Public charter
Richmond, CA

Richmond College Preparatory School 2

Posted November 01, 2014
My child has learned a lot here, but it seems to have a flaw in its discipline policy. My child was involved in an incident at school, where he was the one injured, and I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL! I picked my child up from school to find that they had been injured severely. The principal also admitted that there were other reports that were not completed either. Instead they were more interested in placing blame on my child, and as well as me the parent for being upset that I WAS NEVER CALLED, and for the way they depicted my child as the BAD GUY. I NEVER ONCE YELLED OR USED FOUL LANGUAGE, but I WAS CALLED IRRATIONAL AND UNCIVILIZED ( and they couldn't even share it with me, it was passed down, by a third party). I have supported this school, volunteered, even asked in the past to stand for the principal when she found herself in racial discrimination matter with another concerned parent. I was willing to BACK HER UP. But now I see that if you don't look like them or respond like they think you should, you are clearly not on their level. WHEN THE REAL MATTER AT HAND IS THEY DROPPED THE BALL.

Richmond College Preparatory School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Great school great teachers always working with parents to better understand each child individually. I only wish they had a larger music program but other than that I love this school

Richmond College Preparatory School 5

Posted October 29, 2013
RCPSchools.org is where you will find out more information about our school. As the Family Advocate, since 2004, I have been proud to represent the school in matters of attendance, recruiting, home visits and working closely with the CEO, Peppina Chang as needed. The state's API requires schools and districts to score 800 on a scale of 200 to 1,000 in standardized tests to meet California's proficiency target. Richmond, scored an impressive, 33-point jump in its API score, from 795 to 828. "Our population is 100 percent students of color -- 50 percent African-American and 50 percent Hispanic," said Founder, David Rosenthal. While most schools are open 180 days a year, Richmond College Prep is open 205 days a year, with activities including jiu-jitsu, Gospel Choir and mindfulness training to help educate the whole child, and the school also offers afterschool activities which include guitar, folkloric and modern dance, calligraphy, Gate Art, photography, gardening, drama as well as Spanish, language arts and math review.

Richmond College Preparatory School 5

Posted February 16, 2012
I have two children attending Richmond College Prep, one in third grade and the other in fourth grade. This is a wonderful school full of diversity. My daughter is in the school chior and my son takes Mexican Dance. I like the fact that there is no waiting list for the after school program my children are there until 5:30pm. By the time I pick my kids up they have completed their homework in the homework center. This is one of the best schools in Richmond.

Richmond College Preparatory School 0

Posted January 26, 2008
My son is in the first grade and goes to this school and so far what I've seen is that his teacher is dedicated to giving the students the best they can get out of their education. There is a lot of homework so be prepared to do some work with him/her once your child comes home after school. It is a very long school day so you have to have your child in bed pretty early (around 8:30/9:00) They offer a wonderful after school program if you don't mind keeping your child at school a couple of more hours per day. I would definitely suggest this school over other richmond schools in the area. You'll see the difference!

Richmond College Preparatory School
214 South 11th Street, Richmond, CA  94804
(510) 235-2066
Last modified Richmond College Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond College Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top