Rialto, CA

Sam V. Curtis Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2014
my daughters in second grade at the school she's been going there since preschool. she's never been placed with a good teacher. Her teachers never participated in school play or holiday activities. like arts and crafts for mothers fathers day ,Valentines ,Christmas. school doesn't just have to be about work it could also be fun. there's no classroom agenda sent home so parents know what's going on in the classroom for that month. there's never any parking to pick our kids off safely or drop them off safely no staff outside after school watching children or helping move traffic along its crazy. School get out way too early at 1:30. Which is annoying. breakfast and lunch menu are also bad. San bernardino schools have a better lunch menu. Which is weird. I would not recommend this school to any parent. most other schools in the area have a better school rating.

Posted September 16, 2013
I love this school! I have had 4 children go through this school and every one of them has been successful. The principal and assistant principal are great! They take the steps necessary to ensure that every child is successful. The teaching staff is all kind and caring. You don't even need to request that your child get a specific teacher because they are all great. The secretary is friendly and accommodating. The campus is always clean and my children felt safe there. They have after-school sports programs that are always successful. I am so glad I chose to send my children to Curtis Elementary.

Posted September 16, 2013
I am so appreciate of the principal, Mr. Vince Rollins, and the Vice Principal, Mr. Albert Gutierrez. Both have made me and my child feel comfortable. These are truly exceptional individuals. Both have been patient with their time and have answered all my questions. Their warmth, their love for children and education exudes from them every day. I appreciate them for what they did for my children. The teaching staff is exceptional. Some teachers that really stood out for me were Mrs. Stewart, Mr. Yoshimitsu and Mr. Solomon. I wished they all followed my children to middle school. The front office staff is excellent and I have noticed that a nurse is on site regularly. I saw lots of teachers participate in school events after school. This to me shows a dedicated staff. One weakness of the school is lack of parent support in the PTO. When I came to a meeting there were only a few parents who didn't participate very much. Sometimes when I walked on campus there would be trash and debris. The school should be cleaner and neater in appearance.

Posted April 11, 2012
my four kids have being going to this school since kinder ,and they love it and the teachers have being great support to them specially mrs. pedrosa ,mrs. stewart ,mrs. chen and mrs.ford they trully have made my kids feel appreciated.and my kids feel safe when they go to school.i coulnt have picked a better school.

Posted November 02, 2009
my daughter was in mrs. gomez fith grade class alst year and she is lovely!!! my daughter loved her teacher and so did i!! she is the best!! she truly deserves all the respect and appreciation that she recieves :)

Posted July 16, 2009
My daughter was in Mrs. Lims kindergarden class. I definetly saw a major improvement in my daughter's reading and writing skills. Curtis Elementry has proved to be a terrific school and the teachers spend the time to ensure the children are at the level required.

Posted May 25, 2009
it could better safety after school.

Posted March 21, 2009
When I first moved to Rialto, CA, I was skeptical about enrolling my son here because of its low scores. My son attended preschool and I absolutely loved his teacher and boy did he learn a lot. He is now in Kindergarden with Mrs. Lim. We absolutely adore her and I definitely feel my son is learning what he is supposed to and he has met the standards for each trimester. Im amazed at how involved the teachers are with their kids.

Sam V. Curtis Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted August 01, 2008

Sam V. Curtis Elementary School
451 South Lilac Avenue, Rialto, CA  92376
Last modified Sam V. Curtis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sam V. Curtis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top