Richmond, CA

Posted September 20, 2009
Our son is 10 and is severely autistic. He has been through the public school system before with little improvement. He now has a hopeful future because he has improved, and continues to improve, so well. YES, the goals for IEP are important, but they are only a piece of the pie. It takes people that are specialists in the field, such as these, who know HOW to get through to the child.

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted October 10, 2007

A Better Chance / California Autism Foundation 0

Posted August 23, 2007
i worked as a summer intern for ABC and it was the most challenging and rewarding experience ever. The staff all genuinely care about their work, and I have seen so many example where they go beyond their duty to help the students emotionally, physically, academically. They are underpaid and yet love their job. I feel like the school does it's best to address every student's individual need with personal, social, academic, and professional needs. The students seem to enjoy school and form friendships with the staff; it's only been a week since my internship ended and I miss them already.

Posted June 04, 2007
This is the best school I have ever been to. Things I like about this school: Good staff and students. I also like how my class goes on field trips every Monday.

Posted May 21, 2007
Depends on perspective: Does a lot of outings, has a range of/on the spectrum. Has some kids that are aggressive, but they address it as they can. They are learning and adapting as they go. They service kids in the range of 1st all the way up. Teach job skills. Negatives: has a bit too high teacher turn over, a little disorganized Pluses: Owns up to their mistakes, communication is solid if you are specific, works on arts, upkeeps school, does lots of real life things with the kids, my child skips and is happy to get on the bus. The teachers look happy and seem to have genuine interest in being there.

Posted April 10, 2006
My child attended La Patite Academy since he was 2 years old, now that he's 5 and in their Kindergarten class I am very impressed with the academic programs, the activites they participate in and the overall environment. When my son who's only 5 spelled words like alligator, elephant, responsibiity and listening I knew that he was in a great school. I look forward to my daughter who's now 2 to benefit the same way my son did. Regards, very happy parent : )

A Better Chance / California Autism Foundation 3

Posted October 27, 2005
My son went here for preschool and it was great. They teach the childen their shapes, colors, and how to write. The only problem I had was that it was pricey. They also have a high turnover of teachers.

A Better Chance / California Autism Foundation
4138 Lakeside Drive, Richmond, CA  94806
Last modified A Better Chance / California Autism Foundation is a Private school that serves grades K-12
A Better Chance / California Autism Foundation Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top