climate, such as whether the school is academically rigorous, engaging, safe, and collaborative. Learn more

We organized questions from the LAUSD School Experience Survey into five categories. The respondent group-level results (parents, students, and school employees) show the percent of each respondent group that agree or strongly agree that the school has positive results for that category.

Overall school results for each category are calculated by averaging across group-level results, ensuring that each respondent group is equally represented. Alongside the results for each school are the aggregated results across all LAUSD schools, which are provided as a basis for comparisons.

Learn more about the LAUSD survey »Close
Based on 109 responses

This school provides ... 1

High academic expectations for all studentsWhat's this?

This score measures the percent of parents and students that agree to strongly agree that this school sets high academic expectations for its students and expects them to be college-bound. This score is based on the average of the following LAUSD survey Content Areas: School Future Expectations (Parents), School Quality (Parents), Future Plans (Parents), Opportunities For Learning (Students), Future Plans (Students).

District average

A safe, clean and orderly environmentWhat's this?

This score measures the percent of parents, students and employees that agree to strongly agree that this school has a well-kept facility and a safe environment conducive to learning. This score is based on the average of the following LAUSD survey Content Areas: School Cleanliness (Employees), School Safety (Employees), Safety (Parents), School Cleanliness (Students), School Safety (Students).

District average

Strong family engagementWhat's this?

This score measures the percent of parents and employees that agree to strongly agree that this school engages parents and communicates with families to promote student learning. This score is based on the average of the following LAUSD survey Content Areas: Parent Involvement (Employees), Feeling of Welcome (Parents), School Involvement (Parents), Teacher to Parent Communication (Parents).

Based on surveys from:

RespondentsResponse rate
Parents10942%

12012-13 Los Angeles Unified School District School Experience Survey

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:35 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Irena Erangey-Millard
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (818) 975-5215

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Transportation options
  • None

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Magnolia Science Academy-1