Richmond, CA
Before care: Yes

Crestmont School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Crestmont School is an excellent formative experience for children. The co-op is a place where teachers, children and their families create a truly supportive community. The teachers are nurturing, experienced, credentialed and bring the best out in our kids. The school is thriving in its fortieth year as a parent-owned co-op. I love the parent participation in the community and running of the school. Classroom participation is optional (tuition remission!) but so rewarding. The tuition is substantially cheaper than comparable schools in the area. The kids are part of the co-op philosophy and are encouraged to have a voice in the community and to understand how their actions make an impact and can be a positive force for change. This is a wonderful school for my son.

Posted November 02, 2009
I've been a parent at this school for 7 yrs, and have 2 children currently there. I've served on the board, and have enjoyed being a part of my children's educational experience. The love it, and are learning not only how to read, write, explore, inquire, get support, ask questions, etc... they are also learning the love for community. They act locally, and are active in helping the local homeless shelter, as well as acting globally, and helping to buy land to save the rainforest. They love school, and can't wait to go in the morning. The language arts program, the creativity and art, the spanish and science, the traditions they look forward to each year... what a great school in every way!!

Crestmont School 0

Posted October 28, 2009
The current teachers (credentialed) here are amazing and put so much care and creativity into their curriculum. My child is very cared for and is learning so much. The cost of the school is lower than most because it's a parent owned co-op but it's the community is priceless. Everyone works to make this a very special place for our children. crestmontschool.com is the web address to check out info.

Posted January 28, 2008
If only I had been able to be here as a kid! Great teachers, kids and community. Co-op so all parents volunteer to make it work - and it's been working for decades in a way that you FEEL is really special. Crestmont is the best school experience I could imagine for my kids and our family and really eclipses all of the other area schools. It s not free but is less expensive by far than all the area schools and holds up to the best of them scholastically. I reckon that Crestmont really sprints past the pack when it comes to helping kids be their best selves. There are several public school teachers who have their kids here, which I think speaks volumes. It's a wonderful place to be a kid as you grow and learn. Great value!

Posted October 17, 2007
My child has had excellent, caring, and dedicated teachers at Crestmont School. The curriculum is presented creatively, and students are engaged in active learning at Crestmont. I have found the academic standards to be high, and tailored to each student. I feel that the small size of the school and classes is very beneficial -- individual attention is provided to each child. Crestmont is a parent-run cooperative so participation in the school administration is expected from each family. Participating in the school has been a positive experience for me as I am able to be involved in many aspects of the school, including the decision-making process. Last, but not least, the supportive community at Crestmont school has been wonderful.

Posted May 22, 2007