673 students|Rialto Unified

Bad
Good

I love this school, now they have more security for the kids and the teachers are the best ,My son loves his teacher and the after school program.

Since the principal change at Kelley in 2008 the quality of the overall school experience has improved tremendously. Parental involvement (PTA) this year is already double that of 2009/10. The more parents are involved the better it is for the students and the staff. Teachers and students both respond better to a happier campus and the quality of teaching and learning improves dramatically.

I have noticed many changes at Kelley since the change of Administrators, they are out on campus and I hear from my child how much the principal visits her classroom. My daughter loves her teacher and the after school program.

My three children were not originally excited to come to Kelley from our last district. One of them in particular was beginning to have behavior issues at school. I went to Kelley to speak with someone about my son, the principal was very nice and took time to meet with me on the spot. Now I am very happy to say that his behavior has improved greatly. My other two kids also tell me how much they love their teachers. Thank you Kelley.

My son entered Kelley this school year. Previously he had grades equivalent to A's and B's. He had social issues in the classroom that were addressed by admin to be behavioral problems that were his decision. When asked if he could be evaluated for learning/ psychological problems I was told no. He ended up with grades that stated he was below his grade level even thought he scored the highest in his class on one of the benchmarks. He is reading two grades above his grade level but his report card indicated below grade level. He is very smart and his needs were not being met at this school. He claimed that his classroom was too noisy for him and was bullied more than once. If the admin had been more understanding to my sons needs I believe he would have had a better year.

This school falls well below standards, mine and the State's. My son attends this school and has learned nothing close to what the State lists as standards for his grade. When I asked him if he knew his capitals he said, 'I know the first letter of the sentence has to be a capital.' They only teach what is needed to pass State testing so they don't end up a PI school again. They do English and Math all day. My son didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if his class works on Health or History. The school's idea of working on History is a project sent home over vacation. The amount of homework required is also a joke! Rialto District's policy on homework is that it is to count no more than 10% of the final grade, and off-track homework or projects are voluntary!

Last modified Kelley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.